• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6391 posts in this topic

Posted

Not being able to get a decent job bc you have a lot of tattoos and body modifications isn't discrimination. You did it to yourself, you can express yourself however you want but work places retain the right to not hire you if you look like a humanoid lizard.

I don’t agree tattoos and body modifications are part of many indigenous cultures and indigenous people shouldn’t be denied jobs for practicing their culture. I do agree that it’s ok to not hire people with nazi and white supremacist tattoos though.

Posted

I know it's probably really petty but I hate kids that just stare at you and won't stop. It makes me feel so uncomfortable and the parents notices it and doesn't tell the kid to stop because it's bad manners. I had it engrained to me as a kid not to stare at people because it is rude.

YouTube doesn't have talented content creators anymore. Most channels now are either commentary, drama channels, or beauty channels and they revolve around each other to create drama for content from each other. It's so boring and monotonous now. I used to love it when YouTubers actually put effort into their videos and they were well made. Nowadays it's just all lazy.

Posted

I know it's probably really petty but I hate kids that just stare at you and won't stop. It makes me feel so uncomfortable and the parents notices it and doesn't tell the kid to stop because it's bad manners. I had it engrained to me as a kid not to stare at people because it is rude.

YouTube doesn't have talented content creators anymore. Most channels now are either commentary, drama channels, or beauty channels and they revolve around each other to create drama for content from each other. It's so boring and monotonous now. I used to love it when YouTubers actually put effort into their videos and they were well made. Nowadays it's just all lazy.

There are plenty of genuine youtubers, you just have to find them. There are loads of great animation youtubers, or just general art,as well as amazing short films! i recommend bertie gilbert, if you're into that kind of thing. 

Posted

I don't get how people can become famous out of the fashion industry the models deserve 0 credit for their job that doesn't contribute anything to the society, instead of raising up teachers or humanitarians we praise models for their LOOKS, something that they did not achieve, they just happen to be born with the trendy genetic combination of the time we are living.

totally not supportive of that industry which it's been cruel to animals and set toxic beauty standards to the women not the same for men that the vast majority of male models are athletic and muscle guys not anorexic looking although is still an standard and can cause social pressure on men to look certain way too (even though its a healthier beauty standard).

Posted

I don’t agree tattoos and body modifications are part of many indigenous cultures and indigenous people shouldn’t be denied jobs for practicing their culture. I do agree that it’s ok to not hire people with nazi and white supremacist tattoos though.

I agree with that too but I'm mainly referring to those extreme tattoo's of miscellaneous things and zero cultural ties. Those people who get their eyeball inked (i saw a vid about it...freaked me out) or their skin carved to look like horns etc. What you do with your body is your business in terms of modification, but most places require you to have them covered to a degree. If not possible they may not hire you. Plus its definitely not the same as poc being denied work bc of their race or LGBT people being denied work bc of their sexuality (unless your work is cultural work ofc)

Posted (edited)

commentary/drama/reaction channels are just leeching off all the other content creators. majority of them add nothing new, the just do a recap of what's already happened or "react". it's surprising that you can make a career out of it lol 

there are still some good small youtubers though, you just have to look. i think people like jenna marbles and cody ko make funny content (not that they're small channels but still lol)

Edited by moonlight42

Posted

Most dramachannels are the most hypocritical, toxic people ever honestly and I hate how they act like they are better then the people they make videos about. On pull we do the same thing basically but I'm not going to pretend to be better then anyone or know everything. I don't I just speculate. I've said some nasty shit here. 

I just hate hypocrites basically. 

Posted

Grown Cat/Dog > Kitten/Puppy.

Posted

It’s kinda weird when plus size (usually just chubby) influencers (not just curvy girls, but creators specifically concentrated on said topic) are notoriously referring to themselves as a “curvy”, “hourglass shaped”, “having nice cleavage and booty” people. I honestly haven’t seen girls with more VS model/Kylie Jenner bodies (trained, slim, but with more body in... strategic places) trying clothes and constantly bragging that “my CURVES look so nice in this dress” or “it flatters my HOURGLASS FIGURE” when probably these conventionally attractive girls would be the first to be picked as the good example of nice... everything. 

It screams “insecurities” so loudly, seriously. And sounds as hilarious as it could in anybody else’s mouths.

Posted (edited)

The endgame pairs made no sense, they both felt one-sided 90% of the time. Heck, Sakura would have been better off with Rock Lee than Sasuke. Naruto in Boruto makes me so angry because he was my fav and it's like he's been stripped off all of his great qualities.

Sakura and Sasuke is the worst pairing in manga. Sakura's character amounted to no more than falling in love with a crazy unstable guy who barely had any connection with her besides being on the same team. Then he tried to kill her multiple times, and her teammates and Konoha, becoming a bloodthirsty power crazed lunatic, then had a baby with her then ducking out of parental responsibility but for someone reason this is an ideal relationship in Kishimoto's mind. Talk about bad writing. Somehow less organic than even Felicity/Oliver in CWverse.

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

I hate the US's fixation on putting military people on a pedestal. I don't believe in giving respect to people just because they are veterans. My grandfather was highly ranked in the military officer and supposedly worked along the CIA during the Vietnam war, and so my family supports I join the military and stuff.

NOPE. We are refugees and a LARGE reason is because the US military dropped 250 million bombs in my parents' country, and 75 million are still undetonated today. It has been 50 years, and these bombs are STILL killing innocent people (rural areas) whom accidentally step/trigger them. I can't respect the concept of going to another country, killing civilians, fucking up their land, and essentially displacing people from their homes. I wasn't even in a war, and I can see the trauma in my mother and father's eyes. NOPE. 

Random but are you Laotian? Sounds like Laos your talking about lol. I can be wrong though.

Posted

Sakura and Sasuke is the worst pairing in manga. Sakura's character amounted to no more than falling in love with a crazy unstable guy who barely had any connection with her besides being on the same team. Then he tried to kill her multiple times, and her teammates and Konoha, becoming a bloodthirsty power crazed lunatic, then had a baby with her then ducking out of parental responsibility but for someone reason this is an ideal relationship in Kishimoto's mind. Talk about bad writing. Somehow less organic than even Felicity/Oliver in CWverse.

Bringing this gem back!

f73c81086689eaba411852323b7dec7acd34f713_00.jpg

Posted

Let's not forget the fact the he pointed a katana at his own daughter because he couldn't even recognize her due to him being a deadbeat dad. I dunno how people think he's a likeable character. 

Posted

Hidden Content

lmao yeah you're right. I try not to the name the country too much when I talk about it tho b/c I don't want to feel responsible for generalizing my people when I'm the one who's super salty about it. 

Posted

I agree with that too but I'm mainly referring to those extreme tattoo's of miscellaneous things and zero cultural ties. Those people who get their eyeball inked (i saw a vid about it...freaked me out) or their skin carved to look like horns etc. What you do with your body is your business in terms of modification, but most places require you to have them covered to a degree. If not possible they may not hire you. Plus its definitely not the same as poc being denied work bc of their race or LGBT people being denied work bc of their sexuality (unless your work is cultural work ofc)

I agree that it’s ok to refuse to work with people who try to look scary/evil through modifications and tattoos if the work requires it, for example it’s better for someone without cat face modification to work with mental health patients etc. But I think the problem is that alot of people are ignorant about for example indigenous tattoos and modifications and will automatically put them in the same case as those who do is for the aesthetic value, you have to submit your picture with the jop application in alot of countries and alot of people don’t even get a call back because of their cultural markings. I understand your point  but I believe the stigma of facial markings and modifications won’t go away if we don’t normalize people who get it for aesthetics as well, it’s really unfair towards indigenous people. People will just see someone with for example face tattoos and not hire them, I think it’s unfair to deny jobs from people because of their looks despise whether it was intentional or not if it’s not required. Also a lot of those people who get face modifications to look scary might be mentally ill, I don’t want to diagnose anyone but it’s likely they try to look scary to protect theirselves or weren’t able to think straight due their illness. Even if they get psychiatric help and beat their mental illness they are still stuck with those tattoos and modifications they got when they weren’t stable and I believe they deserve a right to get a “normal job”. Being denied jobs constantly might drop them into instability again. I have a native american friend who is constantly denied jobs because of her cultural tattoo even if she explains it in the job application, she’s qualified to those jobs and it breaks my heart to see people being so judgmental. I respect your opinion completely and im happy that you brought it up. I wish we as people were more understanding of each other.