• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

Unpopular opinions

3643 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate when ppl or ‘influencers’ push the whole “adopt don’t shop” agenda thing onto others. Like what happens if you can’t adopt but want to but you’re not qualified in the eyes of some shelters and organizations even though you are (happened to me before I bought my dog)? Let me just buy my dog if I want to or adopt my dog if I want to, it’s annoying feeling shamed for buying a dog 😒

Posted

-I personally don't like putting too much makeup on. I get it's a trend to put on the triangle concealer method and contour, but it's personally not my thing. Hell, I have hyperpigmentation and eyebags, but I still feel nervous about putting that much product on because I feel like there's no way to pull it off even if I wanted to. 

-Ariana Grande seems shady to me. 

-Coffee doesn't give me energy. 

-I actually can't stand snow. It's pretty to look at, but walking in it is annoying. When it doesn't snow around the holidays, I can live with that (Then again I'm biased since I've always lived in an area where it snows during the winter so maybe I'm just over it). 

-#relatable Influencers are not funny to me. Without editing the "jokes" are flat as all hell. 

-I actually like Money by Cardi B, but I see it getting old VERY fast. 

Posted (edited)

I hate social media.

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

Korean food is overrated.

Posted

Seems? to me she is.

Posted

- Honestly I think there should be some golden rule enforced before anyone start using the internet. I'm so tired of people complaining about how mean and rude people are online, like yeah we get it people are ruthless and assholes online, but you have to grow tough skin or you will get your feelings hurt. For all of the benefits the internet holds, you also need to accept the consequences it has as well, which includes trolls and nasty comments. Hell, I've seen people who have changed for the better because of "mean" comments.

- Another note I want to add, dear people who mostly have supporters who kiss their ass, learn the difference between criticism, opinions, and hate comments.

- Stop making every single thing so god damn inclusive, instead of bashing mainstream companies for not being diverse, support other companies that are. Forced diversity shouldn't even be considered diversity at this point.

- Can we please don't the whole "men ain't shit" phase in 2018? We get it that there's men out there who aren't shit, but majority of women who say it do most of the shit those shitty men do.

- I hate people that try to justify their shitty actions/personality with mental illness, especially rich people who have a larger access to help financially. Don't get me wrong, I know there are in some cases where it's like that, but you're acting like a whole ass fool out of your own free will, not by an actual illness, you need serious help. You're giving people who actually suffer from it a bad name and to mental health in general.

- I don't understand people who say they hate/dislike their own race, every single race has their good, bad, and ugly people. Looking at someone who literally looks like you and say "I don't like them" and not feel some sort of self hate.

- Although I don't like the idea of having a preference in race because I think every race has pretty and ugly people, but to all the assholes I see under comments, stop bashing races/ ethnicities and then justifying it by saying it's a "preference." You can say you don't have a preference in a group of people while being respectful about it.

- I don't really think this is even an opinion but ever since I've been on PULL, my opinion on many things have started to shift. I noticed I've been more neutral about things and tend to be more on the unpopular side.

Posted

“Chestnuts roasting on an open fire” is hecka overplayed

Posted

she’s been shady for the longest time

Posted

I think it's great when people choose to adopt over shop, but I don't think "shopping" the pet (from an ethical place) makes someone a bad person. People who're looking to get a pet are not responsible for pets in shelters.

Posted

I think it's great when people choose to adopt over shop, but I don't think "shopping" the pet (from an ethical place) makes someone a bad person. People who're looking to get a pet are not responsible for pets in shelters.

I think they dont know some people are allergic and need some specific dog/cat for them to be able to have it, most dogs in shelters are not fit for people with allergies or in need of a therapy dog. 

Posted

Humans are inherently selfish creatures. 

People often say the phrase "my faith in humanity has been restored" when they see an act of good or kindness, however, the harsh reality of this world is that there is absolutely no hope for humanity.

There never was in the first place; this concept of "hope" and "faith" for mankind has never existed. 

Holding onto such "hope" and "faith" is extremely naive and shows an immense amount of innocence, and may even be out of pure ignorance or denial. 

Sad truth. I think there are good people out there who are more selfless than selfish but they are rare and not enough to counterbalance the rest of the world.

Posted (edited)

I hate when ppl or ‘influencers’ push the whole “adopt don’t shop” agenda thing onto others. Like what happens if you can’t adopt but want to but you’re not qualified in the eyes of some shelters and organizations even though you are (happened to me before I bought my dog)? Let me just buy my dog if I want to or adopt my dog if I want to, it’s annoying feeling shamed for buying a dog 😒

true, cos not all people can adopt a dog cos they aren't qualified so there other option is to buy especially if they really wanted a dog. 👍

Edited by blvck

Posted

ayeee truth! although my first choice is always to adopt I don't think I'd have ever been approved by an agency or shelter, luckily my bf's sister had puppies from her dog and they happened to be one of the breeds I wanted. Idk if I'm reading too much into it but some adoption agencies and shelters seem to be really inflexible and judgemental although I can acknowledge that they're trying to do right by the pup.

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

No you’re not reading too much into it because I did a lot of research to ensure I was qualified and if you choose to go with a particular breed, the organizations and shelters I dealt with there can be so judge-\mental. I gave up and caved and ended up buying my dog so that I can build experience with this breed (who is known to have a lot of health issues). I needed a companion to deal with a traumatic event and couldn’t wait any longer. I do get that these shelters want to make sure these pups go to a right home and never come back, but some of the things they required from you were so inflexible. 

My friend ended with up a total of 4 adopted dogs but only had 3 at a time and only has 1 now. I thought it was pretty irresponsible of her of doing that when she knew she was having a baby in the beginning and now her baby is a toddler. She couldn’t handle all of those dogs so she gave them away so to me it’s like “why tf did you do that?!” And she’s also the type to push down the “adopt don’t shop” agenda down your throat 😒

Again, let me buy my dog in peace or let me adopt in peace without your preachy opinion. 

Sorry for the long ass post but I did a lot of research and other things before I bought my dog so it just peeves me when people came at me for buying a dog instead of adopting it when they haven’t gone through what I went through that resulted me in needing a companion. 😤

Edited by rosetea
Couldn't use the spoiler option on mobile

Posted (edited)

-People need to stop being so blindly supportive of shit simply for the sake of seeming open minded and cool on the internet.

There are certain things that shouldn't be normalised or encouraged and this whole "LeT PeOpLe Be HaPpY" thing only applies to run of the mill things you legit shouldnt care about like how a grown women dresses or how many people someone slept with. Saying pedophiles don't deserve safe spaces, minors selling nudes shouldn't be encouraged and sex work isn't just showing bobs and vagene for money isn't being "judgemental" and if you really advocate for everyones happiness, you should advocate for their safety and let them know the dangers and harsh realities too.

-adults who talk shit about the kids in their family but get mad if anything is said about them: Stop being a hypocrite. You throw their name in the mud every chance you get, why be bothered if the same happens to you.

-In terms of snowflakes, idk why they or anyone bothers to lie about what they look like. I get that it can be linked to insecurities etc but no one really cares if your body isn't the epitome of modern day beauty standards. The one creating the high expectations for you to have a virtually flawless face and body is you yourself. 

-i feel like some threads here need to calm down on getting tea on some snowflakes. Like its one thing to expose them for their shitty actions but some go as far as over analyzing everything they do and digging into their personal lives just to drag them. I know this is a gossip forum but invading a persons privacy and digging into their whole life comes off as creepy and obsessive 

Edited by Van ghostly