• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Unpopular opinions

4338 posts in this topic

Posted

9.9/10 self proclaimed wiccans are just boring basic rich girls that need to get a more productive hobby. I know magic aint real. You know magic aint real. So get out of that black dress, clean up the pentagram on the floor, shut your spell book and get a job.

Posted (edited)

I really think that ideas and thoughts should always be prioritized over grammar and spelling. I’m tired of seeing people being torn to shreds because they accidentally misspelled something, or used the wrong form of “your”. I only understand nitpicking someone’s grammar if it is a mistake they keep making despite being corrected multiple times, but even then, it still doesn’t invalidate the OP’s entire point. Being able to communicate your own thoughts and research in a coherent, eloquent way is what matters more to me. 

That’s not to say that grammar and spelling have no place in the world, but it’s not as big of a deal as the internet tries to make it. 

Edited by SadBlythe
The irony of making typos on this post lmao

Posted

people care too much about what other people are doing. 

just...if someone isn't harming anyone, just let them be. even if it's lame or stupid, who cares? if it makes you happy, don't stop, and don't let people try to force you to conform just because they don't understand "how" it could make you happy. 

do taxidermy, paint your house black, make bad films, start a GoFundMe to collect Jerry Mcguire CDs and build a permanent, enormous pyramid in the desert as a testament to the boundless potential of human innovation. let people enjoy themselves. if it bothers you, maybe you need to reconsider how you empathize with others.

Posted

pretty stupid to cancel someone just because they support a different political party than you like as if that the political party ur supporting for is morally right. 

Posted

people care too much about what other people are doing. 

just...if someone isn't harming anyone, just let them be. even if it's lame or stupid, who cares? if it makes you happy, don't stop, and don't let people try to force you to conform just because they don't understand "how" it could make you happy. 

do taxidermy, paint your house black, make bad films, start a GoFundMe to collect Jerry Mcguire CDs and build a permanent, enormous pyramid in the desert as a testament to the boundless potential of human innovation. let people enjoy themselves. if it bothers you, maybe you need to reconsider how you empathize with others.

*cough pokimane thread cough*

Posted

Here's some real unpopular opinions:

Unless the person is actually suggesting some pedophile, creepy, illegal shit downvoting on the UNPOPULAR opinion thread is so stupid and counter productive

Alot of transwomen are really ugly 36+ year old men who threw on wigs and to even suggest putting on a long plastic wig and a flowery dress with shitty makeup or over sexualised breasts and butts with a drag queen look makes you a woman is disrespectful to the female in general. 

Self-identifying trans woman who are allowed into female spaces are dangerous Karen White isn't a lone wolf it's happened plenty of times but if you point it out you're a tRaNsPhObe.

LETTING YOUR CHILD TAKE PUBERTY BLOCKERS FOR THEIR ''''TRANSITION''' SHOULD BE CONSIDERED CHILD ABUSE.

Shaping societies around the MINORITY is a straight road to disaster.

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." which is one aspect of the fall of the Roman Empire and it has never applied more than now, alot of European cultures are already on the decline but hey at least i can say i saw the rise and fall of Western Society

SOME AESPECTS OF OTHER CULTURES ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS IDC IF ITS 'DISRESPECTING THE CULTURE' THINGS LIKE CHILD BRIDES NEED TO BE SHAMED

get out of my head

Posted

Here's some real unpopular opinions:

LETTING YOUR CHILD TAKE PUBERTY BLOCKERS FOR THEIR ''''TRANSITION''' SHOULD BE CONSIDERED CHILD ABUSE.

Shaping societies around the MINORITY is a straight road to disaster.

I was thinking about this shit the other day. I consider myself pretty openminded, accepting, and I try to be considerate of others. Like any good person would. I have several friends from a local trans community. I'm honoured to see some of their transition real close and to see their mental health getting better and better.
But when it comes to kids, I AM NOT SURE. What should a parent do, what would be the right thing to do? What would I do, as a self-proclaimed openminded, white, heterosexual, cis-female whos is extremely privileged? I wouldn't know.

Like I've heard so many stories about how the transition would be easier if a person never went through their puberty. And I know for sure ever since I was able to think sensibly, I just knew I was a girl.

So what makes me think trans-children would be any different to me then? I don't know. I would feel super iffy going through the puberty blockers with my child. And I don't know why.

I SHOULD WRITE MY MA THESIS BUT THIS 'WHAT I'D DO IF MY CHILD WERE A TRANS' THOUGHT KEEPS TROUBLING ME.

Posted

TERF IS A SLUR. Because when I see people post things like "I hope terfs choke on my Transwoman dick" "I hope they get murdered/beaten/raped" "lesbians who don't have sex with women with penises are transphobic"  then you are not the victim anymore but a predatory abuser and I have every right to call you a male.

Posted

I’m probably gonna get ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SLANDERED over this but I really hate the word ‘Latinx’. People have started using it to be more gender inclusive, which is great! But why can’t people just use Latino or Latin, i.e She’s Latin or They’re Latin??? 

As a Latin woman, I just don’t like it. One bit. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by pagandaddy.exe
I’m on mobile sry

Posted (edited)

Edited by pagandaddy.exe

Posted (edited)

Edited by pagandaddy.exe

Posted (edited)

Edited by pagandaddy.exe
I posted it too many times

Posted

Nothing is free.

Taxes are put in place to provide services such as education, sanitation, health, social security, etc... Sure, some things could be better, but it takes a lot of work, time, and effort to provide for even a single person. 

(I'm putting this in this thread because I notice that feeling entitled to have everything is a popular opinion in America.)