• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6449 posts in this topic

Posted

i'm sorry i had to say it. udon > ramen

Posted

i'm sorry i had to say it. udon > ramen

PREACH. Especially when the udon noodles is chewy. And i have finally perfected my homemade udon noodles recipe so i don't need to go out and buy them.

Posted

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was so poorly written, acted, and filmed. The dialogue has no flow at all and jumps from one topic to another with mostly one-liners (like most teenage shows such as Riverdale, Teen Wolf, Pretty Little Liars; which are all horrible by the way) and references to Satan or Harvey in every damn conversation. I'm not going to get into the rest because it would take up an entire page:alpacamad:. Anyways, if you want to watch a good Netflix series, then watch Castlevania, Maniac, or North and South.

omg for a show that hated on men at any chance they got, they sure wrote Harvey into the dialogue a loooot, it was one of the things that ruined Sabrina's character for me. 

On that note Netflix's foreign originals are actually quite good! (with the exception of Elite, that shit was a mess lol)

Posted

Fuck does or did anyone really gave two shit about about Ariana and Pete relationship? 

Posted (edited)

i think people put way too much emphasis on other people's evaluation of their appearance. 

who cares if some random thinks you're ugly. you're not entitled to ANYONE'S attraction to you. 

I saw this trans woman on facebook and I'm sorry but she was really, really ugly. Green-yellow skin, dark under-eye bags, slimy hair. Absolutely awful makeup. Overweight, and looking sloppy. They were bitching about how they were putting a big FUCK YOU to everyone who had called them ugly or criticized them online, and everyone was commenting that they were ~so pretty~ and that they didn't deserve that!! She went on to say that people had no right to THINK she was ugly, and that people who THINK she's ugly are just being judgmental. And yeah, she didn't deserve people to be mean to her, but that does not entail that everyone is going to think you're attractive. I'm not a dick, so I won't say it to your face, but you cannot just demand that people find your crusty ass cute. 

Further, if you can't take criticism, maybe just...IDK avoid the internet? No one is harassing or bullying or doing anything crazy. Just telling you do blend ya goddamn eyeshadow. Get a grip.

Rant 2.0

It really really annoys me when people who are blatantly unattractive complain about men falling all over them and not being able to leave them alone since they're so irresistible. There's literally nothing wrong about this behavior, I just find it obnoxious, LMAO.

[there was a quote here about true crime videos idk where it went~]

It's disrespectful, IMO. 

People fucking died. They had families, kids, parents. True crime isn't just a trendy little spooky story. Those people suffered and died, and there are people who experienced unimaginable pain because of it. 

Don't make a gasp face "shocked and sexy" thumbnail and use your cutesy music, people. It's literally the trashiest thing, and displays a complete lack of empathy for victims. 

Edited by darlin

Posted

It's disrespectful, IMO. 

People fucking died. They had families, kids, parents. True crime isn't just a trendy little spooky story. Those people suffered and died, and there are people who experienced unimaginable pain because of it. 

Don't make a gasp face "shocked and sexy" thumbnail and use your cutesy music, people. It's literally the trashiest thing, and displays a complete lack of empathy for victims. 

I mean if they want to make that type of content, they should do like criminally listed/vintage files/scary mysteries/lardon arts style and enough with the extremely popular cases like jon benet, elisa lam etc. We've seen tons of videos like that already zzz 

Posted

people who do full on 10 paragraph analyses on online personalities are pathetic

Posted (edited)

Did they do any research on witches and the occult for Sabrina or did they just work with stereotypes? Because that's what it felt like to me. Aside from that I still can't figure out Sabrina's character, I hate how they painted her as innocent, yet strong human girl, but on the other side she was that sadistic witch? As if being a witch makes you evil and mean and ready to murder someone.

Edit: Let me add how I hated that "I would die for him" image they painted of Sabrina. Girl, you're 16. You're not the Little Mermaid.

Edited by Qualle

Posted

Did they do any research on witches and the occult for Sabrina or did they just work with stereotypes? Because that's what it felt like to me. Aside from that I still can't figure out Sabrina's character, I hate how they painted her as innocent, yet strong human girl, but on the other side she was that sadistic witch? As if being a witch makes you evil and mean and ready to murder someone.

Edit: Let me add how I hated that "I would die for him" image they painted of Sabrina. Girl, you're 16. You're not the Little Mermaid.

Honest to god I think it could've been cool if they got some decent writers. Total wasted opportunity. 

I don't understand any of the characterizations. None of their actions or backstories seem to lead to the natural conclusion of the way they are or the way they present themselves. Even their idea of making the story more "realistic" seems...unnatural and random? It almost feels like a comedy with the juxtaposition of Scream Queen levels of tropes and frivolousness and attempts to be grounded. Eating people, Satan just being there? Fine. Cats talking? Don't be ridiculous--this is a serious show!

RIP Salem as a character. We all knew you were the best part of the show. 

Putting my prediction now that Sabrina gets impregnated by Satan, Rosemary's Baby style. IDK, seems an obvious thing to do with a half-witch, half-human character. Also, they can sieve off some of the brilliant atmosphere and terror of RB -- maybe even make a pro-choice thing out of it.

Posted

How is being quiet or not choosing a side with your political ideologies or beliefs problematic? Like what if you're neutral and you can agree with some parts of both sides but equally dislike it. (This is more on the Philippine context between Duterte Supporters and the Liberal Party. I can agree with some of their ideologies but both are horrible and do nothing that can help our country)

Posted

people who say they're witches/wiccans for clout are some of the most embarrassing people 

we should've left that shit in middle school people come on 

Posted

Gaming youtubers should stick with gaming. Don't get why every gamer youtuber is slowly turning into a reaction channel.

Posted

I don’t know why but even as a child, stepping on lego’s never hurt.

Posted

I don’t know why but even as a child, stepping on lego’s never hurt.

ur a feelingless monster

Posted

Poor writing doesn't make a show unenjoyable. I mean, look at SAO, Naruto and Bleach. Taste is subjective as everyone has a thing or two they're are a sucker for, but it's perfectly possible to judge a fictional work from the quality of storytelling alone.