Unpopular opinions

1034 posts in this topic

Posted

-Last one, I actually like Jennifer Lawrence lol 

Jlaw = :alpacacrush:

So I feel you :'D

Posted

- this is so random but i liked taylor swift better when she made country music . her old songs were bops

Posted

• I admire Kris Jenner's drive to make money out of everything. As much as her ways are ~controversial~, I wish I had half the motivation she has to work her way up. 
  • Kanye was already depressed and on the verge of breaking down long before he got with Kim. Blaming the Kardashian-Jenners for everything is just dumb to me. The guy's mother died, and he was super close to her. That completely threw him off tracks.
  • The same goes for Lamar. He was heavily into drugs way before he met Khloe. His father was (still is) an addict and his mother died when he was really young. If anyone is to blame for his fucked up career -- it's him himself. Not the Kardashians.
  • Scott has a similar past, not to mention his parents died shortly after another.

Basically, not everything are the Jennershians fault. Sure, they are a handful, but I honestly don't think they're that vindictive. And I'm not even a fan of theirs. I actually can't stand 90% of them.

Posted

Skipped the first half of these so forgive me if I'm repeating anything.

- Grinding/dirty dancing is fun :alpacaheadshake: if it's consensual and you're not going haywire/literally attacking people around you with your ass/crotch then just do it! You're an adult, enjoy yaself!

- I love snapchatting concerts, taking selfies everywhere, documenting all the new foods I try, and I equally love seeing other young (and old!) people exercising these rights on their social media. If I'm talking to someone who even starts on the whole "thing were better back in the good ol days when people actually ~LIVED~ their lives instead of starting at their screens!!!!" bruhhhhhhhhhhh why you gotta be so unfun like that

- This is coming from someone who was an introvert for 75% of her life but gradually became an extrovert: some introverts make such a big deal out of small talk. Yeah I get why it's dreadful but in most cases it's an unavoidable aspect of human socializing. Get over it yall, unless you have social anxiety, you can handle it. 

- I love raving, I love the EDM community, and I don't care if a lot of millennials are joining the rave scene cause it's the trend or cause it's a fun environment to party in. I like the music and the more people there are to dance with, cool! Hardcore EDM fans who whine about their "safe space" being infiltrated by kids following their trend act as though they don't have room to keep loving their music :alpacacrush: we both paid money from our own pockets to go to these raves, and we both deserve to have fun without anyone shaming us aight guise

- A lot of people on here seem like they fake concern over a snowflake's mental health, personal spending, lifestyle choices, etc etc when they're just trying to shame the snowflake. Look we get it, this is a gossip site. Ya girl here joined because I know there are some people in life who are just weird and interesting to observe (thank u snowflakes for the entertainment). I am a human still and I do have concern over online personalities when there are legitimate reasons to believe they are in danger or have real issues (Marina Joyce, Eugenia Cooney). But a lot of users on here shouldn't be so ashamed to admit that, like me, they're here because it's fun to observe snowflakes crazy enough to lie/scam/cheat/btchfight, not because we truly care about them so much and want to engage ourselves in helping them fix their lives or something LOL

Posted

- I don't like Markiplier's playthroughs after Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. Beginning with that series he makes a whole lot more unnecessary inappropriate jokes (like calling every phallic object a penis/dildo etc) and he screams and shouts a lot more, all reminiscent to 2012-13 Pewdiepie. I especially hate how throughout his LP of To the Moon he does not take the game seriously, keep making sex jokes about John and River and also the doctors, and only at the end he was like "oh I didn't realize this game has such serious undertones, this part reminds me of my loss blah blah blah". A Machine for Pigs made me start to doubt Markiplier, then To the Moon just made me unsubscribe to him for good. He's a good person, but his gaming personality became so...cringey, trying to accomodate 12 year olds.

- I hate how ddlg, or just having the male(or dominant partner in homosexual couples) be possessive over their partner to the point of imprisoning them and even holding them against their will, are glorified and even became "aesthetic". I don't understand how any kinks can be glorified as romantic. It's a KINK for goodness sake. For example in the dating sim Mystic Messenger there is a character called Jumin Han, in one of his bad endings the player willingly lets him imprison you and take care of your every need, basically treating you like a pet. A lot of teenage girls think it's actually a good ending and they go crazy about it, calling Jumin daddy, and popular Jumin Han fanarts and cosplays usually feature Jumin as this sugar daddy that is super possessive over the player. Jumin Han is a great character with great character development but all that's left of him in these girls' eyes are him being possessive. Power plays in consensual relationships can be sexy if done right, but why being on a leash by your partner (both literally and figuratively) can be viewed by teenage girls as "relationship goals"?? Some of these portrayals where the girls/submissive partner are at first held against their will and develop love later is classic Stockholm Syndrome, it's not for everyone, but a lot of these girls don't mind as long as the guy doing it is handsome and hot, it's so immature. Kinks should be kept in private, in play spaces, or in fetish clubs, period.

Posted

* My biggest unpopular opinion is when these fbf feminine male (or nb, something like that) cosplayers are toxic but everyone still likes them because of their faces (Kinda like Venus and Dakota type of shit going on)

* I'm Transgender righ, but I still don't think its Transphobic to assume someone is doing it for attention since I've ran into a couple IRL's at my school that had told me to my face that they're faking it so they can be famous

* I hate homestucks, I almost got assaulted by one at Godaikocon

* I love gore. a lot.

*I find even the most disturbing horror movies fucking hilarious

* Unlike most weebs, I actually take  my time to learn the history and language. Apparently this is unpopular in my personal friend group because everyone would rather "go easy" and "experience" Japan without knowing anything other than Vocaloid.

* I hate the fact that people fake being sick/sad at cons so they can hope I buy them something. I've run into this soo many times and its an unpopular opinion because people think its "cute" to act all whiney so their friends will get them something. (Apparently its called Aegyo or something??? Or at least they're trying to do Aegyo? idek if I spelled it right)

* Why is it so hard to style wigs? I get it, first time cosplaying Miku when I was like 10 and I fucking ruined the wig. But if you're a professional, isn't your job to look professional?

* A lot of characters have different colours and shapes and so on of their faces. It's honestly not hard to change at least the fucking eyeliner for each character. You can easily use makeup+ to add eyeliner if needed.

* I unironically like LeafyIsHere but I'm not gonna be butthurt because of Content Cop and other shit.

* I don't like American food, I assume its because  I pretty much grew up eating lunch and dinner everyday with my Taiwanese neighbors.

(My most favourite is Duck, Eel,and Frog legs)

* Although I don't like Onisions content, I still think hes pretty ?  I think anyone with black/brown hair and light coloured eyes are.

* Ventriloquists puppets are my phobia, Idk if its a diagnosis (if phobias are even those) but my doctor says I have Pupaphobia so rip me when Jeff Dunham comes on. (Apparently its an extremely unpopular phobia so I thought I'd add it)

* I LOVE pitbulls. My family needs to shut up about how Huskies are safe- I was almost killed by our family husky when I was about 2. Still have scars all over my head and face, thats one of the reasons my photos are so fucking blurry.

* I actually hate the fact I'm part Asian ngl. Like ye, its cool to have people 'admire' me at times because I look it and all but I like showing my Hispanic/European side too because it's the cultures I was taught about more. Fucking dumb when people tell me I'm either too light for an Hispanic character or too dark for an Asian/European character.

* My cats a brat and evil (although I love her to death)

* More of A Pet peeve, but when you deactivate and everyone thinks you block them is so fucking annoying because then you get all the people that dislike you talking shit. 

Posted

i just found Mongol pop i really love it

Posted

• From personal experience: telling someone with an eating disorder (on the underweight side) that they've picked up weight, is counter productive. So running up to someone like Eugenia and saying she's filled out, isn't helping. It's meant well, but it's not helpful. I remember being really upset when someone mentioned my weight while I was recovering, and actually left me feeling less motivated.

Posted

Ghostbusters (2016) was a pretty good popcorn flick.

I haven't seen it yet.

Posted

I wish some cosplayers wore self dyed lace front wigs instead of those ugly cosplay wigs from aliexpress that look fucking awful. 

Posted

Sorry if I'm repeating any of the opinions already stated but

-Mushrooms suck 

-Overdrawn lips are so embarrassing like if you don't have the lips then don't draw them on. 

-People who have red tones in their skin should not be dying their hair blue or red or green or any other vibrant color because when they get red, it contrasts and looks bad. 

-I'm all for loving your body, but if you don't look good in a certain piece of clothing but insist on wearing it, I'm going to judge you pretty hard. 

-Super tall sneaker heels look ok in pictures but really shouldn't be worn in real life because nobody can really walk in them. 

-Lowkey feel like a bitch for saying this, but people who aren't in shape wearing revealing things bothers me. 

-Sometimes the LGBTQ+ community goes a little overboard in villianizing (is this a word) heterosexuals/cis people and for a while I felt bad that I am cis. 

-Being a YouTuber should not be a career, only a hobby. I feel like people who make a living off of it are just lazy and don't like education. 

-I've read all of PrincessMei's thread and I feel like sometimes people complain about the smallest things about her. 

-I hate it when "diversity" means only adding black people in a TV show or movie or whatnot. Where's the rest of the representation? (Not that they should add a person from every race, but sometimes different races would be nice too.) 

-Lace bras are really cute and I think it's okay to post them on Instagram. 

-Why is there not as much representation for small boobs us flat-chested people exist too. 

-I don't understand why makeup is so big when there are only so many colors in the world that you can put on your eyelids. 

-Why do most beauty gurus have double eyelids? Inner double eyelids are rare and underrepresented, and I struggle with eyeliner/eyeshadow because of it LMAO

-Shipping Kpop group members together (or anybody who exists irl) romantically bothers me so much because they're real people and who are we to assume their sexual preferences like that? 

-Fanfiction also bothers me because things that did not happen are being written about (though it's just a personal preference; I'm fine with people who like it.) 

-When I say that I want to lose more weight, I hate it when people say "But you're skinny already!" because personally, if I don't think I'm good enough, then let me do what I want. 

-BTS is not as shitty as people make them out to be; it's actually the popular opinion now to hate on them. (And tbh most complaints are about the fandom, not the group. Please notice the difference.) 

-I don't understand the appeal of big boobs. They're just sacks of fat; why are some people super proud of them? 

-Don't wear clothes you don't look good in. Also if you're unsatisfied with your body, then work to change it instead of complaining or crying about it. 

-I really hate the brows now. They look nice sometimes but most of the time, it makes the person look like a pretentious asshole. 

-YouTubers who are unattractive but have a large amount of subs confuse me. Dan&Phil especially; so many people like them but I really don't see the appeal. 

-Pale skin DOES make someone more attractive.

I'll add more if I think of any more! 

Posted (edited)

- plastic surgery shouldnt be a big deal if you own up to it when ppl ask
- youtubers sellout because they're afraid of getting a real job like everyone else cuz all of them are snowflakes who want their asses to be kissed.
- i hate that non-asian POC never get called out for being a weeb because "they're poc too". if white people cant do it, other poc cant do it either. ex. everyone loves miles jai even though he fetishizes x100
- i hate "instagram makeup"
- skinny shaming doesnt exist. sorry it doesnt. wow someone said to eat a burger youre so oppressed. you sound ridic.
- JLaw is overrated and im glad people are finally shitting on her. like a post ive seen somewhere "its 2017, pizza doesnt make you relatable anymore"
- im tired of people acting like moana is the first POC princess in disney when we've had Mulan, Jasmine, Tiana.
- in a similar sense im tired of people praising Anna and Elsa as the OG sisterly love when Nani and Lilo did it first. Spot the difference. one is white and the other isnt.
- sometimes i take advantage of weebs irl because they'll literally do whatever i tell them to do.
- the blacklivesmatter movement used to mean something but now its all about trying to elevate black people and pushing other poc down. where were you when Aleppo happened? guess you only care about yourselves. 
- in the same sense i think aside from white people in the U.S. black people have the most privilege. people get all up in arms if you say anything bad about black people but you still see openly racist stuff about other poc and no one bats an eye.

Edited by taey
wording

Posted

• People who don't cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze in public are gross. Stop spreading your germs.
  • Sex is natural. There's nothing wrong about a woman having a lot of sex with multiple partners. The same goes for men. If you're responsible about it, where's the issue? If you're single, why should you live in celibacy just because some random grandma thinks you're a hussy?
  • Pale skin doesn't make someone more attractive.
  • There's nothing wrong about finding bigger breasts appealing. Why be miserable over the fact that insurance doesn't always take over the costs to have them reduced in size? If you like what you were given, then where's the issue?
  • I'm a very passive aggressive person. If something sounds judgemental and ignorant, I will be petty about it. Like right now.
  • I'd rather be a useless pile of existence playing games than party on a Friday night. I out-partied myself between 14 and 18. Now in my early 20s I don't give a fuck about going through the effort to do any of that.
  • On the subject sex again: peer pressure on teen boys/girls to lose their virginity is awful. Let them do their thing on their own time. As someone who lost it at 13 for that very reason, I don't wish the same upon following generations. It's fine to not have sex until you're ready, no matter how old you are. Being 30+ and a virgin is absolutely okay.
  • Premade grocery store smoothies are far from being healthy. Just because the bottle says there's no sugar in it, does not mean there really is no sugar and additives in it. Anything below a certain percentage doesn't have to be printed on the bottle. Fruit has natural sugars, but that sugar is often mixed with refined sugars to make the drink sweeter.

Posted

• People who don't cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze in public are gross. Stop spreading your germs.
  • Sex is natural. There's nothing wrong about a woman having a lot of sex with multiple partners. The same goes for men. If you're responsible about it, where's the issue? If you're single, why should you live in celibacy just because some random grandma thinks you're a hussy?
  • There's nothing wrong about finding bigger breasts appealing. Why be miserable over the fact that insurance doesn't always take over the costs to have them reduced in size? If you like what you were given, then where's the issue?
  • On the subject sex again: peer pressure on teen boys/girls to lose their virginity is awful. Let them do their thing on their own time. As someone who lost it at 13 for that very reason, I don't wish the same upon following generations. It's fine to not have sex until you're ready, no matter how old you are. Being 30+ and a virgin is absolutely okay.

I agree with you on most of these, but the reason people can be miserable over the fact insurances doesn't always cover the costs of a breast reduction is that large breasts can cause pretty severe back pain, make doing some basic things rather difficult, and pretty much be a pain in the arse? So it's a legitimate health thing, and not for aesthetic...  

Posted

Oh, that wasn't what I was implying. I meant that there's nothing wrong with liking your bigger boobs generally regardless of the problems it brings. Like, it's not bad to like your "sacks of fat", and no one should have the power to make you feel awful about it.

Sorry for the messed up quote. I really dislike the forum's coding in regards to that.