• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Unpopular opinions

9761 posts in this topic

Posted

The hate for TTG is annoying and pretty pathetic at this point especially since it's been on for five years now. 

First of all, I get it's an insult to the original but shouldn't you people be over it by now? As mentioned before, the show has been on for five years and shows no signs of being canceled as it's Cartoon Networks biggest money-maker. 

Don't these people realize how sad they look throwing a tantrum over a show made for little kids? Hell they're more immature than the kids watching the show!

"But that's all that's on Cartoon Network!"

Then watch a different channel? Watch another show on the internet? I mean, the internet exists and I'm sure cartoon network isn't the only channel you have on your TV.

-Another upop. opinion-

The Loud House sucks. It was alright the first few episodes but got boring very quickly. And I don't want Spongebob to end. 

I agree and  I'm actually looking forward to seeing the TTG movie though 

also I lost interest in The Loud House when the Chris savino allegations happened 

Posted

-Hetalia fandom is the defining of SJW shithole, the Hetalia Male characters (and nyotalia boys too) are way better looking, original, reliable than those Mary Sue (They don’t have flaws wtf) stupid girls.

some of the character designs dont even fit the country, but then again, it's hetalia so im not surprised tbh. 

speaking of hetalia, some fans act like hima made personified countries... when countries being personified is a thing in the past. 

Posted (edited)

Lgbt representation? More like lGbt lol, like, it's great but where are the new good lesbian (or about transmen, bisexuals) movies and not the ones like "blue is the warmest color" where everything is sexualized and with a shitty ending, but like love simon.  (Emma is really hot tho)  

Edited by kohh

Posted

omg, I agree so much. I hate how almost everybody in the cartoon community thinks that shows with a deep storyline are good. The Simpsons, phineas and ferb and looney toons worked and they didn’t have a deep story line. It’s honestly sad that people are hating on a show for fucking toddlers. And if you disagree with them, your a 9 year old who can’t take an opinion and has shitty taste.

Also yeah the loud house is annoying af. Looks like some cheap harem anime tbh.

oh my god i just encountered someone like this the other day. i love mickey mouse universe stuff (like the goofy movie/ducktales/the mm shorts) and i had an su fan suggest that i was too immature to understand adult themes because i like watching animated ducks do cute shit! as if the only thing i watch is disney lol. animated shows can be silly and well-written. it never has to be that deep. 

also speaking of the looney toons show, lola's characterization was 100% better than how she was in space jam.

Posted

some of the character designs dont even fit the country, but then again, it's hetalia so im not surprised tbh. 

speaking of hetalia, some fans act like hima made personified countries... when countries being personified is a thing in the past. 

Aph Poland has a horrible design, that’s a shame because I love the country Poland.

Pfff, personifications are a very ancient thing, usually represented as mothers of the soldiers, the anime is bad, I only like Aph China, great waifu and few more.

Posted (edited)

Aph Poland has a horrible design, that’s a shame because I love the country Poland.

Pfff, personifications are a very ancient thing, usually represented as mothers of the soldiers, the anime is bad, I only like Aph China, great waifu and few more.

if you were ever given a chance to redesign Poland what would your idea of him be?

Edited by SoftSaltSheep

Posted

oh my god i just encountered someone like this the other day. i love mickey mouse universe stuff (like the goofy movie/ducktales/the mm shorts) and i had an su fan suggest that i was too immature to understand adult themes because i like watching animated ducks do cute shit! as if the only thing i watch is disney lol. animated shows can be silly and well-written. it never has to be that deep. 

also speaking of the looney toons show, lola's characterization was 100% better than how she was in space jam.

ikr, those types of people are so annoying, like I don’t need to like a deep show in order to be mature. I don’t know if people notice this but, most of the people that like deep shows are pretty immature. And the people who like immature shows are usually mature. 

Also yeah I prefer Lola in the looney toons show then in space jam.

Posted (edited)

My personal definition of shipping is quite different, in fact I'm not so much into romance to begin with. I platonically 'ship' characters with unique, fascinating dynamic. It's more like a character study to me, as long as they don't hate each other. My current OTP for example don't necessarily like each other with the things the other had made him gone through. However, I can perfectly see them tolerating each other and their feelings may eventually grow into something like a mutual respect because in canon they let each other exist for their own personal reasons.

Bonus point if you can guess which ship it is. I'm talking about a Yugioh ship btw.

Edited by Elixir

Posted (edited)

I swear to god, grown ass people getting into fights that end relationships over some otps are so ridiculous, i've had enough of this shit. I try to unfollow and mute people but it's impossible to stay on social media and not see this shit lmao. I've seen people talking about actual problems they have in life and in comes the asswaffles who think otps matter in real life.

edit: this may have been more suitable for the rant thread but i honestly think my otp opinion is an unpopular one, even though i do enjoy shipping stuff myself, just not incel type of way lol

Edited by sand guardian

Posted

gamer girls who buy special gear (DVA headphones, DVA mouse, anything pinkish or girly like those cat ear phones) are cringey af to me. its like youre purposely just displaying yourself as a cringey individual who doesnt actually care about good peripherals and just shoving your gamer girl status down other people's throats. no one will take you seriously with those obnoxious cat headphones, youre just a joke since you wanna make it obvious you arent worth taking seriously.

Posted

I don't get how anyone could think Space Jam Lola was better. She had no personality and was just there to be eye candy. The Looney Toons Show was also pretty good tbh.

Posted

gamer girls who buy special gear (DVA headphones, DVA mouse, anything pinkish or girly like those cat ear phones) are cringey af to me. its like youre purposely just displaying yourself as a cringey individual who doesnt actually care about good peripherals and just shoving your gamer girl status down other people's throats. no one will take you seriously with those obnoxious cat headphones, youre just a joke since you wanna make it obvious you arent worth taking seriously.

MOMOTOKIO 😃

Posted

MOMOTOKIO 😃

thats where i got the idea from, then just twitch egirls in general. anyone is considered cringey/a gamer girl with those cat ear phones.. like.. theyre not even good quality.

Posted

i said, if u don't make an effort to see the supporting acts, your mum's a hoe.

but srsly, can't for the life of me understand why people will spend money on gig tickets and not see the supporting acts? if you don't support smaller musicians u don't deserve your tickets. it's so disrespectful to the artist that you went to see in the first place bc they obviously chose those particular artists for a reason and wanted to feature them. you'll never know what you missed out on. 

Posted

i hate 'gender neutral' terms for reproductive systems/sex. shit like 'penis havers' and 'uterus bearers' is so gross and dehumanizing wtf