• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9185 posts in this topic

Posted

Watching Bubz these last few years makes me so happy I'm never having children. 

Posted

• you can not be aro/ace as a teenager. It is completely freaking normal to feel this way before you're an adult.
  • and demisexual is so much bull can tumblr just stop....
  • oh and you can't have made up your mind 100% about not having kids while still a teenager or young adult.

Posted

• Brave is better then Frozen. And I'm sad that it doesn't get enough love. It's soooo beautiful and I had a hard time not to cry at the end. Ugh. 

Posted

black people and foundation colours;

dear black people. stop playing victim on this issue. if you can not find a dark foundation because of racism in the makeup world then why cant i find a light one? is that too racism? no so suck it up it sucks to both be white(im not even pale im standard white...) and to be dark skinned so stop pretending like all the makeup was made for white girls.

most foundations are for light tan to dark tan colour people. 

again: THIS IS NOT A RACIAL ISSUE STOP FUCKING PRETENDING TO BE VICTIMS OF RACISM CUS U CANT FIND UR TONE IN FOUNDATION

Posted

• Brave is better then Frozen. And I'm sad that it doesn't get enough love. It's soooo beautiful and I had a hard time not to cry at the end. Ugh. 

I have never watched either in my life. I feel like I'm not missing out on anything if I skip Frozen entirely.

• I don't think Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner are special. They're pretty, yes, but in a very average way. imo Kendall is almost an exact copy of Kris when she was younger. It's a shame Mama Jenner botched her face so much with surgery, when she actually wasn't a bad looking woman herself.
  • Kale is gross.
  • I hate wearing my hair open because getting hair in my face is like, the worst sensation ever.
  • Love Vin Diesel as an actor, but he's not attractive nor is he hot.
  • I prefer tap water over overpriced bottled water. I'm not paying for a name to look cool any edgy.

Posted

- The whole "plus-size model" thing. I'm not talking about the beautiful women who advertise for dress sizes that are a UK 12 and up (which tends to be considered "plus size" here). I'm talking about any morbidly obese girl who can do some semblance of pin-up girl makeup and create an Instagram account to use it as a way to body-shame people who are smaller and slimmer. The fact is it is unhealthy to be so severely overweight. Don't pretend like it isn't because you have no self control. You're putting a strain on our health service.

- Stop making the 90's vintage. It's really not that long ago. Like I don't give a s**t that you still have your Gen 1 Game Boy. Over it.

- I feel like people segregate themselves and it can exacerbate an issue. Example: why is there a black music awards? Can you not just rock up at the general music awards? Pretty sure Beyonce wins something like, every year. Another example: the goth community. I am wholeheartedly sure that they deal out more abuse to others than they actually get in return.

- Having an anxiety disorder seems to be commonplace now, to the point where it's actually hard to weed out the genuine people and signpost them to the right services because Little Miss Needsattention is having a "panic attack" over here and needs to alert Tumblr to it.

(Frozen is a good film but there are dozens better. I am proud to say I did not wait 90 minutes in the line for Anna and Elsa at Disney World because I preferred to waste 40 minutes in the line for Ariel.) 

Posted

- Having an anxiety disorder seems to be commonplace now, to the point where it's actually hard to weed out the genuine people and signpost them to the right services because Little Miss Needsattention is having a "panic attack" over here and needs to alert Tumblr to it.

YES OMG. I got this annoying ass SJW bitch in my class(seated.right.next.to.me) and she says(completely seriously) that over 90% of teenagers today have an anxiety disorder.

I was kinda sitting there like o h o k a y

Posted

black people and foundation colours;

dear black people. stop playing victim on this issue. if you can not find a dark foundation because of racism in the makeup world then why cant i find a light one? is that too racism? no so suck it up it sucks to both be white(im not even pale im standard white...) and to be dark skinned so stop pretending like all the makeup was made for white girls.

most foundations are for light tan to dark tan colour people. 

again: THIS IS NOT A RACIAL ISSUE STOP FUCKING PRETENDING TO BE VICTIMS OF RACISM CUS U CANT FIND UR TONE IN FOUNDATION

I understand stand that this is your opinion, however when it comes to darker shades most brands have about 5 to 6 shades at most for black women. Although now a days most companies are starting to branch out in shade ranges. It is still very hard to find the right shade. Especially with tones that range From Kerri Washington to Lupita  which is a big stretch. Compared to most makeup companies the majority still cater to lighter tones. I've heard various claims that it's because of the formula to produce is difficult or that the market isn't there etc.Theres a difference of having 10 and up options than having 5-6 options for choosing a foundation. And at a time unfortunately it was racism that did halt the production of make up for women of darker skin tones.In conclusion, make up is improving rapidly as a whole. I don't mean to be preachy or what not I just wanted you hear my verdict on this issue since I'm black and I just hope that this clears some things up. If any case the lady's who were complaining maybe don't know where to go to find the right brand or were having a bad day.

Posted

I understand stand that this is your opinion, however when it comes to darker shades most brands have about 5 to 6 shades at most for black women. Although now a days most companies are starting to branch out in shade ranges. It is still very hard to find the right shade. Especially with tones that range From Kerri Washington to Lupita  which is a big stretch. Compared to most makeup companies the majority still cater to lighter tones. I've heard various claims that it's because of the formula to produce is difficult or that the market isn't there etc.Theres a difference of having 10 and up options than having 5-6 options for choosing a foundation. And at a time unfortunately it was racism that did halt the production of make up for women of darker skin tones.In conclusion, make up is improving rapidly as a whole. I don't mean to be preachy or what not I just wanted you hear my verdict on this issue since I'm black and I just hope that this clears some things up. If any case the lady's who were complaining maybe don't know where to go to find the right brand or were having a bad day.

I agree

I am as fair as it can be and I too have a difficult time finding foundation. But where we can draw the line here too, is the fact that some drugstores dont even carry the range of color up to the darker complexions for foundations AND concealers (at least here in the drugstores in Canada). I came to this  realisation a few weeks back with my friend as we were looking around and we didnt see any foundations going darker than medium tan. And when I went to grab my concealer I checked if there was any darker shades than light ..but no. I dont know if the brands are to blame or its the actual drugstores who refuse to carry them (maybe they dont sell wtf ?). But for me its still absolutely crazy

Posted

I agree with you 100% about the veganism. What irks me is that they swear up and down it is as healthy or healthier but it just isn't. There are things you can only get from animal products.

I think that the reason these opinions don't seem unpopular is because the people in this forum are fairly like-minded. On tumbr we would all get crucified for these opinions lol.

Veganism isn't specifically healthier, since you have vegan junk food, but if you actually look into it the less meat (same with eggs, dairy etc.) you eat the healthier you become. (almost every single health/nutrition/diet organization/association agrees that veganism is healthier than the Standard american diet) You have to eat tiny portions (of animal products yes even fish) to stay in the RDA maybe if you want to become a little more educated look up Methionine, (1 of the 9 amino acids, but you can thrive without it but cancer cells are not able to survive without it) animal protein/casein (the main protein found in milk) the effect saturated fat has on the human body, glucose/carbohydrates and its benefits to humans (primarily the brain) or either look up Kerry McCarpet/McCarthy (youtube) she's amazing on this subject. and yes there are a few things you can't get from plants but those things are most likely not even beneficial (creatine, cholesterol etc.)

Posted (edited)

- i really dont get the hype about kpop it kindda feels weird for me to watch or listen to it

- that thick brow trend looks like a sharpie in my opinion id rather have natural looking clean brows

- insagrammers Looks so basic and the same

- when people say they are half when in fact they are not ( how the heck does it make you cool)

- people pretending they have mental illness please stop :(

- eating raw food like you know the japanese and koreans do eating live octopuses it irks me 

- that daddy kink..

- when you're 30 and trynna act like a teen grow up ;_;

- i dislike the color brown LOL

- i looovew pineapple's on my pizza yum

- i dip my fries into my sundae ( its very delicious) 

- i hATE kids they are very annoying

- cats over dogs i mean THEY ARE CUTE AND EVIL

- Harambe meme is not funny anymore

:alpacabored:

Edited by Kuro-neko

Posted

yeah i understand. and i agree that there are way too few darker foundations. its just when people call it racism that i get annoyed because like mac has a total of like 2 pale foundation shades and maybe 3 dark foundation shades. 

so dont get me wrong here i fully get what you mean, its just the "racism!!1!11!" part im angered by

Posted

Hidden Content

You can't get enough vitamin D, K2, B12 or iron on a vegan diet. Trust me, I tried. These things you have to get from animal products to get them naturally. I spend a lot of time outside and got plenty of sun exposure but still had a major Vitamin D deficiency that cause serious issues. I became anemic and ended up having to take many supplements to stay healthy.

It is also difficult to get sufficient protein. You have to heavily rely on protein powders and shakes, as well as artificial meats which are heavily processed and contain a lot of wheat and filler. And if you are very active or hope to build any muscle, going vegan is a bad idea. You are going to have to break down and eat some chicken or fish eventually, since athletic lifestlyes just require so much protein. Or you could chug like 50 protein shakes a day, I guess. But drinking more than 3 per day made me feel sick so I wouldn't recommend that.

Soy is also used a lot as a meat substitute which causes hormone issues with many people, since it is so high in estrogen. It is also not the most environmentally friendy food, and since many vegans care dearly about the environment this causes issues as well.

If you are allergic/intolerant to gluten or have celiac, you are out of luck. Most vegan foods that contain protein or the added vitamins you need have wheat. And the gluten free foods that are also vegan taste like actual cardboard and have similar nutritional value. This ended up being the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I was told I had to stop eating gluten and I got tired of being hungry all the time. 

Yes, there are issues with animal product eating diets as well. Red meat is a known carcinogen. However, alcohol has an even higher risk of causing cancer and other health issues and is the 4th leading cause of death in the US, yet I do not see people preaching as much about that. 

The reality is that most people do not eat healthy, no matter what their diet. However, even if it is possible to be technically "healthy" on a vegan diet, it is virtually impossible without supplements and processed foods, which in my opinion is not really "healthy" and certainly not more natural.

The diet you were describing was not really vegan, it sounded more pescetarian or maybe vegetarian, which includes some animal products. I agree people do need to eat less meat and animal products and rely on more balanced diets in general. I personally do not eat red meat anymore and eat significantly less meat and animal products than most. I just think you have to find the right balance.

After experiencing a vegan diet for myself and knowing many vegans, I have seen first hand the issues it can cause and the lies that we tried to tell ourselves. At this point, I simply cannot recommend this diet and refuse to believe it is truly healthy. But if it is what you want to do,  then that is fine. It is your life. But I stand by my unpopular opinion lol.

Posted

- i buy from lime crime and Jeffrey star they are both us based  this means they don't underpay for crazy hours like most large companies do to save money by branching out into 3rd world conturies I support indie brands and their products are high quality 

Posted

• I think aminya(i think that how you spell it) de Jean is a terrible person and has a terrible personality 
  • Hot topic hasn't been good since 2008
  • Melanie martinez is a overated 
  • Azelea Banks just need to go away she beat her career to death already 
  • Game grump is overrated
  • Married people and kids/ Married people with kids can FUCK OFF 
  • VR is just a cash grab
  • if i choose not to forgive someone dont force me to "make peace" or "be nice" to them if they are going through a hard time they can fuck off
  • Furries are fucking weird
  • Pastel hair is fucking DEAD we get it your "egdy as fuck" or "Trying to be different"  But now its just fucking dead.
  • I hate those people who post "Choke me daddy/Mommy" 
  • Im hoping evanesence (if they do keep their word) when they do put out a new album its better than their last because their last one was kinda meh. it had a few good songs but the open door was better.
  • Cosplayers need to chill the fuck out not all are going to make it big.