• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9170 posts in this topic

Posted

Theres several users who use fonts lmao 

yeah I just thought it was funny you posted that under @Pusheen

Posted

there's also that squiggly font on some phones, and it's so tiny yet messy i honestly just am too much of a pussy to straight up tell them to quit that bullshit on some threads looool

YES i hate this stupid travel font that people use.

(not my screenshots i wouldn't touch any of those fonts)

images.png

Posted

I'm not sure if I understand the hype for Billie Eilish. Maybe I just haven't heard a song of hers that I like yet? ...But when she said "Alright dude, go trip over a knife" in My Boy I cringed. 

Posted

24K Magic is better than Uptown Funk.

Posted

I hate kpop spreading on Spain, every kpop fan I meet now is a kboo :douge:

Posted (edited)

2 genders

only

Edited by weiji

Posted

• But why should white people recognize an error they didn't commit? Literally none of my ancestors ever owned slaves, yet I somehow should feel bad over an action I didn't commit? I don't condone it in any way but my point is that you shouldn't expect white people to take responsibility on something they didn't partake in. If people started calling all black people criminals because the majority of incarcerated people are black, the same people who blame current white people for slavery would be pissed, and rightfully so. What I'm trying to say is that the actions of some people from a particular race shouldn't reflect on the whole race. And while I agree that things will likely never be perfect, arguing about the past isn't going to help much. We can either dwell on what happened or work together as a human race to be more unified and to make sure that the mistakes we did before dont happen again.

And my point about cultural appropriation was that if someone wears something from another culture it's not a bad thing and not always appropriation unless they disrespespect or take credit for said thing. And if they are appropriating educating them is always better than attacking. Most of the time criticism crosses the line between being constructive and being destructive. 

Also, just to clarify that most of this is just expanding my view further to explain it better. Not trying to fight with you or attack you at all. If you think I'm wrong we can agree to disagree.

Okay, so the thing with what I meant by 'errors' was about the things that white people do today that is derivative from the past that affects them, no matter where their family lineage lies. If you fit the image North America/Europe deems as white, you will probably have participated in the system that the other white people have set in place (from the past). Make no mistake; I'm not accusing anyone in this time we live in now. I'm saying that the playing field was never fair from the start, and people have been on the rise to correct that. 

And that's also a good point you brought up, because black people also have to face facts that are hard to accept; most men in prisons are black. Most crimes against black people are done by black people. Most black people don't buy from black brands. But I think it's idiotic to not seek the reasons why these are realities-- and the answer to that is from the past. As much as people would like to admit it or not.

And I agree with you're cultural appropriation point. It's well said. :) (Yeah, I hope it doesn't sound like I'm attacking you either. Just clarifying what I meant.)

Posted

I'm not sure if I understand the hype for Billie Eilish. Maybe I just haven't heard a song of hers that I like yet? ...But when she said "Alright dude, go trip over a knife" in My Boy I cringed. 

tbh i haven't been able to get into her music because of her personality. she's so arrogant and tryhard.

Posted (edited)

Eurovision is really lame . 

Also I like Jessica Mauboy my friends hate her but I think she's really pretty and has a nice voice. Dunno how unpopular this one is

I don't get the appeal of Danganronpa or Persona. 

I hate how phones are becoming fucking giant, bruh I need that shit to fit in my pocket, I have had the same phone for like 4 years and its dying on me but all the new ones I look at are fucking huge. 

I hate the beach. It's gross. 

I think cats are just as affectionate as dogs and I really hate those 'cats are assholes' memes, my cats are sweet little muffins :alpacacrush:

Edited by Sparklefist

Posted

I feel kinda sad that fandoms can take a huge control over how a person would believe a certain media will be. I love shows like Steven Universe and Rick and Morty but I never interact with the fandom at all, before/after the two shows got big. I think people should just get into something because of actual personal interest in the media itself. It's so weird how people can be so turned off by a certain media because of something the creators don't have any or most control over. I usually never interact with fandoms because I don't my something I like to be spoiled or I just don't want to get into the hype of things.

When Undertale first came out, I got into the hype/fandom for the first time and that was honestly a huge mistake from me. I didn't even like the game and that experience told me that I should be getting into things because of my interest. I would never bought that game in the first place if it wasn't for the hype/fandom. 

I just never understood this mentality of fandoms and people who go to fandoms and form their own opinion on a media from that. From what I've seen and studied, every fandom is horrible and the good ones are usually small but even I saw some bad small fandoms before. 

Posted (edited)

24K Magic is better than Uptown Funk.

Anything is better than Uptown Funk.

I completely agree. Her songs are boring and her whole *aesthetic* is very dull.

Edited by truecolours
glitch made my comment post twice

Posted

I don't understand how the ESC is still getting so hyped and how people enjoy it. This was fun ten years ago, but now it's plain boring. Maybe if you really lower your standards for music, this can be an enjoyable three hours, but I really know better things to do with my time.

It just makes me feel lonely because I have no one to watch it with and my country's acts suck hard every year (regular last places)...

Posted (edited)

I don't understand how the ESC is still getting so hyped and how people enjoy it. This was fun ten years ago, but now it's plain boring. Maybe if you really lower your standards for music, this can be an enjoyable three hours, but I really know better things to do with my time.

It just makes me feel lonely because I have no one to watch it with and my country's acts suck hard every year (regular last places)...

I watch it because it's so bad its entertaining but yeah the music is awful, including the winning songs. 

Edited by LunaMoon

Posted

I watch it because it's so bad its entertaining but yeah the music is awful, including the winning songs. My country usually doesn't even qualify for the finals lol so cheer up haha.

I don't find it bad enough to be fun to watch, honestly. I hate boring European radio pop and this is all the ESC is nowadays. It's not worth it for me for the two or three weird songs.

Posted (edited)

I don't get why you need to join a fandom if you like a certain show or anything in media, the "leaving a fandom because of toxic enviroment" stories is funny as hell to me, I also don't get why would people automatically assume you are in that fandom just because you like a show or anything nowadays, the word toxic is overused because they are mostly used to manipulate anyone into hating themselves and what they love.

Also don't get the shipping things, I mean people who took them seriously and those who actively hate it tremendously, unless it's confirmed by the author or anyone who made them, it's just imaginations and games, another thing is when people find out shipping real people is a thing, most are disgust and surprised by it, why? Authors have done it since forever, Pocahontas and John Smith are the one to come to mind, I don't like the Disney movie because both of them are bland but for some reason that is allowed, is it double standard or does the value of that person decrease after they die for many centuries? Idk anything anymore man

Edited by Cherrydoe
I edited this back cause I was on mobile and I thought I edited another comment sorry