• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Unpopular opinions

464 posts in this topic

Posted

Gakkou Gurashi the show isnt that bad but they follow the manga around episode 6  the manga is more expansive on the episodes and is better 

Everything else i agree with you with espically twerking and Madoka 

I've been reading the manga, and for some reason I like how in the anime they gave Tarumaru a bigger role. The anime is a pretty good adaption compared to Tokyo Ghoul atleast ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Posted

• Free college CANNOT happen. Did you know having a high school degree used to be the shit? Lol look at where free education gets us! Oh and btw, the standards will always be raised. You will have to make every single school free and spend 30 years in school to allow ~all class barriers to be destroyed~ No thanks!

You know there are countries where free college already exists right? My country's government grants full funding to all accredited tertiary education students and all we have to do in return is work within public/private sector for a couple of years afterwards. We don't even gotta hand them chunks our paycheck or anything, we just can't work outside of the country( although they do make special exceptions) There isn't much issue with job market over-saturation here either. Also that last part doesn't make sense, I mean while it's true that standards do raise over time,  no one is going to end up spending 30+ years in school to get a job lmao. Career building and job obtaining depends on more factors than education qualifications, networking, interpersonal skills and impressive extra curriculum are important factors as well, so important that sometimes people can get high-level jobs with low qualifications based on good interpersonal skills alone and just work their way up haha

Anyway some more unpopular opinions from this rogue ninja:

• kpop twitter is cancerous bruh there are people out there making tasteless edgy jokes about someone's death i hate it man
  • Although y'all see me in the akidearest thread a lot, I actually don't mind her that much and she seems like an okay albeit cringey person. And some of ya'll give me the impression from your posts there that the only reason you don't like the girl is because she's fuckin around with Joey, who's cute lol
  • Honestly A LOT of y'all give me the impression that the main reason you're hating on certain 'snowflakes' is because you're jealous/bitter about some aspect of them. It shows in the level of pettiness in your posts lol. Cut that out kids, it's not healthy to be extremely jealous over random ass people on the internet, especially the ones discussed here of all places.
  • Speaking of, I saw someone describe this place as being girly Kiwifarms, and while they're not 100% wrong, they aren't right either. There's a difference in how KF and PULL treat their lolcow discussions. KF plays everything for laughs, snowflake behaviour is just a source of comedy for them, PULL on the other hand, has a chunk of users who take things snowflakes a tad bit too personally. For the sake of your mentalities, lighten up a little
  • Oh how I wish people would stop making fun of others for how they dress, wear makeup, style hair etc etc. It's one thing to dislike something, it's another to bash people and have negative opinions of a person just because they like ripped jeans lol, that's kinda shallow
  • What is Taeyang trying to do
  • Why are people obsessed with shipping kpop idols together man like yeah I think Jungkook and Eunha would be a cute couple but ya don't see me making 1000+ photoshop edits of couple photos and AMVs come on kids go outside for a bit
  • that's it for now luv u guys

Posted

• Although y'all see me in the akidearest thread a lot, I actually don't mind her that much and she seems like an okay albeit cringey person. And some of ya'll give me the impression from your posts there that the only reason you don't like the girl is because she's fuckin around with Joey, who's cute lol
  •  

I don't like akidearest because she seems super annoying. Just a cringy weeb trying to be ~quirky and original~:darth:

And I don' give a shit about who Joey is dating

Posted

I don't like akidearest because she seems super annoying. Just a cringy weeb trying to be ~quirky and original~:darth:

And I don' give a shit about who Joey is dating

ay congrats fam, then what I said doesn't apply to you, thanks for letting me know :doge:

Posted

• Honestly A LOT of y'all give me the impression that the main reason you're hating on certain 'snowflakes' is because you're jealous/bitter about some aspect of them. It shows in the level of pettiness in your posts lol. Cut that out kids, it's not healthy to be extremely jealous over random ass people on the internet, especially the ones discussed here of all places.
  • Speaking of, I saw someone describe this place as being girly Kiwifarms, and while they're not 100% wrong, they aren't right either. There's a difference in how KF and PULL treat their lolcow discussions. KF plays everything for laughs, snowflake behaviour is just a source of comedy for them, PULL on the other hand, has a chunk of users who take things snowflakes a tad bit too personally. For the sake of your mentalities, lighten up a little

Wholeheartedly agree with this even though a lot of PULL outside of this thread won't. I find myself coming back to PULL less and less due to how nitpicky people are. A lot of PULL users claim to criticize based on "evidence" but most of the time it's shit "SHE WON'T EXPLAIN HOW SHE FUNDS HER LIFESTYLE!!1 MUST BE A SUGAR DADDY *has no evidence*" 

I avoid a lot of threads now because of how people will jump down your throat for not joining in on the hate circlejerk. 

Posted (edited)

Disclaimer: I'm not a hateful person I swear just never said most of this stuff outloud before and it's been built up :alpacadone:  if you have any counters to what I've said please let me know. I like to hear other opinions! :alpacawink:

Okay I know what I'm saying is messed up. But at least half the time when snowflakes have in their thread "they're prettier without photoshop or before they had surgert" I think

"no, they're not. And if they were they wouldn't be doing it so much, they know what they look like." 

I know its like a personal problem, like it's their self esteem and ~maybe when they were younger they got made fun of and it truamatized them~ which could be true and would be VERY UPSETTING, but if a snowflake/person/whoever is ugly then, they are ugly. 

pre-surgery or pre-shooping their pics, they were ugly. It's annoying when people try to sugarcoat their 'pre' looks, and act like photoshop isnt doing that person any favors for the sake of sounding righteous when they critisize them.

The only "counter" to my argument is that ~beauty is subjective~, which I can't deny. But that doesn't mean I'll pretend something or someone is visually appealing when it's really not. 

For the record, I do think there is more to factor whether or not a person is "beautiful" as a WHOLE, besides what their face looks like.

I also think 'SJW' is as lame of an insult as the word "cuck". People who complain about either all the time are usually more annoying than those with the label.

more effective imo to call someone a "rabid, raging, hypocritical neurotic" and just calling someone a "pussy"; because that's what people are trying to imply when they use those terms, right? Maybe it's my lack of grasp on the English language, but seriously, I can't catch on to the insulting part of the phrases....maybe it's because I never got called those terms I don't understand how bad you have to be to get it? But I really don't  understand what kind of reaction or effect those terms are supposed to give....  it's like the person complaining can't come up with a solid counter argument to what they are doing and why it isn't a problem?shrug.gif 

I don't think mpa is a bad site.

People who let their animals go and shit on other's property don't deserve to have those pets.

And even though I think that an animal and a person can have the same value, and I'm vegetarian, it's annoying and stupid, when people want to act like their pets and children are the same. If it's appropriate for your cat to shit in my garden, don't be mad when my husband comes and shits on your front porch. Or if we let our kids take a wizz on your lawn chairs. Because your pets are your kids, right? This honestly makes me so mad.... clean up after your f-cking pets, or dont complain when someone calls animal control! ughhhhh

I'm ageist. I believe there should be an age limit to when you can continue driving and voting, and operating machinery, and continue having children.

I think it's selfish to have children, and to have too many of them. Especially when you have little means to take care of them. You don't have to be rich, but you have to be able to be a parent ffs. 

I agree that Guantanamo should not be closed down, but should probably be reorganized.

Marvel/DC should all just die out already. It wouldn't be a bad thing if they never made another super hero movie again.

In regards to music/kpop fans: not every single group/boy band/whatever is good. It's annoying when fans lie to themselves that xyz didn't mean it! Their music is good too! And say bs like "love and support my oppa!!!" When their faves suck! Like tf do you mean!!!!!! Your faves are ugly and their music sincerely sucks I'm sorry. Dean included.

Armys or bts fans in yt comments isn't that bad? I think people just needed a reason to attack them because they also hate bts lol. It's a harmless comment ACKNOWLEDGING THEY HAVE THE SAME INTEREST, get over it. 

I think having someone to hate or having an enemy is fun... revenge is also really fun and it DOES bring a sense of joy when revenge plans work out.

it's a waste of tax dollars when death row/certain crimes are kept alive for years and years. 

i know theres a possibility 'they didnt do it!' But if they did? They admit? Theres a reason? I know its possible people are set up. But it's frusterating when you have a solid case only for them to be AQUITTED because of DOUBT. Sometimes its too hard to have that patience, too. 

Britney spears should retire and take madonna with her. But after they both finally end lady gaga... that would be swell.

yeah, I haven't seen the anime but the manga is reeeeallly good!! 

the tokyu ghoul anime was awful lol even from season1. The only saving grace was that the ED (not OP) was amaaazing!!! :alpacacrush:

Edited by pooraesthetic

Posted (edited)

I'm ageist. I believe there should be an age limit to when you can continue driving and voting, and operating machinery, and continue having children.

I think it's selfish to have children, and to have too many of them. Especially when you have little means to take care of them. You don't have to be rich, but you have to be able to be a parent ffs. 

I totally agree with this. I remember a girl from college got smashed into the side of her car by an old man who pulled out of a junction into oncoming traffic, then through insurance was claiming he didn't see her and it was actually her fault, even though the nose print of his fucking car was in her passenger door, like what the actual... There's a reason the expiry date on my licence is the day before I turn 70. Just hand it in already.

Edited by Amika
Do not want to start an argument

Posted

Marvel/DC should all just die out already. It wouldn't be a bad thing if they never made another super hero movie again.

untitle.JPG

Don't watch 'em then.

- When people don't notice how hypocritical they are.

- Twitch streamers constantly whining how bad they are at x game during streams. That's just a way to fish for compliments and donations.

- The stigma around girls playing video games, liking comics, watching super hero movies, and owning people in shooter games. No, we don't cheat, and no we are not ugly lesbians, and no, we don't do it to impress the boiz.

- Steam friends asking what you're doing when they can see you're in a game. Stop that.

- People who drop their trash on the sidewalk when a bin is right there. Drives me insane. If you want to help keep the world tidy, at least make the effort to walk that extra step to trash your shit.

Posted

Armys or bts fans in yt comments isn't that bad? I think people just needed a reason to attack them because they also hate bts lol. It's a harmless comment ACKNOWLEDGING THEY HAVE THE SAME INTEREST, get over it. 

honestly its more the fact that i cant even watch a makeuo video without encountering a "any armys here? xD". nobody is exaggerating they are literally that frequent. and its hella annoying. i love bts but dislike armys. im in a army group on facebook and i cringe so bad every day. so nobody hates bts. annoying armys annoys everyone(even fellow armys) and makes drama. 

so yeah i do believe disliking armys because there are army comments on legit every freaking youtube video(yes even the ones that have nothing to do with kpop) is a legit reason.

just my opinion tho. we have prob had different experiences with armys

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

- When people don't notice how hypocritical they are.

- Twitch streamers constantly whining how bad they are at x game during streams. That's just a way to fish for compliments and donations.

- The stigma around girls playing video games, liking comics, watching super hero movies, and owning people in shooter games. No, we don't cheat, and no we are not ugly lesbians, and no, we don't do it to impress the boiz.

- Steam friends asking what you're doing when they can see you're in a game. Stop that.

- People who drop their trash on the sidewalk when a bin is right there. Drives me insane. If you want to help keep the world tidy, at least make the effort to walk that extra step to trash your shit.

whaaaaaaat? you're saying all the $$$ they are ROBBING you and other souls for merch and content is worth it??? Families being torn apart is worth it?????? The indoctrination of children into the super hero cult, creating a legion of youth who will one day integrate this blasphemy into our nations is worth it????????

20, you are more evil than I thought!! 

just like me....cringe

grinch2.gif

people who litter are more annoying than people who smoke, imo.... but my reasoning for that is flawed so I'm not dwelling!

I think it's pretty wild and a little OTT how much people can get upset over factors of the game's frame rate and those bits, instead of enjoying the game for it's story content....

smoking in public, outside designated areas should be legally punishable. Especially people who do it around children's schools and establishments, what the f--k! I'd say the price of a pack should be raised to 25 euro/pound /dollars but that's too much, and most adult smokers I know have family, and since smoking is such a heavy addiction, what will happen when someone is stuck with a care taker dropping 50+ a day on those things? Honestly speaking, from where I am and have been, the law isnt  always the most reliable for taking good care of these children.

honestly its more the fact that i cant even watch a makeuo video without encountering a "any armys here? xD". nobody is exaggerating they are literally that frequent. and its hella annoying. i love bts but dislike armys. im in a army group on facebook and i cringe so bad every day. so nobody hates bts. annoying armys annoys everyone(even fellow armys) and makes drama. 

so yeah i do believe disliking armys because there are army comments on legit every freaking youtube video(yes even the ones that have nothing to do with kpop) is a legit reason.

oh... i'm sorry; that does sound awful :phftt:  I don't think it might be different experience with them rather than we might have a different outlook on those kinds of comments.. I agree army can be really annoying in gcs and groups where you interact with a bunch of them, or just anywhere, but those kinds of comments on yt never bothered me. Like, for example, when undertale was trendy, or leafy, or how in kpop vids people say "XYZ HERE TO SUPPORT ABC!! XD". But that's just me, and doesn't excuse me trying to invalidate your dislike for army. I apologize. 

Edited by pooraesthetic

Posted

Those people who have kpop icons on YT and there's always like 20+ people who reply to them like "OMG ARMY OPPA"

SHUT UP

Posted

I tell guys/have instructed my brother to tell guys on Xbox live I'm a lesbian to get them to stop hitting on me when I talk to him while he's playing. It's not that far off the truth, but it's not the truth entirely. 

Though ASMR videos. They suck. Really suck. Most of them have whispering, or lip popping and that's just... urgh awful to listen to. Really uncomfortable. Just gross.

And the customer is always right needs to die. Like an abrupt painful death. Also there should be way stricter penalties for underpaying workers, allowing customers to sexually harass staff, just... anything Honey Birdette has been doing (TL;DR for those who didn't click the links: Australian fancy underwear and sex toy chain has come under fire for... basically doing everything you should never do when running a business. Also sexual harassment in the workplace is a major issue here. Same with young people being underpaid.)

Posted

If I could give you more rep I would. :alpacawink: I made a similar comment on another thread (I think the rant thread). Even videos for MAMA (which I get is mainly kpop) but the army don't need to post on EVERY group's video that they are just waiting for BTS main stage. You don't really get it with other fandoms (that I've noticed anyway). 

And the customer is always right needs to die. Like an abrupt painful death. 

Totally agree with this! I find the same in healthcare. Like yes you have the right to make choices about your body and your care but you rocked up to the hospital because you wanted/needed help? People have trained for 3+ years to give you that help, they tend to know a little bit about what they're talking about. :alpacaheadshake: I probably sound really butthurt here but it is just really annoying and actually quite insulting.

Posted (edited)

I honestly don't mind these trendy 'baddie/ethnic/whatever' girls, as long as they enjoy themselves and don't act like sh*tty, spoiled brats. I think they're all pretty.

I don't like it when people claim that there's only one or two ways to do your eyeliner/blush/eyeshadow, i'm pretty sure there are many ways doing your makeup, as long as it suits you or doesn't look like you smeared peanutbutter and paint on your face.

I  also get sad when people start shaming girls slightly overlining their lips, I find that perfectly fine and I do that too :alpacasad:

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

IMG_3142.PNG

IMG_3143.JPG

IMG_3144.JPG

IMG_3147.JPG

Edited by tea.addict
Sorry if there's any grammar mistakes, english is not my native language.

Posted

• Aaliyah was and still is a better singer than Beyonce. However, I really hate it when people compare the two in terms of "God took Aaliyah to give us Beyonce". No. Gtfo with that statement.
  • I really do not like the forum's post formatting.
  • Guys who drench themselves in Axe. I'm always reminded of highschool. Get yourself some cheap cologne instead, mate.