• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6449 posts in this topic

Posted

I know I'm going to get a lot of dislikes for this,

But internet friends can't replace real friends you meet in real life. I can tell you from experience that a real hug feels a lot better than a virtual one. 

Posted

I hate Shane Dawson

Posted

Hot rollers > traditional curling irons 

Posted

I’m Smirnoff and I have something I wanna say... (about art):

-People who don’t know shit about art.... do not speak on it. Many times I land on some post about readymades or basically any other mediums that aren’t drawing or painting, I see laymen commenting “ummm this isn’t art sweety :-/“. Put some damn respect on Duchamp’s name.

-Too many people confuse modern art and contemporary art. It’s like there was collective amnesia regarding the whole ass post modernism period.

-Surrealism was one of the best movements. Impressionism was boring as hell for me.

-Kinda feel uneasy about the influx of people who go to art galleries just to snap pics for the gram. I’m just paranoid it could potentially change the way that collators choose for exhibitions i.e choosing “aesthetic” installation works rather than some not so pretty but nonetheless important works. Idk.

-Banksy is so fucking annoying.

sorry for my dumb pretentious ass

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT banksy is so fake deep and his art really be unoriginal as hell sometimes 

Posted (edited)

There's no point trying to start a channel on youtube anymore but the other existing video platforms are so lame. I feel there should be something new bc social media is becoming so boring atm and there's no creativity

Edited by Smirnoff

Posted

I hate Shane Dawson

i don't like him either but i'm curious, why?

Posted (edited)

i don't like him either but i'm curious, why?

He has an annoying voice and personality

Edited by Sparklefist
typo

Posted

He has an annoying voice and personality

oh i don't like him bc he lashed out on a young fan but 🐸

Posted (edited)

People need to stop guilt tripping others to vote. Politics are really complicated and confusing tbh. No one can have a political conversation these days without said conversation ending up in a screaming match. 

Edited by dustbin
Post got posted twice??

Posted

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT banksy is so fake deep and his art really be unoriginal as hell sometimes 

but isn’t this exactly his point with some pieces? mirroring that we always look for some deeper, more complex symbolism in art that’s... just not there sometimes lol. That it’s okay for art to be easy (or just nice to look at)? and his art isn’t really just about the content but also about the context (like where it’s placed etc). I mean he isn’t a mastermind but for a political artist he’s doing fine imo.

Posted

People need to stop guilt tripping others to vote. Politics are really complicated and confusing tbh. No one can have a political conversation these days without said conversation ending up in a screaming match. 

I was just coming here to post that lol. Agree 100%  To vote for a politician I feel like I have to do all this research to vote. And its not easy because I dont have loyalty to any polical party and I share some of the interests that both Dems and Republicans have.  I dont trust politicians either.

Posted

- i am just over this whole 'hiring someone just for the sake of diversity even when they're so piss poor at doing something' 

-  for ppl who preach about spreading positivity and ignoring the hate, they sure do spam bullshit on trump's mention lmao. give it a rest, we get it. u hate trump but practice what u preach goddamn 

Posted

Timothee is not attractive at all. 

Posted

There's no point trying to start a channel on youtube anymore but the other existing video platforms are so lame. I feel there should be something new bc social media is becoming so boring atm and there's no creativity

I miss when youtube was just for fun and nobody considered it an actual job.