• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Unpopular opinions

5571 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I find it so ugly when a woman is dressed up all pretty in 50´s or 20s etc style, with the perfect make up and hair to it.

beautiful vintage dress, and then tattoo sleeve(s) or a lot of tattoo´s everywhere on the legs/neck/arms etc. it completely ruins the vintage look and makes it look trashy.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

As much as I absolutely hate white supremacists (as I hate all supremacists in general) and all I dont understand how they think their race is in "danger." There is a considerable amount of people who are white in the world ( Eh Europe??). Esp in America where whites are the majority like wtf?? Who the hell cares if your only going to date a white person. Good for you, just dont force your shitty idealogies onto others who just happen to love another race.

Posted

TERF IS A SLUR. Because when I see people post things like "I hope terfs choke on my Transwoman dick" "I hope they get murdered/beaten/raped" "lesbians who don't have sex with women with penises are transphobic"  then you are not the victim anymore but a predatory abuser and I have every right to call you a male.

That's stupid as fuck. That's like thinking you have the right to use the n word and be a racist dick because a black person bullied you. Your logic is ridiculous. The fact that they are speaking against TERFS, TRANS EXCLUSIONARY radical feminists, means they are speaking out against people who discriminate against them. There's no reason to be insulted by that.

9.9/10 self proclaimed wiccans are just boring basic rich girls that need to get a more productive hobby. I know magic aint real. You know magic aint real. So get out of that black dress, clean up the pentagram on the floor, shut your spell book and get a job.

Yeah they're basic rich white girls who appropriate from native american, african, and asian cultures.

I do not have sympathy for drug users. Y'all learn that shit in school and those damn advertisments that taking drug is bad and what it does to you. Asking/stealing/loaning money to buy drugs, embarassing your family if you get arrested etc. Fucking stupid ass. 

Not all drug users started using voluntarily. Also many addicts started using as self-medication because they couldn't afford real treatment for their issues, which speaks more on the state of health care and the economy than the character of the individual. Educate yourself.

Posted

Honestly... I find the white knigths in Taylor's thread scary by now. It's pretty close to what was going on in the Melanie Martinez thread a while back.

I was about to write a nice comment about her current video just now - I have actually already typed it -  but I have no motivation at all anymore to post there. As things are now I can as well write something in her youtube comments. You write something nice... and might get associated with the bunch of fangirls. You dare to criticise her and they will come against you. I don't care about downvotes or votes in general, but who the heck wants to have a bunch of people against them just for a simple opinion? PULL is supposed to be a place where we can voice our opinions safely, but apparently some threads are an exception...

Posted (edited)

I’m probably gonna get ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SLANDERED over this but I really hate the word ‘Latinx’. People have started using it to be more gender inclusive, which is great! But why can’t people just use Latino or Latin, i.e She’s Latin or They’re Latin??? 

As a Latin woman, I just don’t like it. One bit. 

Anglos think they have a hard time making the English language more gender neutral. Good luck with the Romance languages where everything is gendered, I say :^)

That's stupid as fuck. That's like thinking you have the right to use the n word and be a racist dick because a black person bullied you. Your logic is ridiculous. The fact that they are speaking against TERFS, TRANS EXCLUSIONARY radical feminists, means they are speaking out against people who discriminate against them. There's no reason to be insulted by that.

So, let me get this straight. @hfeuwh146 posted about how they don't think "TERFs" (which technically isn't even a correct term since "TERFs" still consider trans men female, but that's beside the point) deserve being told that they should choke on "trans woman dick" or need to be beaten/murdered/raped and your only response is "trans people are discriminated against so they have a right to speak out"?

I hope I am misunderstanding you, because right now, it sounds an awful lot like you're condoning women receiving rape/death/assault threats.

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

eh hem lemme prepare my battlegrounds im talking bout religion.

The discrimination Muslim people face in Western countries doesn't even come close to the persecution non-muslims and even just Shiite Muslim face in Muslim majority countries (MENA) no where fucking near and the fact that in western countries there are laws against said muslim discrimination but in MENA countries mobs literally go after non-muslims and NOONE speaks on it. Take Asia Bibi a Christian mother who i literally only found out was free from death row after 8 years from a mutual on twitter but a fake story of a girl hijab getting pulled off when Trump won was plastered all over every news site.

American Evangelicals who care more about Israel than the thousands of Middle Eastern Christans getting killed by Israeli forces in Palestine is a constant reminder to me of how ignorant Americans are. In reference to the killing of Middle Eastern Christians Ted Cruz said this "If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews, then I will not stand with you. Thank you and God bless you." Are you fucking serious? 

Black Americans and black people in general need to get over our victim "tHe wHitE mAn" complex,  change the culture and develop the community and our countries complaining about white people is getting us absolutely nowhere. also no youre probably not related to an Egyptian Pharaoh

Black people are being shot down by the police for literally NO REASON and you're telling them to get over it? Tell that to Tamir Rice's mother. It's not a victim complex if racism is still impacting people. Black Africans are literally being sold as slaves in other countries and African migrants are
being tossed overboard into the fucking sea because of their skin color.  But I guess it's easier to be a coon and tell black people to get over it than it is to acknowledge that the system and institutions that racist white people created is still killing people today. 

Posted (edited)

I didn't like Love, Simon that much. The antagonist was extremely cartoonish and the third half felt unrealistic

Black people are being shot down by the police for literally NO REASON and you're telling them to get over it? Tell that to Tamir Rice's mother. It's not a victim complex if racism is still impacting people. Black Africans are literally being sold as slaves in other countries and African migrants are
being tossed overboard into the fucking sea because of their skin color.  But I guess it's easier to be a coon and tell black people to get over it than it is to acknowledge that the system and institutions that racist white people created is still killing people today. 

Except that the issue of black Africans being sold as slaves isn't something that Europeans created, that's something that can mainly be linked to things like the Arab slave trade and African slavery within Africa (e.g. Libya). I'm not going to deny that Europeans/white Americans played a role in it or that police brutality in the U.S. is an issue but it's simply not true that white slave-traders are responsible for creating African slavery.

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

I didn't like Love, Simon that much. The antagonist was extremely cartoonish and the third half felt unrealistic

Except that the issue of black Africans being sold as slaves isn't something that Europeans created, that's something that can mainly be linked to things like the Arab slave trade and African slavery within Africa (e.g. Libya). I'm not going to deny that Europeans/white Americans have played a role in the history of African slavery or that police brutality in the U.S. is an issue but it's simply not true that white slave-traders are responsible for creating African history.

even so telling black people to get over racism is such a shitty thing to say. idc if its arabs or white people if someone hates me because of my race they are all in the same category. 

Posted (edited)

im a black african big brain. Black Americans have a huge victim complex they even complain when foreign black people come over and do better then them. Someone was unjustly killed? Sad waste of life you can't spend your whole life wallowing in self pity saying how much discrimination you face when someone touches your hair or when you don't see yourself in a film. There are no laws giving you less rights and opportunities than a white person.  (Coon is slavery speak, it means nothing to me) alao the black Africans arw being enslaved by Arabs so idk what  racist white person caused that one

Edited by Goofy Goober

Posted (edited)

im a black african big brain. Black Americans have a huge victim complex they even complain when foreign black people come over and do better then them. Someone was unjustly killed? Sad waste of life you can't spend your whole life wallowing in self pity saying how much discrimination you face when someone touches your hair or when you don't see yourself in a film. There are no laws giving you less rights and opportunities than a white person.  (Coon is slavery speak, it means nothing to me) alao the black Africans arw being enslaved by Arabs so idk what  racist white person caused that one

I'm a black African too and I still think that you're full of shit. You deride AA for their 'victim complex'  but if the system was as fair as you claimed it to be these unjust killings wouldn't be occurring in the first place. But according to you there's nothing preventing AA people from being successful and productive members of society. 

I suppose you believe people should accept any form of discrimination they face instead of complaining about it.  So what if your boss says racist things sometimes? So what if a black child gets bullied over their hair? It's just the way things are. The same way slavery and colonialism were at one point, just the way things are. It's funny how you won't even acknowledge the fact that the only reason foreign blacks and other POC are even able to migrate to the U.S. is because AA died and are still dying to fight against discrimination and racism in America. 

Edited by jellylike

Posted

- i'm sick of the soft uwu style of animation on cartoon network. it's not ugly but on shows that aren't gumball, it really isn't appealing either.

- pitbull owners who blame the young child or the elderly for getting mauled are p a t h e t i c

-seeing germany flop at the world cup and get beaten by the dutch 3-0 in the nations league was extremely satisfying. speaking of the netherlands, i still think they are a top 15 team.

- i don't think it's petty to not support something because of its fans. 

Posted

This!! Have people forgotten about the Ottoman Empire enslaving people in Europe? I find the hypocrisy of the extreme left insane. For one, only American history and struggles are the focus, ever. And the fact how they're so eager to talk about the differences among Black people, Hispanic people, Asian people, Native people. But white people? European people? Nah, we're apparently all the same according to them. I wish I could talk about how my grandparents miraculously survived WWII in Ukraine and Poland and the shit them and their families have gone through, but according to the internet my appearance means that they supposedly know more about my heritage and family's struggles than I do. Sure, Jan. Sure.

The fact that Spain being invaded by muslims was called 'expansion' like lol they just think what whites went throught, even if the same, is not as important? Or something. 

I know the hype is GONE but I want to know more about my heritage but, aside of those internet test where u have to pay for -maybe- just a bit of accuracity...I don't know how to proceed. 

Posted

The fact that Spain being invaded by muslims was called 'expansion' like lol they just think what whites went throught, even if the same, is not as important? Or something. 

I know the hype is GONE but I want to know more about my heritage but, aside of those internet test where u have to pay for -maybe- just a bit of accuracity...I don't know how to proceed. 

There have been so many slave trades throughout history, America was definitely not the first or only place where it has occurred, yet it's the only one people talk about.

I love genealogy, I think it's really interesting to learn about where people's ancestors have come from. I'm not sure if ancestry.com only has records for people in the US, but I know you could try that (although to access all their info it costs money) or there's definitely other genealogy sites out there that might be able to help you.