• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6034 posts in this topic

Posted

whenever selena gomez's images pop up on my explore feed I literally always think it's an old picture of selena quintanilla. her hairstyle/clothes, even her dance moves in the taki taki music video are similar to hers. it doesn't help that her name is selena too. I don't see comments on her feed of people acknowledging these similarities so I'm guessing her fans must be too young to know about Selena Q. 

selena1.thumb.png.0dc334a65d81b0e301cdd70412da5525216c1c56a86d905751c7a6.thumb.j

selena3.thumb.png.03601a8c92855e7e9aefd6539ff0923dcd5_-_cos-selena-red-jumpsuit-

selena2.thumb.png.7f5f420c6829701f628731ef90f5be4b12288688632be3f139a2ca.thumb.j

Posted

tiktok is actually fucking hilarious (in a cringy and satire way)

Posted

Whoever makes their intro on a youtube video more than five seconds long needs to delete their channel.

Posted

I think it's silly for people to put any weight on zodiac personality traits. They are vague enough to fit anyone and there's many variations people make up on the net

Posted

tiktok is actually fucking hilarious (in a cringy and satire way)

the cursed TikTok videos are the best tbh.

Posted

Making fun of little kids and calling them cringy, especially if you're an adult, on youtube is sad. 

I hate channels that make fun of art that was clearly drawn by a little kid. They're kids, what do you expect? They will get better overtime. 

These people act like they were artists when they were children.

Posted

*As a white woman living in Japan, I tend to find the vast majority of white men living in Japan embarrassing

*As an American, I think that American patriotism can be dangerously close to nationalism at times

*The Fifth Element is a bad movie.

*Reality TV is mostly garbage

*Pineapple DOES go on pizza

Posted (edited)

Nvm

Edited by mangomeow

Posted

AKB48 and sister groups are way past their prime, the 46 groups have really overtaken them, and people who pretend otherwise are just kidding themselves. Selling over 1 million for their single doesn't mean they're still popular, the fact tha thousands of copies are found disposed in garbage are a good indication that it's just wota bulk buying - but looks like fans are taking example from k-pop fans with thinking inflated sales must mean popularity. 

I can't stand the bushy eyebrow trend and think it looks horrible on white people, and is low-key borderline appropriation. But I may be salty since I'm Spanish and grew up being bullied over having thicker brows, so I find some painful irony in how they're "hip" now.

Spanish are white...Or are we suddenly back to times when Southern and Eastern Europeans weren't considered white? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

I can't stand the bushy eyebrow trend and think it looks horrible on white people, and is low-key borderline appropriation. But I may be salty since I'm Spanish and grew up being bullied over having thicker brows, so I find some painful irony in how they're "hip" now.

I don't think it's cultural appropiation, some people were born with them and waxed them, then let them grow once it became trendy. I'm Spanish white from Southern Spain and have always had them thick, there was a time I wanted to wax them so bad and messed up a bit (15 y.o horrible era), but now they're back to their original form. It doesn't bother me, what bothers me is Instagram eyebrows that are obviously fake and irl look hideous.

Posted (edited)

Spanish are white...Or are we suddenly back to times when Southern and Eastern Europeans weren't considered white? :alpacaconfused:

I guess I meant moreso Anglo white/people without the usual "hairy genes". And while I do realize Spaniards are technically "white", I feel like the overdone eyebrow trend is an attempt to look more exotic, so I feel like it appropriates that, in a sense.

I don't think it's cultural appropiation, some people were born with them and waxed them, then let them grow once it became trendy. I'm Spanish white from Southern Spain and have always had them thick, there was a time I wanted to wax them so bad and messed up a bit (15 y.o horrible era), but now they're back to their original form. It doesn't bother me, what bothers me is Instagram eyebrows that are obviously fake and irl look hideous.

Yeah I might just be overreacting a bit. I guess I meant moreso the Instagram eyebrows, overdrawing and whatnot that gets me. Growing them out and feeling comfortable with it is fine. I'm kinda bitching about how something that was once considered "ugly" is now a fashion trend. Idk, like I said, probably overreacting.

Edited by mangomeow
clarification

Posted

It's always sunny in philadelphia is the worst TV show I've seen in a while. Its just a bunch of shit actors screaming at each other and calling it humor. 

Posted

Making fun of little kids and calling them cringy, especially if you're an adult, on youtube is sad. 

I hate channels that make fun of art that was clearly drawn by a little kid. They're kids, what do you expect? They will get better overtime. 

These people act like they were artists when they were children.

I find it funny how people went after leafy for this shit, but about a year later we get people insulting 6 year olds on deviant art. And people going after Lily Tay.

Posted

I am just over seeing japanese text on everything. It was nice to wear it on sweaters at first but now it's everywhere. 

Posted (edited)

Whatever 

Edited by Agasshi