• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9185 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate those people on Instagram/Tumblr that only post about themselves all the time and have 10k+ followers. Most of them don't even acknowledge their followers and try to post their Amazon wishlist so their followers can buy things for them. Like... do you even do anything to deserve that? They seem conceited to me.

Posted

• polygamy and polymorous relationships disgust me
  • if you're under 13 you shouldn't have a phone
  • online role playing is weird
  • kdramas are boring, too long, and have the same plot
  • ricegum is lame
  • having side "hoes/niggas/guys/girls/etc." is disgusting

Posted

I like Taylor Swift.

Posted

• polygamy and polymorous relationships disgust me
  • if you're under 13 you shouldn't have a phone
  • online role playing is weird
  • ricegum is lame
  • having side "hoes/niggas/guys/girls/etc." is disgusting

As opposed to offline role-playing? Role-playing is the same as writing books and movie scripts. That's an odd thing to say, but I guess you're unfamiliar with it, which is why you think this way.

Not all role-plays involve "omg baby *smiles*", btw.

Posted

As opposed to offline role-playing? Role-playing is the same as writing books and movie scripts. That's an odd thing to say, but I guess you're unfamiliar with it, which is why you think this way.

I used to role play then I got over it because of how weird I realized it was and how much I engrossed my life into it and I never said it involved I have actual knowledge of how role playing works.

Posted (edited)

well, I've done roleplaying, and sometimes it's more of a writing excercise. Lest people forget there are multiple forms. Like the specific brand of roleplaying I did involved everyone assuming the role of a character, or characters, and writing little paragraphical to novella length entries where they interacted and interacted with the world surrounding them. That differs from what people stereotypically think roleplaying is.

the problem is, sometimes when our meddlesome personal lives got in the way of things, we essentially erupted into dramatics. Which is primarily why I quit, but I did enjoy character based roleplaying while I did it, and it helped expand my writing skills.

As butto_n mentioned, it does get a little engrossing and requires some dedication, which is why it can be a bit of an issue.

Edited by indignity

Posted

well, I've done roleplaying, and sometimes it's more of a writing excercise. Lest people forget there are multiple forms. Like the specific brand of roleplaying I did involved everyone assuming the role of a character, or characters, and writing little paragraphical to novella length entries where they interacted and interacted with the world surrounding them. That differs from what people stereotypically think roleplaying is.

the problem is, sometimes when our meddlesome personal lives got in the way of things, we essentially erupted into dramatics. Which is primarily why I quit, but I did enjoy character based roleplaying while I did it, and it helped expand my writing skills.

As butto_n mentioned, it does get a little engrossing and requires some dedication, which is why it can be a bit of an issue.

You literally took what I wanted to say right out of my mouth. I am awful at explaining things and when I posted that list of unpopular opinions I was in a state of anger.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved roleplaying, it was a nice way to expand my writing skills and learn new vocabulary but I stopped because it became a part of my outside life and I didn't want that anymore.

I used to roleplay on a site called Quotev and in the beginning people didn't  usually link their admin with their role play character (Ex: I could roleplay as a celebrity or cartoon character and strictly just be in character and not use the personality and include the feelings of my admin) I hope that makes sense

But as time went on people would link their admin and character together and like date out of the roleplay and I actually have dated the admin I was roleplaying with. I don't know, you get so involved with these people and like lose track of reality and actually cry and get hurt over these people and my mental health wasn't stable back then so I quit role playing online. 

I hope this makes sense, like I said I am not really good at explaining myself

Posted (edited)

You literally took what I wanted to say right out of my mouth. I am awful at explaining things and when I posted that list of unpopular opinions I was in a state of anger.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved roleplaying, it was a nice way to expand my writing skills and learn new vocabulary but I stopped because it became a part of my outside life and I didn't want that anymore.

I used to roleplay on a site called Quotev and in the beginning people didn't  usually link their admin with their role play character (Ex: I could roleplay as a celebrity or cartoon character and strictly just be in character and not use the personality and include the feelings of my admin) I hope that makes sense

But as time went on people would link their admin and character together and like date out of the roleplay and I actually have dated the admin I was roleplaying with. I don't know, you get so involved with these people and like lose track of reality and actually cry and get hurt over these people and my mental health wasn't stable back then so I quit role playing online. 

I hope this makes sense, like I said I am not really good at explaining myself

Well that makes sense. Your previous comment just came off as very awkward. My apologies. 

I fully understand that. I've role-played nearly all of my life, and still do if I feel like it, but I belonged to the small percentage who never let it get in the way of my real-life. I was also fortunate enough to role-play with my rl best-friend as well as my boyfriend, who we met before we actually got into the whole scene (he actually used it as a way to better his English). The only two people I pretty much kept to. So there was no pressure to reply at a certain time and whatnot.

I've had my fair share of drama with people mixing in-character with out-of-character however, and I've definitely met some writers who never stepped out of "i-c" even if we were talking in private. After awhile of trying to mingle in with other role-players, I just stopped bothering and told whoever wanted to interact with my character, that it's strictly role-play and that I don't do the whole mixing i-c and ooc thing, and that I take my time with replies.

Edited by 20

Posted

I hate The Hurt Locker. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate this movie since I watched it. There are 3.87 trillion blood cells that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each atom of those hundreds of cells it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for that stupid movie at this micro-instant. For you, Kathryn Bigelow. Hate. Hate.

Also, no Christmas before December 1st. No one needs Christmas adverts in November. You stop that before I wiggle my finger in disgust.

Posted (edited)

Totally agree with this one! I literally skipped about 10 episodes of Boys Over Flowers because I just wanted them to get together and it took an age. I only watch the web dramas now; the ones that are like 12 minutes an episode. Two hours and it's done.

Edited by Amika

Posted

I hate the movie American Beauty.

Posted

Things I can't stand 

-Micheal Kors handbags

-Brand logos on shirts (I don't mind on workout clothes or lounge wear) 

-super boy bands and girl bands from Korea ( I don't understand music groups with 10 plus people in them)

-Donald Trump and the Alt right movement 

-Popfunkos (there cute, but to many of them)

- Ohio state fans lol 

Posted

Totally agree with this one! I literally skipped about 10 episodes of Boys Over Flowers because I just wanted them to get together and it took an age. I only watch the web dramas now; the ones that are like 12 minutes an episode. Two hours and it's done.

I never heard of these do you have any suggestions I wanna try watching them too😮

Posted

okay i might be hated for this..

i believe gender pronouns wouldn't be a problem if English (or any latin based language) wasn't the globalized language. I thought of this because in my language, he/his/she/her/them/their (third person pronoun?) is ALWAYS neutral, so you wouldn't have to worry about someone accidently or purposely misgendering you. Also, I (first person pronoun) is gendered so you get to describe yourself however you like. I believe with that kind of language, it may have less problems.

** i'm not specifying my language since it's actually a very unique country and some people i know irl lurks here.

Posted (edited)

my opinions might be not unpopular, but here it is.

- Can the ARMY (BTS fans) just stop commenting on non-BTS videos, because everytime i go through the comment section of Youtube, there must be at least one comment about ARMY, it's a miracle that they can somehow bring it up....not.

- phones nowadays look almost the same

-i find video game music helps me study

Edited by Objection!