• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7466 posts in this topic

Posted

I dont see the appeal of mukbangs. Watching/listening to people eat while they talk is gross to me.

I like to see the food, but when people makes noises when they eat its fucking disgustinnnnng. 

Posted (edited)

I don't think that beauty companies need to cater to someones shade when it comes to foundations and I say that as someone who's never been able to find the right shade myself (very fair and olive undertone).It's their product and they can do whatever they want with it. Sure ,marketing wise it would be a smarter move to cover a larger demographic, but people who think that a brand cares about their feelings are delusional. They don't care about being inclusive ,it's all about the money.

I don't understand why there was such an uproar about Tarte's shape tape foundation shade range. People shouldn't act like they didn't support brands such as Maybelline,Dior etc. who've had shades ranging between 3-5 for decades (and in many countries still do!). Why weren't these brands "cancelled" a long time ago? I'm sure the issue of not being able to find the right shade was already common back then. This whole mess was just a chance for people on social media to jump on their high horses and put themselves on the same level as human rights activists. Calling a brand immoral and disgusting because they don't have 30 shades? Really?

Edited by lizardqueen

Posted

Life Is Strange 2 is sooo boring. I fell asleep first episode. Daniel and Sean are annoying, the political message just feels forced, and the only likeable characters are the dad and the dog.

Posted

Life Is Strange 2 is sooo boring. I fell asleep first episode. Daniel and Sean are annoying, the political message just feels forced, and the only likeable characters are the dad and the dog.

I love the game, but I also fell asleep a lot while trying to get through it and I agree the political message was too forced.

Posted

the second sponge bob moive is better then the first.

Posted

I don't think that beauty companies need to cater to someones shade when it comes to foundations and I say that as someone who's never been able to find the right shade myself (very fair and olive undertone).It's their product and they can do whatever they want with it. Sure ,marketing wise it would be a smarter move to cover a larger demographic, but people who think that a brand cares about their feelings are delusional. They don't care about being inclusive ,it's all about the money.

I don't understand why there was such an uproar about Tarte's shape tape foundation shade range. People shouldn't act like they didn't support brands such as Maybelline,Dior etc. who've had shades ranging between 3-5 for decades (and in many countries still do!). Why weren't these brands "cancelled" a long time ago? I'm sure the issue of not being able to find the right shade was already common back then. This whole mess was just a chance for people on social media to jump on their high horses and put themselves on the same level as human rights activists. Calling a brand immoral and disgusting because they don't have 30 shades? Really?

Of course companies will target the larger demographic in a country, I live in the south so everyone's tanned, I'm pale asf and they straight up told to my face they wont order lighter shades because they wont sell, so its a loss 🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted

Girls complaining about people harassing them in the streets should not describe what they were wearing. IT IS NOT YOUR F* FAULT. You do not have to explain or describe what you were wearing. Do not post your experience describing what you were wearing, people will focus on that AS IF IT IS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM WHEN IT IS NOT.

when i tell people about an incident that happened to me when i was stalked by a man with bad sexual motives i do like to actually describe what i was wearing. 

i was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie. I was like 12 or 13 years old. Dressed like a homeless guy basically. No makeup. Hair was just up in a ponytail. It still fucking happened. 

Clothes arent the reason shit like that happens, assholes are. If you blame a victims clothes you are one of those assholes. 

Posted (edited)

Here's some real unpopular opinions:

Unless the person is actually suggesting some pedophile, creepy, illegal shit downvoting on the UNPOPULAR opinion thread is so stupid and counter productive

Alot of transwomen are really ugly 36+ year old men who threw on wigs and to even suggest putting on a long plastic wig and a flowery dress with shitty makeup or over sexualised breasts and butts with a drag queen look makes you a woman is disrespectful to the female in general. 

Self-identifying trans woman who are allowed into female spaces are dangerous Karen White isn't a lone wolf it's happened plenty of times but if you point it out you're a tRaNsPhObe.

LETTING YOUR CHILD TAKE PUBERTY BLOCKERS FOR THEIR ''''TRANSITION''' SHOULD BE CONSIDERED CHILD ABUSE.

Shaping societies around the MINORITY is a straight road to disaster.

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." which is one aspect of the fall of the Roman Empire and it has never applied more than now, alot of European cultures are already on the decline but hey at least i can say i saw the rise and fall of Western Society

SOME AESPECTS OF OTHER CULTURES ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS IDC IF ITS 'DISRESPECTING THE CULTURE' THINGS LIKE CHILD BRIDES NEED TO BE SHAMED

Edited by Goofy Goober

Posted (edited)

The stupid "Life is Meaningless we're all depressed wah wah I hate happiness death death only intellectuals understand this" nihilism trend Rick and Morty spurred on that everyone and every form of media is going through needs to die off already, all because YOU'RE SAD, LONELY AND DEPRESSED  DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO BE PISS OFF YOU PESSIMISTIC PIECE OF SHIT 

Edited by Goofy Goober

Posted (edited)

i low-key posted this like 477673 times

Edited by Goofy Goober

Posted

Unless the person is actually suggesting some pedophile, creepy, illegal shit downvoting on the UNPOPULAR opinion thread is so stupid and counter productive

reference to my shota/loli post about that?

Posted

🐙🐙 maybe..... but even then its still an unpopular opinion thats the whole point

Posted

It kinda irks me when people compare MCR and Palaye Royale. Like I get it in a superficial way but also it's like they're low key insulting MCR by saying that.

Or maybe I'm too uppity MCR's ass (more likely).

I feel like the PR guys have some weird superiority complex because they use REAL instruments, have HOT babes, and want to bring REAL rock BACK. Like it's funny how they only look up to a certain image of MCR and didn't really learn what was so special about MCR in the first place. All they learned from them was that they we EMO, use REAL instruments, made their OWN songs, wore red and black MAKEUP, and they were DARK SEXY VAMPIRES. Like okay lets ignore Danger Days and most of Black Parade lol. Idk any musician that talks about bringing rock back and using REAL instruments need to get over themselves and get in line.