• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7404 posts in this topic

Posted

I've honestly gotten bored of all the meme channels on Youtube. They were funny for a couple months. But once you've seen one channel, you've pretty much seen them all. 

But from a business perspective, it's almost genius the way they could profit off of others' videos by editing it and adding a watermark. Still doesn't make it any less shady. 

Posted

Speaking of these trash meme channels. 

Tf is up with the jojo videos recently??? Did people forget she's still a fucking kid? The 3 points people criticize her for over an over again:

1. She acts younger than she is (duh her audience is way younger, she's basically a brand that's why she does this: To make more money than you probably are)

2. Her daidfjaidfisdhius intro's (these people are probably not even watching her videos? I'm not cuz why tf should I watch video made for 7 yos)

3. Her hairline (That's her own fucking problem)

I don't give a fuck about this girl but the internet is just getting more garbage by day. People need to remember they are still making fun of a god damn 15 year old. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Fleet Admiral Yang Wenli

Posted

That Tracer Butt issue in the early days of Overwatch: I'm glad they changed it, not because it looks fanservice-y, but because the old pose was fucking ugly

Posted

Insatiable wastn’t that bad

Posted

Agreed. I think the majority of people complaining about the show just don't understand satire and hate dark humor. Or just saw quotes taken out of context without actually watching the show.

Posted

I didn't care for/necessarily agree with the backlash and was actually really excited to watch it. But I just watched the first two episodes and it seems really bad to me. I love a good cheesy/ overly dramatic show (hi riverdale) but the characters in insatiable are just stupid, especially Debby Ryan's character. I just can't feel sorry for her because she is so poorly written. But that's just me.

Does the series get better? Is it worth watching more?

Posted (edited)

I genuinely do not understand the massive hatred that exists towards gender critical feminists/so-called "TERF"s. Obviously there are people who just mindlessly bash transexuals which I don't agree with, but from what I have seen a lot of them are just feminists who point out that biological sex is a thing and that throughout history, women are and have been oppressed because of their sex (restricted abortion/contraception rights, period shaming, FGM et cetera). A lot of the issues they bring up are also legitimate issues, such as gender dysphoric/gender non conforming children being forced/pushed to transition (fun fact: childhood gender dysphoria is more closely linked with homosexuality) or "cis" women being expected to give up sex-segregated spaces like prisons and degraded to things like "uterus bearers", "menstruators" and "non-men" (strangely there doesn't seem to be as much pressure to rename "cis" men "testicle bearers", "sperm ejaculators" or "non-women"). I didn't pay much attention to them until a few months ago (mostly because I don't identify as a radical feminist) but then I actually started looking into what they were saying and thought to myself "That's it?". The way some people describe them makes it sound like they're on-par with incels which the majority of the time isn't true.

Edited by JunkFood

Posted (edited)

I genuinely do not understand the massive hatred that exists towards gender critical feminists/so-called "TERF"s. Obviously there are people who just mindlessly bash transexuals which I don't agree with, but from what I have seen a lot of them are just feminists who point out that biological sex is a thing and that throughout history, women are and have been oppressed because of their sex (restricted abortion/contraception rights, period shaming, FGM et cetera). A lot of the issues they bring up are also legitimate issues, such as gender dysphoric/gender non conforming children being forced/pushed to transition (fun fact: childhood gender dysphoria is more closely linked with homosexuality) or "cis" women being expected to give up sex-segregated spaces like prisons and degraded to things like "uterus bearers", "menstruators" and "non-men" (strangely there doesn't seem to be as much pressure to rename "cis" men "testicle bearers", "sperm ejaculators" or "non-women"). I didn't pay much attention to them until a few months ago (mostly because I don't identify as a radical feminist) but then I actually started looking into what they were saying and thought to myself "That's it?". The way some people describe them makes it sound like they're on-par with incels which the majority of the time isn't true.

while i, personally, don't care for feminist issues, i agree. i think TERF's don't deserve hate . because if i'm gonna play devil's advocate and look through a feminist lens, yes, it makes absolute sense to be critical gender identity and such when advocating women's rights.

not to say i think it's okay to hate on trans women or constantly call them men, but if you're going to be a feminist you kind of... have to face the facts that... well, trans women are different from biological women. the experiences they face are COMPLETELY different. and a really hard pill or people to swallow is the fact many trans women, for a good chunk of their life, experienced it as a male. yes they had their own struggles, but it is different than that of a women. not saying either is worse than the other, just that they are DIFFERENT. 

i can understand why terfs would be annoyed with trans women who push themselves into discussions about female rights. and i can understand the frustration of being pushed out of SJW discussions simply because they don't want to play pretend and ignore scientific facts. 

remember when riley dennis said that lesbians not being interested in trans women may be from some sort of transphobic conditioning? yeah, if i were a terf i wouldn't take well to that either. actually, i don't need to be one. i'm a lesbian and i understand the concept of not finding people attractive.

so imagine how you would feel, thinking you're in a space that advocates women's rights and advocates not making women feel coerced into things that make them uncomfortable... then 'feminist' girls like riley come along and say dumb shit like that. 

idk, that's just something i think SJWs often drop the ball on. they stand for things and don't enforce it logically/fairly. terfs shouldn't be excluded from the conversation just because they are not willing to overlook certain things.

Edited by jadedotgif

Posted

Speaking of these trash meme channels. 

Tf is up with the jojo videos recently??? Did people forget she's still a fucking kid? The 3 points people criticize her for over an over again:

1. She acts younger than she is (duh her audience is way younger, she's basically a brand that's why she does this: To make more money than you probably are)

2. Her daidfjaidfisdhius intro's (these people are probably not even watching her videos? I'm not cuz why tf should I watch video made for 7 yos)

3. Her hairline (That's her own fucking problem)

I don't give a fuck about this girl but the internet is just getting more garbage by day. People need to remember they are still making fun of a god damn 15 year old. 

Ikr?? Also about her height, like who cares about her height? There's no reason to shit on her for that. I wonder if she's starting to feel insecure because of these "memes". It's almost as if the entire internet jumped on some kind of hate train against her.

Posted

I didn't care for/necessarily agree with the backlash and was actually really excited to watch it. But I just watched the first two episodes and it seems really bad to me. I love a good cheesy/ overly dramatic show (hi riverdale) but the characters in insatiable are just stupid, especially Debby Ryan's character. I just can't feel sorry for her because she is so poorly written. But that's just me.

Does the series get better? Is it worth watching more?

the first 5 episodes were honestly a bit boring especially with her crush but after that it just becomes a big mess and i love it but honestly Patty’s character just makes me want to die

Posted (edited)

Edited by Fleet Admiral Yang Wenli

Posted

I'm not a feminist or anything else. I'd rather not delve too deep in political stuff. But lately I'm reading about men's issues from time to time and it's kinda depressing and sad. I feel like not enough people are aware of these issues. 

Posted

It just irks my soul when someone is like 'omg spill the tea sis/yaaaas the tea has been spilled/bring in the receipts!!

I don't find it cool, it's just annoying and most of the time, that's not even 'tea'. That's just that person spilling their own opinion without any 'receipts'. You have to be at least a teen to say those stuffs which also lets me know ur underage on this site.