• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7859 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

-People who humble brag and bait for compliments and flattery are just as annoying as people who don't try to hide their conceited arrogance and rub what they have in others faces.

-People really need to stop giving openly problematic influencers a pass bc they're physically attractive and good at their specific profession. Looks and talents don't excuse being racist,colourist, homophobic or transphobic. 

-You can be a fan of some one and still call them out on shit behavior. 

-Validation from strangers on social media isn't going to boost your confidence in the long run.

-I feel bad for saying this but as someone who has struggled with depression for years...the worst people to surround yourself with are others who have it as well. It seems good bc they understand how you feel but its actually not good at all.

Edited by Van ghostly

Posted

"I'm so ugly" Takes like over 9000 selfies. Fucking annoying, quit baiting for attention, fully agreed with Van ghostly.

Posted

"I'm so ugly" Takes like over 9000 selfies. Fucking annoying, quit baiting for attention, fully agreed with Van ghostly.

And then when you try to compliment them they're like "no I'm so ugly." Okay fine then you look like week old roadkill. 

Posted (edited)

And then when you try to compliment them they're like "no I'm so ugly." Okay fine then you look like week old roadkill. 

Whenever someone does this, i just go ahead and say "hm yeah you're pretty ugly" and watch them get mad about it. Like sorry, I'd respect you more if you flat out said you needed some compliments to brighten your spirits instead of saying im so ugly and fat and baiting for validation 

Edited by Van ghostly

Posted

I think if media got rid of racial/sexist stereotypes and exposed kids from a young age to positivity and actual good education about "different" people I think the following generations would change to be more accepting. Representation should just be part of this, representation alone is no solution. 

I wish this whole baby breeding culture would die. The world is overpopulated anyway. Childfree people get shamed to the point of being disowned. Like wtf is this world? People should also stop thinking they/others suddenly become mature adults when they get pregnant, no you're still the same irresponsible impulsive idiot of yesterday. Adding a baby to your mess is just cruel to the child.

Parents should also chill out with their relationships and love life interfering with their children's life. Honestly at the point it's interfering it's too far. Get yourself together.

Posted

People really need to stop giving openly problematic influencers a pass bc they're physically attractive and good at their specific profession. Looks and talents don't excuse being racist,colourist, homophobic or transphobic. 

exactly. and "separate art from the artist" is a bullshit excuse because you make it seem that it doesn't matter how shitty and problematic you are as a person, as long as you make good content you get a pass lol

Posted (edited)

People who like to act KAWAII and so nerdy and depressed ;3 ;(  <3 usually are absolute self absorbed delusional pricks.

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

I enjoy his games, storytelling and philosophy, but Yoko Taro is fucking wack sometimes and most people in the fandom don't want to admit it because he's so 'different and unique'.

Posted

Being controling, manipulative and behaving like a spoiled brat when you don't get your way is not funny cute or endearing in the slightest. I still don't understand how it became a trend and why so many women and girls hopped on it to begin with but please leave it in 2018 bc there is nothing attractive about being toxic and childish.

Posted

i don't how unpopular this is but: Enough with the essays that some people put as their captions on their insta photos. just give me the photo with a quick to the point caption. I don't need to see a picture you took of a flower or the last meal you ate with a 6 paragraph long philosophical deep bullshit essay about relationships/life. just stop.

Posted

-I feel a lot of people only pretend to be pro body positive bc as soon as someone who is a bit bigger is exposed for being shitty and problematic (momokun for example), their true opinions about bigger men and women come out and they use the hate train as an excuse for it. If you don't support it don't pretend to for cool points on the internet lmao 

-I would really love to see more body positivity for bigger women with chubby/pudgy stomachs, not so curvy frames, small boobs/booties etc. I'm a little tired of seeing thick girls with mostly flat stomachs and big boobs etc be the only ones acknowledged and supported.

-stop telling bigger girls what they should and shouldnt wear to flatter their bodies. If they think its cute and they feel comfortable and confident then leave them alone. Same goes for thinner girls and girls who are tall or short. 

Posted (edited)

1. I hate how the media portrays black women as sassy, strong, and independent and I'd rather have them not put us in the series, movie, etc. than have them hold that negative view over our heads.

Like there's nothing wrong with being independent or strong but it's making us seem like we don't need protection and can handle every single thing on our own and that we're not sensitive and don't have emotions when that's certainly not the case. I mean, we're human too. We too have to be looked after and cared for.

2. I also feel that transphobia, homophobia, and colorism in the black community needs to be addressed and stop being overlooked.

OT

Like for example, my grandma; I understand she grew up in a different time but it makes me uncomfortable seeing the disgusted look on her face whenever she sees a same sex couple or when hearing someone's trans, but it's sad because I can't do anything about it except ignore it. Also, whenever I got darker she'd use to point it out and look at me like I'm no longer her grandchild, it always made me feel horrible and insecure.

3. You can be an non-black(non black or not tbh) rapper without having to say the n-word, it's not that hard y'know lmao

Edited by Kookie
Spelling error

Posted

the show You on netflix is god awful. once again, the hype around it proves that people will love anything slightly edgy.

Posted

Latrice is annoying as hell on All Stars and it's bullshit she came back to the competition

Posted

I know that Kenna's thread being nitpicky as been said countless of times but now they're getting really creepy. Some of them are thinking about sending her a package now that they've found the address of where she's staying in Japan. If that isn't some stalker behavior..