• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Unpopular opinions

5571 posts in this topic

Posted

Cancelling Brother Nature over something he said on twitter when he was 12 is just stupid. He was literally a kid lol he doesn't say it anymore so he obviously has grown and learn.

Saying a singer is problematic because she said the n word while singing a cover is also stupid. She literally doesn't know English or American culture. And saying just because they have fast internet in their country they should know?? How are they going to guess there's a bad word in a random song? When I was in high school I thought that word meant brother/friend and so did most people in this country probably, because we don't pay That much attention to american culture. Only since like 2014 did everyone start being more vocal about it so now everyone who pays any attention to America is aware that it has a negative connotation.

Posted

everytime a thread hounds a person for photoshopping i lose my mind (face shopping). as long as they're not trying to look like a race they arent/drastically change features, why even care?
it's okay to shop out some acne or scars. it's not okay to make yourself look korean when you're not. :/

Posted

The Haunting of the Hill House is so good, the plot and the characters are so well-written, but it's so underrated just because the actors aren't famous.

Posted

Latest Halloween movie can go to hell

Being a sugar baby is a legit job (as I have said before and will say again) and is much more difficult then most jobs given the amount of work put in, especially with the SOSTA/FOSTA laws in place. (Which fyi even as a Canadian I disagree with those laws, they are putting more people in danger by removing resources.)

I wish sweaters looked more formal.

Posted

Transwomen will never understand the struggles of being a woman.

Posted

Transwomen will never understand the struggles of being a woman.

They are trans though???? They get more hate lmao

Posted

Seeing people comment, "But is she legal yet? ;)" , makes me extremely disgusted for some reason. I understand that someone would want to feel more justified in fantasizing about another person, but it still doesn't seem right. People in real life and on the internet aren't characters that someone else can just dehumanize/sexualize/objectify. 

I really hate that sex is a main topic in most things. (I don't mean to offend anyone, this is just from what I've observed in my own environment)

Posted

Gender isn't a just social construct and there's only two genders. Of course people are allowed to identify as whatever

Posted

That whole "start and argument with you s/o to spice things up 😜😜" shit is annoying like how is purposely getting mad a someone you love fun

Posted

They are trans though???? They get more hate lmao

True, but I don't think that's what they were getting at. They're still two entirely different struggles. 

It's not about playing a game of 'who has it worse'. 

Posted

why does like every conversation on the internet nowadays always has to go to politics. nothing wrong with talking about it, but holy crap clam down not everything needs politics in it.

Posted

why does like every conversation on the internet nowadays always has to go to politics. nothing wrong with talking about it, but holy crap clam down not everything needs politics in it.

I know right? I was watching a video about teeth, fucking dentistry, and I see people in the comment section arguing about Obama and Trump.

Posted

I’m Smirnoff and I have something I wanna say... (about art):

-People who don’t know shit about art.... do not speak on it. Many times I land on some post about readymades or basically any other mediums that aren’t drawing or painting, I see laymen commenting “ummm this isn’t art sweety :-/“. Put some damn respect on Duchamp’s name.

-Too many people confuse modern art and contemporary art. It’s like there was collective amnesia regarding the whole ass post modernism period.

-Surrealism was one of the best movements. Impressionism was boring as hell for me.

-Kinda feel uneasy about the influx of people who go to art galleries just to snap pics for the gram. I’m just paranoid it could potentially change the way that collators choose for exhibitions i.e choosing “aesthetic” installation works rather than some not so pretty but nonetheless important works. Idk.

-Banksy is so fucking annoying.

sorry for my dumb pretentious ass

Posted

If someone gives you a list of reasons as to why you shouldn't date them and you still go for it, then you really only have yourself to blame.