• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6389 posts in this topic

Posted

The only thing Kenna’s thread is good for is using her an example of how bad my generation can get both from her stance and her followers. Other than that it’s over nitpicky (and I’m guilty of that at times 😔)

Posted

Unpopular opinion? I dont care what people do in Kennas thread. Obviously, i post there, but even if I didnt, who cares. This is a gossip site. Its all petty. 

Posted

most of the opinions in unpopular opinions are popular opinions

Posted

some gaming opinions that absolutely no-one asked for:

-i liked the latest mass effect, the gamer boys were reaching when they claimed it was too political or what-the-fuck-ever bc all I got from the game was find some damn planets and I can fuck an alien in my spare time. (but ofc I agree it was rushed and could have been wayyyyyy better) 

-it would be too bold to say that bioshock is the only good fps but imma just say that it's better than most

-turn based combat is rly lame to me, closest I can take is pokemon. no shade to ppl that like it tho bc from what I know it seems to be big with j-rpg

-i can't with sports games (@fifa)

(yes i'm basic as fuck when it comes to games)

Posted

-turn based combat is rly lame to me, closest I can take is pokemon. no shade to ppl that like it tho bc from what I know it seems to be big with j-rpg

I honestly relate to this so much! When I say that I couldn't get into FFX because it was turn-based, people are always ready to fight me. I started my gaming journey with hack and slash and musou games, so the slower pace of turn based stuff bored me. When Persona 5 released, I was actually interested, but I saved myself the cash and just watched streamers play it instead because I knew that if i had played it for myself, I would have never completed it.

Another unpopular opinion: FFXIII is really not as bad as people make it out to be. :alpacaheadshake: But if I were to rank the whole trilogy, it would definitely be FFXIII-2 > Lightning Returns > FFXIII.

Posted

I honestly hate it when people say ´´I beat cancer´´ as if it is some kind of contest you can actually win or lose to by your own choice.

Some people seem to be under the impression that if you just stay positive and ´´fight´´ hard enough you can ´´beat cancer´´.

which is just so false and an insult to all the people who wanted to live so bad but lost to their bodies who spread the cancer against their will all throughout their body till their last breath.

It all depends on the type of cancer you have and the stage it as when first diagnosed. And people who died of cancer did not simply die because they weren´t ´´positive´´ enough or didnt fight hard/lacked will power. They were just very unlucky people with very aggresive forms of cancer.

Posted

I honestly relate to this so much! When I say that I couldn't get into FFX because it was turn-based, people are always ready to fight me. I started my gaming journey with hack and slash and musou games, so the slower pace of turn based stuff bored me. When Persona 5 released, I was actually interested, but I saved myself the cash and just watched streamers play it instead because I knew that if i had played it for myself, I would have never completed it.

Another unpopular opinion: FFXIII is really not as bad as people make it out to be. :alpacaheadshake: But if I were to rank the whole trilogy, it would definitely be FFXIII-2 > Lightning Returns > FFXIII.

Agree with this! The game isn't perfect but is not bad, the characters do get good characters development and the mythology is easy to understand. I feel like most people say they hate it because that's the popular thing to do.

Posted

How do people actually have playthroughs of persona 5? I thought Atlus was extremely against people uploading playthroughs of their game. 

Posted

Hidden Content

I wonder what would happen if you posted this exact post in the kenna thread like a mirror. Like it's undeniable how garbage it has become honestly. 

Posted (edited)

I literally just finished binge watching Heathers so let the massive, incoherent opinions-dump commence:

- As infamous as the show has quickly become, it’s not nearly as bad as people have made it out to be believe it or not !! Yeah it’s a whole lot different from the source material, but it’s supposed to be. It’s an adaptation, not a remake. It’s a whole separate concept completely.

- the show can be really confusing at first, especially if you go into it expecting something similar to the original film, but after a couple episodes you become more accustomed to it. It’s really an entirely separate entity: the tone is more darkly comedic whereas the film was more grim, the social commentary tends to be more heavy-handed and on the nose while the film was a bit more cleverly subtle....but the differences don’t necessarily have to be a bad thing! It makes sense to me that the show is super different. It’s come 3 decades after the source material, of course it’s going to be adapted to better fit into today’s world. And it’s certainly entertaining; it made me laugh aloud QUITE a few times. Maybe i have a bad sense of humor but eh, at least i enjoyed it.

- the pilot is, however, without a doubt one of the worst episodes. They tried to fit way too much into one episode, and it felt as if there were no transitions or buildup between events. It just jumped around from one scene to the next which made it super jarring and hard to follow...like i didn’t know what was going on at least a third of the time.

- yeah a lot of the dialogue can be....er, strange, and quite a few things that happen make little sense (like the teacher that dies in the car could’ve easily just unlocked the doors and let himself out...Don’t they know how car doors work??) but the show is otherwise relatively competent.

- There are some moments that are really nicely shot, even if they can be a little in-your-face with the color schemes (though I personally like all the colors and lights and think they look pretty). Plus there are lots of interesting visual motifs/symbols (may not be the correct term but I can’t be bothered to check), like the moment where the cherry slushy overflows and spills over the counter to emulate blood flowing

- another thing about visuals, i noticed that although they played up the color scheme a whole lot, the colors didn’t feel as symbolically meaningful as they were in the film :\

- another weird thing is the sense of time in the show. In the second to last episode i thought all of the events were supposed to be taking place the day of the prom, but it felt more like it was spanning mutliple days. Maybe I wasn’t paying enough attention?? But there are quite a few instances where the passage of time feels confusing.

- the characters are admittedly less multi-layered and their motives are difficult to decipher. Also heather C has this weird arc where she tries to be a good person but it ends up not really mattering so it really serves no purpose...like why did they even include it...

Edited by Sleepyghostgirl
the text looked huge for some reason??? Idk but i hope i fixed it :’)

Posted

Haruki Murakami is completely overrated and I really don't see the appeal of his writing.

Posted

Agreed. It's cool to hate on XIII but imo the series had a steady improvement from game to game. The story was full of plot holes but which FF game isn't? I rate the series the same way as you.

Also unpopular: FF VII is popular on nostalgia alone, even though it was a breakthrough at the time, it has aged so badly. Not only graphics, but the gameplay and pacing. I look forward to the remake, even though, no matter what it will NEVER meet people's expectations. Might as well hate it now.