• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9168 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Exactly! Plus showing the scenery outside is a pretty normal thing in appartment/house tours but you don't have people actively trying to find the place and then blaming the vlogger for 'doxxing' themselves when they didn't.

The majority of her thread is just people blogposting about what they'd do in Japan if they were in her place, how it's such a great country and she's taking it for granted or something. There was no need for people to go on a rampage about her eating pancakes instead of traditional japanese food. She's gonna stay there for a while so she's got plenty of time to try it out anyway. 

At this point Kenna is trolling and putting American food on her instagram on purpose. I hate that there's so much interaction between her and this site now, people have been contacting her unnecessarily for a while now and she keeps reading here and making references, it's such a mess.

Edited by Lalalana

Posted

i usually agree with what people criticize about kenna, but some things are really.. weird? unnecessary? many people say they have a life outside of pull but i feel like especially in kenna's thread, many people are so desperate for drama that they go on and on about everything. there's people who post 10 times a page while i often don't have anything to say about the shit she pulled this time, so i just roll my eyes and check out other flakes' threads (momokun, berry, knitemaya, noodles are some other "faves" of mine). just the other day they found it weird and shallow that she bought a big mirror because "why would she need a big mirror, she's only gonna be there for a year!!!" but.. me and my roomie got mirrors like the 2nd week we moved in. it's just way better to have your own mirror and to be able to LOOK at yourself and your outfit. my roomie is only going to stay for a year, just like how kenna is going to stay in japan for a year only, but i don't see how buying a mirror is that much of a crime?? she can just sell it again afterwards since mirrors usually go pretty fast.

and yeah, fully agreeing on the constant "i lived in japan for 2 1/2 days, i'm NOT a weeb and i ate 10 tons of japanese food" flexing in that thread.

People that just hate on everything someone does and go out of their way to make someone uncomfortable for not sharing their hate are just as annoying as "white knights". Like critism =/= hate goes both ways, just hating for the sake of hating doesn't make you a good critic, it just makes you biased.

On that note, I sometimes wonder if the things I write there are really that insightful or funny, so you're welcome to point out if I contribute to the overly nitpicky.

Maybe DM me or so if you feel like it because I know it's hard to say certain things without getting downvoted xD

Anyway:

Another unpopular opinion: Japan is overrated. "Its the most amazing country and rich culture and history".. yeah guess what, a lot of countries have rich histories and interesting cultural aspects. Likewise Japan also has some really disturbing history, just saying xD

Posted (edited)

probably the only one but i feel like ariana’s become nicki 2.0 pop edition 

e93e58ad5893b281723de956576c9624f7daa988

99b3a3a045e45dc169019446884d4ea1bcc9ddec

giphy.gif

tell me that don’t give you a nicki minaj vibe

omg not gonna lie but this totally looks like something niki would do and I find that kinda cringey 

also about the kenna thread I hate using the jealousy excuse but maybe some people are a tad jealous that kenna gets to move to Japan and they don’t 

5D53D0D8-8578-4C6F-8BDE-FA75A1857398.png

Edited by Cherryflavoured
Can’t get rid of that image

Posted

Some comments on this site reek of superiority complex tbh. Any time someone they dont like shows any type of interest in a culture, language or topic it HAS to be fake. Specially when it comes to something korea/china/japan related. They dont even care if the person has shown genuine interest for a long time.

Its always "well, i think i know more about this thing than them so until they prove to ME that their interest is real i wont believe them"

Its quite pathetic.

PSA: you do NOT own these cultures no matter how many years you've spent learning/visiting or whatever, and you do NOT get to decide who gets to enjoy or learn about them. Stop it.

fucking thanks! I met westerners who tried hard to show me how much more they know about China than me, and when I told them that being Chinese actually makes my point more valid since China is MY CULTURE, they became angry and shout things like: I researched! My points are AS VALID as yours!

And they cringe when others like the same things as them and invalidates their points.

Goddamn, that’s worse than Cultural Appropiation. Because you know my culture by Wikipedia, that doesn’t make you an expert, I hate those people. Sorry for this rant, I am just grateful you pointed this.

1. If you’re white and you think you know more about Korea, Japan or China than the actual people, then, you are APPROPRIATING THE CULTURE. You can wear Kimono, or know how to cook Chinese food right, but STOP, fucking STOP, acting snob and intelectual, my culture is not yours, the same way I won’t claim I know more German culture than an actually German (I love German culture but I am not a dick to invalidate German’s people opinions) same to you random white person.

2. I used to not hate Trump but after all the shit he had done, I dislike him, but all the “Trump is racist omfg” comments are becoming annoying.

3. Alt-right idiots are more annoying than SJW, sorry Mr Straight White Man, or Mrs straight white woman, it is not our problem that you find annoying seeing us POC having appreciation posts. YOU ARE NOT OPPRESSED, racism against white exists, but oppression against them? Nope, except in South Africa.

4. Why is PULL so laggy 

Posted

probably the only one but i feel like ariana’s become nicki 2.0 pop edition 

e93e58ad5893b281723de956576c9624f7daa988

99b3a3a045e45dc169019446884d4ea1bcc9ddec

giphy.gif

tell me that don’t give you a nicki minaj vibe

Not only that but the pastel tumblr aesthetic pink vibe is so overdone at this point. this would have been cool- if this was 2015.

Posted

- i hate how some brands have a separate section for plus size women. it's great that they're inclusive bc other brands don't even do that, but why don't they just.. you know... make 'normal' clothes but in more sizes?? 

- the thread about kenna is just nitpicking and over analyzing her at this point. i really doubt people who have like an actual life w shit to do are gonna sit around and watch kenna's every move so closely lol

- people are allowed to be self-conscious and not like their features even if they're generally considered "attractive". i've seen people telling others "they have no right to complain bc they look good" lol which is stupid to me

- not sure how unpopular this is, but beyonce is so overhyped lol 

Posted

I think a lot of people are realizing that cozykitsune's/Kenna's thread is getting too nitpicky at this point, so I won't go into that but...

- I don't get why people are so disgusting towards animals like dogs and cats, saying they have no soul and they're stupid animals. um. HELLO?Humans are also animals and as animals, why do we get to say who has a soul and who doesn't? Especially since on this site and in the physical world, it's been shown that there are humans with absolutely no souls to them, just pure evil. We're way too entitled for a species for a sub-species created only 300,000 years ago that's destroying a planet 4.5 BILLION YEARS OLD.

- Even if people are "better off", they can still be depressed. I don't know why people don't think this is true, but depression doesn't skip a person just because they're rich and white or a celebrity.

So, this is a controversial opinion, so be warned~

I don't get why people think Black people can't be racist due to oppression and privilege or what other bullshit example is being used, but it sounds like an extremist got a hold of some crap from extreme fake woke tumblr. Racism is just simply thinking one race is better or worse than the other. If a black person hates themslef for the sole reason that they are black, then it is self-hatred and racist. If a black person hates a white person for the SOLE REASON that they are white, then that is racism. Obviously black people are still discriminted against but that is not an excuse to be disgusting to the other races under the guise of "I'm black so I can't be racist!". It sounds like a community wanted an excuse for their racism and tumblr gave them one, so they ran with it. I really hope the community becomes more united and positive, because the extremists in the community are turning everything into a shit show and ruining the original amazing message.

On that note, DO NOT take my words as a gateway to be racist against black people, because then you are disgusting. I'm only stating that anyone can be racist, regardless of the privileges they have or what race they are. People are confusing racism and oppression too much. But racist people love to twist words to excuse THEIR OWN racism. Just mind your own business and leave other people's races alone, who cares whether that black woman and her man walked beside you?? Who cares if an asian woman was dating a black man?? Who gives a FUCK if an immigrant isn't speaking English to their family outside?? Get a life and FUCK OFF FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES

Posted

Like i know the songs are garbage but:

-Nicki minaj's stupid hoe is a trashy bop

- Nicklebacks how u remind me slaps

- Lil pump/kanye i love it has a great beat 

- Hit or miss is catchy as hell and i would be lying if i said i only replayed it three times

Posted

Burger King fries over McDonalds

Posted

i'm not much of a white castle fan.

Posted

I'm so over some African Americans making racist jokes, comments or flat out saying racial slurs directed at other poc, then when you confront them they usually say: "black people can't be racist", "well that race says racist things too" or they claim they didn't know said slur was considered a slur after saying it in sentence meant to offend you. 

If white people and other poc are going to be held accountable for this kind of stuff, so do black people. You can't fight ignorance with more ignorance and its very hypocritical bc if the roles were reversed, it'd be chaos.

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!! THIS

Posted

I don't like the taste of yakult, I find calpico to be better.

Posted

I know people say kenna's thread is very nitpicky (i agree) but the berry tsukasa thread is slowly becoming that way too.

Aside from still editting her pics (she's toned down on it a bit) shes generally unproblematic now and minds her business, but it seems some of the users just drag the little things she does. I don't even bother saying anything bc i already know what the response will be.

But sharing meme's, making sexual jokes (cringy but hardly worth talking about) and now talking about her room decor? Its so...petty to me.:alpacabored:

Posted

Social media has given rise to and an outlet for some exceptionally self absorbed people.