• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7468 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Spoiler because it’s more talk about biological sex and I’m sure you’re all tired of this by now and honestly this is all I’m going to say about this on PULL.

I don’t get why people keep dismissing all the professional biologists coming out and talking about how sex isn’t as simple as being XY or XX. There are 6 karotypes that determine your sex. Most people have not gone through and will never go through the genetic testing required to know what their sex really is. Currently, your sex is determined the minute you are born by your gentalia and not by what your chromosomes are. I know as humans we want to put everyone into neat little boxes, but biological sex really is more complicated than people realize. 

Sources: x x 

Edited by SadBlythe
Almost forgot to add sources. Also Typos.

Posted (edited)

Spoiler because it’s more talk about biological sex and I’m sure you’re all tired of this by now and honestly this is all I’m going to say about this on PULL.

Hidden Content

Edited by Fleet Admiral Yang Wenli

Posted

I'm gonna be a dick here just in one thing and point out to someone that might see this because of a little mistake

XY and XX are the usual pair of sex genes for male and female 

human with just Y is not viable (and if I remember corectly the are not even born) because there are genes in the X chromosome that are needed in all humans in order to develop and survive.

I meant to type XX, not Y. This isn’t why I shouldn’t go on PULL before bed lol. :alpacadone:

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Edited by Fleet Admiral Yang Wenli

Posted (edited)

it's so annoying how Instagram girls never want to share where they get their clothes and ignore comments asking or vague about how annoying it is when people ask. 

like why is it such a well guarded secret; you didn't make that shit. someone buying the same forever 21 top as you won't infringe upon your SPECIAL AESTHETIC uwu. 

Edited by jadedotgif

Posted (edited)

Edited by PineappleVera
typos; grammar

Posted (edited)

Insatiable is SHIT but not for the reasons people are going crazy about. It's definitely satire and dark comedy, above all, it's tasteless. I feel so uncomfortable watching it and yet entertained by this massive train wreck of a show. imo the way it was promoted is why people are so butthurt. It was never supposed to be a show about acceptance or self love or an ideal world lol. 

Edited by kiwi

Posted

Afternoon nap>>>>night sleep

Also anyone else loving the disorientation feeling after a power nap?

Posted

I don't take people seriously when they unironically say something "triggers" them, if something upsets or disturbs you fucking say so. The word "trigger" has become such a fucking meme at this point and most people won't take you seriously if you use it to describe how you're feeling. I know I'm being nit-picky as hell but IDC

As much as I hate annoying vegans (like freelee and stuff) I think a lot of meat eaters provoke vegans, and IMO that's just as annoying. Let people eat what they want, a lot of vegans are really chill people, yeah there are annoying vegans out there, but there are also a lot of annoying meat eaters out there too. Just eat what you want omg.

Posted (edited)

it's so annoying how Instagram girls never want to share where they get their clothes and ignore comments asking or vague about how annoying it is when people ask. 

like why is it such a well guarded secret; you didn't make that shit. someone buying the same forever 21 top as you won't infringe upon your SPECIAL AESTHETIC uwu. 

Tbh, I'd be a bit more understanding if the girl did it from time to time (maybe they forgot where they bought it or didnt feel like replying that day), but instagram girls who do this for EVERY single one of their posts is what infuriates me.

Like is it really so hard to let your followers and supporters know where you get the stuff that you wear???

Edited by Jolie

Posted

I don't take people seriously when they unironically say something "triggers" them, if something upsets or disturbs you fucking say so. The word "trigger" has become such a fucking meme at this point and most people won't take you seriously if you use it to describe how you're feeling. I know I'm being nit-picky as hell but IDC

I agree. I feel like the majority of people who say they're "triggered" don't really have a grasp of what the word means. I personally actually have things that trigger me because of being sexually assaulted because they're things which on the surface may seem meaningless, but they bring back trauma (certain types of red cars, locations at my alma mater, certain people) but they aren't things I expect people to walk on eggshells for, and if they don't I'm not gonna get angry at them. Actually being triggered is like when nothing appears to be upsetting but your hands can't stop shaking. Half the time I just see people claiming things to be "triggering" which usually means "don't talk to me about this topic because I have no solid argument to defend it." The word nowadays just seems to be used for topics people dislike or things that make them generally angry, but not truly "triggered".

Posted

Srsly. If you ache to be a special flower just handsew shit yourself or commission a designer.

--

My piece now: Activist accounts on IG are INSUFFERABLE. Most of them are admin'ed by 13 y/os, especially all the LGBT ones. Not to say that there's an age limit on activism especially when concerning topics relevant and close to you but the amount of them that act as if they're authorities is scary. Heaps of them are so uneducated and lack the experience, with plenty still going on about how ace people are q*eer, lgbt is just for anyone who's "not straight" and how people with microidentity labels are "oppressed"

Posted

Insatiable is SHIT but not for the reasons people are going crazy about. It's definitely satire and dark comedy, above all, it's tasteless. I feel so uncomfortable watching it and yet entertained by this massive train wreck of a show. imo the way it was promoted is why people are so butthurt. It was never supposed to be a show about acceptance or self love or an ideal world lol. 

Agreed. I think it's really just the fact that the plot is bad and the characters are so unlikeable that the show is bad. No one should waste their time watching it to find out why it's bad.

Posted

I hate how much of a celebrity crush I still have of Devon Bostick even though he kinda looks like an unkempt nerdy hipster these days...

And it's totally because younger me can't let go of Devon being rodrick from diary of a wimpy kid movies. Everyday I hope that devon would do another 'bad' boy role in a movie or something but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Posted

I hate how much of a celebrity crush I still have of Devon Bostick even though he kinda looks like an unkempt nerdy hipster these days...

Hidden Content

Rodrick was hot af omg he reminded me of ian somerhalder