• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7404 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

-He joked about grabbing women by the pussy

-demonizing journalists and media as it could increase risk of violence against them, he then went on a 15 minute rant about the horrible evil media and fake news

-Separated children from their parents at the border

-Said Ireland was part of the UK (it's been an independent country for almost 100 years)

-Had an affair months after Melania gave birth

-Introduced xenophobic travel ban targeting only Muslim-majority countries

-Started trade war which is hurting farmers and is now proposing a 12 billion dollar bailout plan

-Called African nations, Haiti, and El Salvador shitholes

-Wants to be best buddies with Kim Jong Un and Putin

-Has played golf 135 times since becoming president which has cost US taxpayers millions of dollars

-Claimed Mexicans are rapists that bring drugs and crime to the US

-Advised French president Macron to leave the EU for a better trade deal

-Has made over 3000 false or misleading claims on twitter since taking office 

-Said the people of Montenegro are very aggressive and could start world war 3

-Withdrew US from Paris Climate Agreement and UN Human Rights Council

-Thinks Crimea should be part of Russia because they speak Russian there despite the fact that Russia annexed Crimea in 2014 and it's internationally recognised as being part of Ukraine

-Has been accused of sexual misconduct by at least 19 women since the 1980s

-Called climate change a hoax in 2015

-Said if Ivanka wasn't his daughter he'd perhaps be dating her

1.-He joked about grabbing women by the pussy - its called, LOCKER ROOM TALK and he just said it at the wrong time, Its the same degrading things both gender say about each other in schools  in locker rooms when surrounded by females or males because they know they're both comfortable with speaking about their sexual desires despite them being disrespectful.

2.Wants to be best buddies with Kim Jong Un and Putin- So people are afraid of WW3 and are Afraid that 3 of the most powerful countries that hold nuclear weapons that if used against each other could destroy our planet, Are becoming friends with each other? LMAO

3. demonizing journalists and media as it could increase risk of violence against them, he then went on a 15 minute rant about the horrible evil media and fake news - and ? who cares hes right. Fake news and the media are evil, Like I said people eat into whatever the media gives them, For example you saying that  trump called Haitia and over countries a shit hole, which has never been proven. like I said NOBODY does research 

"On Thursday, Trump reportedly grew angry during a meeting about protections for immigrants from several countries, and asked: “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” the guardian article

keyword "REPORTEDLY" Which means according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true). There has been no evidence that he said Haitian is a shithole or african countries in general.

3. Claimed Mexicans are rapists that bring drugs and crime to the US - Have you not seen the state of mexico ? And wow, as what every person who hates trump does you changed his words he said "“They’re sending people who have lots of problems and they’re bringing their problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.” He never said Mexicans are rapists he said the people coming in, some were rapists, bringing in drugs and some were good people, And it's true, Mexico is known for gang violence and it's drug cartel and these bad people are ruining it for the good ones , Look at the bigger picture?

4.Advised French president Macron to leave the EU for a better trade deal - Don't understand why that's worth hating trump for unless youre in france yourself and do not want to leave the EU , Its a risky decision as they're one of the highest exporter's though.

5.-Has been accused of sexual misconduct by at least 19 women since the 1980s - Allegedly, and nothing has been proven up to this day, If anything he's innocent until proven guilty.

6.-  If you're upset that he ignorantly said that Ireland is apart of the UK, You need to grow the hell up lol

The things I dont quote I most likely agree with.

Edited by dreams

Posted

If you brag about being 'on the right side of history', something tells me you're actually not.... 

something also tells me you're egotistical. :/ 

Posted

Unpopular Beauty/Makeup Opinions. Warning, long:

-I feel like Fenty Beauty is running out of ideas since the hype train died. 

-In a perfect world, I would love to support Jeffree Star. His makeup brand looks really good and he seems honest about quality and handling his business. Plus I do find his YouTube entertaining. But I can't 100 percent back him because he has hostile moments towards his own fans sometimes, so I'm just watching from the sidelines and hoping he'll improve on that. 

-Might get downvoted for this: I still think what Jackie did to Petty Paige was messed up but she's getting a pass because people tiptoe around her in fear of being labeled a racist. No, when you mess up, you mess up, even if you helped to expand a shade range. 

-There haven't been any new releases that have excited me lately tbh. I just look and I go...great another palette that highkey looks like something I already own. 

- I'm glad liquid lipsticks are dying as a trend. 

-Beauty gurus need to stop using their ring lights when doing foundation reviews. It completely skews the review because it doesn't look like that irl.

-I don't see the point in buying a beauty blender anymore. 20 dollars for a sponge? No.

-K beauty is getting really boring to me. 

-I never understood the sudden hate for the Tarts Shape tape foundation shade range when the concealer also didn't have a broad range? 

-James Charles actually seems quite talented and creative but he keeps putting his foot in his mouth.

-Pat McGrath products look amazing but they're disgustingly expensive. 

-I don't think Manny MUA or Laura Lee deserve a makeup line...but Wayne Goss does (does he have one? Someone lmk).

-Kylie cosmetics is a joke, and I'm not just saying that because it's Kylie. Her products are actual crap but she has a large fanbase and it's the only reason why she keeps afloat. There's no reason to have that many collections. It's like there's one for every little thing. I won't be surprised if she comes out with a "I slept in my bed today" collection. 

-I'm tired of celebrities trying to start YouTube channels for makeup. It's so weird to me. 

-Not every SFX makeup artist is good just because it's SFX. They can be subpar too.

-I want to see more alternative style makeup at the forefront. I'm tired of glam/Insta looks. 

Might be more when I think of some, but these are the ones I can think of for now. 

Posted

Why the fuck are people instantly labeled a "role model" when they have a lot of social media followers? They just posted some pictures and videos and now they should act like perfect robots 24/7 or they are a bad role model and having a bad influence on their "young impressionable fans". This is bullshit. Influencers are just people brands can put ads on because they're either likable, have a great style or have some other profitable quality. It doesn't mean anything more than that, if you're going to complain about bad influences you should head over to insta accs of tween girls sexualizing themselves or people glamorizing drug abuse or whatever. People have also been comparing themselves to beautiful women in media ever since media was invented. Social media isn't going to change because it's big business and big money now. It's ridiculous to expect someone to act like a role model because you bought the cute jeans she wore or used the face cream she recommended. The only real influence these people have is you buying shit. Being insecure about something or some part of yourself is inevitable and you can't blame others. 

Rant over.

Posted

Unpopular Beauty/Makeup Opinions. Warning, long:

-I feel like Fenty Beauty is running out of ideas since the hype train died. 

- I'm glad liquid lipsticks are dying as a trend. 

-Beauty gurus need to stop using their ring lights when doing foundation reviews. It completely skews the review because it doesn't look like that irl.

-I don't see the point in buying a beauty blender anymore. 20 dollars for a sponge? No.

-K beauty is getting really boring to me. 

-Pat McGrath products look amazing but they're disgustingly expensive. 

-Kylie cosmetics is a joke, and I'm not just saying that because it's Kylie. Her products are actual crap but she has a large fanbase and it's the only reason why she keeps afloat. There's no reason to have that many collections. It's like there's one for every little thing. I won't be surprised if she comes out with a "I slept in my bed today" collection. 

-I'm tired of celebrities trying to start YouTube channels for makeup. It's so weird to me. 

-I want to see more alternative style makeup at the forefront. I'm tired of glam/Insta looks. 

I agree with all of ur points!!! The pat mcgrath one kinda justifies the price point since she's been in this makeup game for like a long time and her products are incredible. Would pay that than kylie jenner's ridiculous makeup line that aren't even pigmented and scams the living hell out of her 'fans'. 

Also to add, I don't get why ppl use mascara then add false lashes for an everyday makeup look. Or if they review a mascara and then add false lashes after wards. That ain't a review my love. 

Posted

SJW's and Anti SJW's are both annoying but I feel like the term "SJW" is just a buzzword nowadays

I used to be in the "Hetalia" fandom but even I can admit that the fandom was toxic

James Corden and Graham Norton are overrated 

I don't get the appeal of weddings,pubs and generic night clubs 

Big Hero 6 is underrated

The 1975 make good music but they're a bit basic 

British sitcoms weren't as good as they used to be 

the hate on asexuals is pointless

Posted

nonbinary is not trans.

don't get me wrong, I think they're valid and can identify as whatever they like, but they're not trans. they're just not. there's no transition.

i do feel like a lot of the NOISY nbs who try to push that they're part of the trans community are just the most PLAIN people who werent quite gay and weren't quite trans so they force their way into a special oppressed minority to be a part of the oppression olympics. Except, imo, trans people actually ARE oppressed and mistreated, that's why it PISSES ME OFF when spoiled nonbinaries who live in progressive towns, states, places (usually expensive) get all this access to hormones n shit, despite no desire to transition, meanwhile actual trans people who probably a) can't afford it or b) is in a situation where they can't access it are just going to have to put up with it

and I know, just because someone doesn't has money and opportunities doesn't mean those that do have to suffer. It just seems like a slap in the face sometimes?

idk this isn't me shading nonbinaries, I said they are valid. It costs nothing to respect their identity. but it's fucked up how deeply many of them are trying to forcr the attention onto themselves and equate their situation with the likes of trans people.

Posted

nonbinary is not trans.

don't get me wrong, I think they're valid and can identify as whatever they like, but they're not trans. they're just not. there's no transition.

i do feel like a lot of the NOISY nbs who try to push that they're part of the trans community are just the most PLAIN people who werent quite gay and weren't quite trans so they force their way into a special oppressed minority to be a part of the oppression olympics. Except, imo, trans people actually ARE oppressed and mistreated, that's why it PISSES ME OFF when spoiled nonbinaries who live in progressive towns, states, places (usually expensive) get all this access to hormones n shit, despite no desire to transition, meanwhile actual trans people who probably a) can't afford it or b) is in a situation where they can't access it are just going to have to put up with it

and I know, just because someone doesn't has money and opportunities doesn't mean those that do have to suffer. It just seems like a slap in the face sometimes?

idk this isn't me shading nonbinaries, I said they are valid. It costs nothing to respect their identity. but it's fucked up how deeply many of them are trying to forcr the attention onto themselves and equate their situation with the likes of trans people.

I hate people who identify as a nonbinary trans-female because that doesn't make a lick of sense. You can't be both. 

Posted (edited)

I hate people who identify as a nonbinary trans-female because that doesn't make a lick of sense. You can't be both. 

As a nonbinary person these people piss me off. Although I am lucky in my country you don't have to pay for sex change surgeries, it is just annoying of people trying to force themselves into that space.

Edited by Pusheen
Forgot a detail

Posted

The March of the Black Queen>Bohemian Rhapsody

Posted

It is annoying that the Melanie Martinez thread has become a hug box for her.

Simply_Kenna has a good aesthetic.

Posted

Yesss,you cant even say anything bad about her on that thread without getting mass downvoted by her fans.

Posted (edited)

I think the Myers Briggs personalities quiz is so dumb. And I go 9_9 anytime I see someone taking them so seriously and putting their "type" on their social media accounts and discussing/mentioning them every damn time. like anybody gives a shit if you are fjfjdhjt type.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

This is just my opinion but I'm tired of seeing people on social media using their mental illness as an excuse to beg for money??? There's government assistance that you could apply for and get some help from that and theres even food banks too. Like I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and I still force myself to wake up everyday to go to work because if I don't take care of myself then who will? And idk it just really irks me when people just want free easy money by getting people to pity them because they use their mental illness as an excuse. 

Posted

I thought it was just me.
it started to piss me off as well.