• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9155 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't understand this 'non-gender' way of wanting to raise a kid - are you prepared to explain exactly what their genitals are used for? "Here's Atone - they have a vagina, but I'm not going to let it define them!" well, great, but doctors still need to know, and it's still relatively important for minor details, like puberty. I just...I get it. Let's let kids be kids. Let Timmy wear/do what makes him feel comfortable. Just don't force your ideals on a sponge who doesn't know better because Sponge hasn't developed critical thinking skills yet. 

this is so true. kids don't have any concern about that stuff yet, and forcing that, and "pronouns" and whatnot to boot on them at such a young age is insane.

i steadfastly standby the idea that parents shouldn't force their sociopolitical agendas down their kids throats, period. the kid should be allowed to have his or her own life instead of being forced to follow their parents line of thinking. i also feel like the lot of parents wholl try and force their kids to be like them are narcissistic as f anyway. personally, my mother was like that and simultaneously an abusive bitch for not befitting her view of what she wanted me to be, so i actually really abhor that "parenting style".

Edited by freesomebody

Posted

A lot of those parents are just deep conservatives with sexist and homophobic beliefs who want to get attention for having a special~ child. And by special~ I don't mean a boy who likes to play with colours and wear skirts because omg that would be embarrassing and the kid may even be gay :o or a girl who cares more about climbing trees and adventure than clothes and make up and shaving her legs because omg that's embarrassing and she might even grow up to be a nasty dyke :o.

Noooo, they have a special~ child whose soul was put in the "wrong body" by the evil forest witch!

See, it makes so much more sense than being a feminine boy or a gutsy girl! It makes so much more sense to teach your kid that they can't be a real boy/girl because they like "wrong toys" and "wrong clothes", and that their bodies are horrible mistakes that need to be surgically fixed !

As a lesbian, I have been on the receiving end of so much sexist nonsense from my mother and the wider family/community because I refused to play along with their outdated expectations of what a "normal girl" was supposed to look and act like. And it scares me to think that if I had been born in America, my perfectly normal behaviour (ignoring the "boys don't like girls who:" comments because guess what - I am gay and I don't care about what dumb boys like or dislike 9_9. hell, even straight girls can tell when dumb sexist comments are dumb and sexist and rebel) would have been taken as a sign that I am not a "real girl", that I "want to be a boy" and need to be medicated and fixed because if I can't be forced into being a sugar and spice stereotype I have to be forced into believing I an a man. 

Posted (edited)

Some more came to my mind:

-I really hate being a city girl

I know I should be considering myself lucky to live in a big city with skyscrapers and such but..I really hate it.

Growing up my mom didnt really let me take the subway and go downtown. But years passed by and now I am a full grown adult and I can go wherever I want...aaand I came to a realization that city life sucks .Every time I take the subway, I get that anxious feeling when I look around me. People starring into space  waiting to get to their stop and other walking super fast to get their errands done. It all seem so unnatural and sad to me. Even downtown when I look around I always feel awful, maybe it because it makes me realize how fast life goes by and how vain and empty it can get.

Really, it makes me so depressed so when I get home after that I always do stuff that I enjoy to slow down the tempo of my whole day, if it makes any sense?

-I hate how certain people like to create themselves a special personality. You know the ones who think they are sooo special compared to anyone. Snowflake symptoms 101. For example, there was one girl I recall that was complaining to me of how forgetful she was. I proceeded to tell her that she wasn't alone and really it wasn't that bad (which really was the case). But of course being the self entitled girl she was, she had to say how it only happens to her and that her case is far worse. Its a little example but you get what type of people I am referring to. 9_9

Edited by zakka

Posted

-I hate how certain people like to create themselves a special personality. You know the ones who think they are sooo special compared to anyone. Snowflake symptoms 101. For example, there was one girl I recall that was complaining to me of how forgetful she was. I proceeded to tell her that she wasn't alone and really it wasn't that bad (which really was the case). But of course being the self entitled girl she was, she had to say how it only happens to her and that her case is far worse. Its a little example but you get what type of people I am referring to. 9_9

Mary Sue syndrome! 

Posted

- Panda's are not cute... imo. They seem rather annoying tbh. 

Posted

-I don't mind people with mental illness but sometimes it rubs me off the wrong way when they list all their mental illness on their profile description

-I hate people who immediately judge other people based on things that they enjoy

Posted (edited)

Feminism isn't relevant to the western world anymore. Unless feminists shifted the focus to abortion rights or something like that, instead of fighting for their 19298283 genders to be recognized 

Edited by SinB

Posted (edited)

I don't want to offend anyone, I love PULL, I love the drama here, but:

• I think there are quite a lot of people on PULL who just jump on the bandwagon once they post in a thread, like when person A is like "omg this flake edits this and that for sure, she tries to look like so and so" they will just agree (even try to provide more proof) until another person convinces them that person A's statement is wrong and then they row back. It's not a bad thing to change your opinion, I just get the feeling that the bandwagon people don't even bother to verify a statement before they agree with it. (just my perception/opinion tho)
  • And I think the downvotes are kinda misleading. While I know that's it's also accepted to downvote a post when you simply don't agree with it, a post with lots of downvotes automatically gives me bad vibes and the opinion in there doesn't seem to be equal to other opinions in a thread - which I think is not right, because not always, but sometimes, it's really just an opinion (not worded in an angry manner or anything) that doesn't go with everyone else's opinion on a thread.
Edited by coffeejunkie
corrected some typos, it's pretty late in my timezone already e_e

Posted

-I don't mind people with mental illness but sometimes it rubs me off the wrong way when they list all their mental illness on their profile description

-I hate people who immediately judge other people based on things that they enjoy

Most of them are self-diagnosed and have never actually been tested for such and such illnesses. Whip out Dr. Google, tick the yes boxes of symptoms, and you're good to go. I usually find them on Tumblr, and half the time I don't buy it. As someone who is actually studying in that very field, I feel like it's a trend to say you've got x y z mental illness when in reality, you really don't.

Posted

i feel like this might be a very very unpopular opinion...

i feel like part of the reason why PULL feels like it changed is because of the admin. i really don't mean to throw shade or anything at Nyx, she doing a good job! but her personality contrasts so much with the previous admins like johndoe, TOP, Apple, tokki, etc. Nyx is very polite and respectful (could be why newer users kinda have this sjw vibe, they think because Nyx is respectful, it gives them an OK to get butthurt over offensive things) while the previous admins weren't at all hesitant to call a flake or even a member out (you can see that in momodere, gabbie, strawberry kisu, etc). The past admins also occassionally contribute to threads so this way, members feel relatable and connected to admins. Nyx seems to only post to answer a question or make an announcement which makes users feel somewhat disconnected.  Another thing is that even though BonBonChucked says she's very sarcastic, it's really not as obvious and readable as the previous admins. for example, it seems Nyx jokingly made a tier on patreon, that if someone donates 2k they are promoted to admin, but even me who is fluent in english, the sarcasism wasn't readable.. 

All in all, i appreciate Nyx's hard working but her behavior could be part of the reason why PULL feels like it changed.

Posted (edited)

SJW's = not welcome.

I too believe so to which brings me to another unpopular opinion:

-I feel the need to censor myself on some threads here on pull depending on the way the thread swings towards.But that being said if you go on another thread and the opposite opinion is dominating then the users would go with it. What I am trying to say is that there are a lot of low quality bitching. People run out of things to say so they find it alright to point out things that are straight out not true. (Makes me cringe so bad cause I want to point it out but the dislikes would make my comment invalid, plus I would seem like a sjw when Im not ugh)

What I mean is that some people like to hop on board the hater boat. I saw straight out bullying on ones physical features that was really unjustified. Yes It is interesting to come here and state the black and white of that youtuber or that influencer but sometimes I feel like people are really immature. I really dont like unjustified hatred, its toxic.Plus it derails the thread to nonsense.

I feel thats why some people have negative views of pull and such.

''eww she has a flaky nose''

no shut up contribute to the thread with some juicy new content 

(I dont know if this makes me a sjw which is ironic cause I dont like them, so tell me Im not  )

Edited by zakka

Posted (edited)

My silly unpopular opinions but... 

• "Down with Cis" is the dumbest thing ever.
  • I don't like high-heels so much, or wearing them. They do have some nice shoe designs though.
  • I don't find most guys from any otome games attractive.
  • I don't get why people actually find these awful terrorist jokes and bomb pranks funny. Heck, even some of my friends on Facebook mention those shits too.
  • Philippine teen drama shows nowadays are so unwatchable, most of them just use the same plot and are so cliched.
  • Mixed vegetables are tasty.
  • I also don't get why some artists recreate/draw some light-skinned characters into dark-skinned (or vise versa), and recreate/draw some skinny characters into *coughs* this:

tumblr_oepdd72b2p1srme6wo1_540.png

Edited by Blanche Lapin

Posted

• I also don't get why some artists recreate/draw some light-skinned characters into dark-skinned (or vise versa), and recreate/draw some skinny characters into *coughs* this:

I agree with you so much on this part. I get it, some of them want representation but most of the time they'll force their own headcanons on how a certain character should look etc. and when someone doesn't agree with them, they'll get really angry and attack you for it. I mean I apologize if me disagreeing with you was uncalled for but no need to act childlish and throw a goddamn tantrum.

Posted (edited)

I really agree with this last one so much. It really annoys me how they call it 'realistic proportions' as if everyone looks more like the proportions on the right which quite frankly aren't any more 'realistic' than the image on the left as it is actually more on the chubby side. As someone whose body is more like the image on the left (I'm on the skinnier side) it really irks me how people call proportions like that unrealistic when there are people who have these proportions. It just really annoys me because the person who designed the character can make the character look however they want them to look and shouldn't have to pander to these SJWs who think that the character should look a certain way just so they think it is more realistic when it is a video game/cartoon or whatever to start with so it was never meant to be realistic. :alpacafedup:

Sorry for the rant haha, this is just a topic that has really bothered me recently.

Just thought I'd add some more opinions while they came to my mind:

• I hate how nowadays so many girls cake really thick layers of make-up on and everyone seems to have accepted this as something that is normal and doesn't seem to see how ridiculous it looks. Like I'm sorry, but I just can't see how it looks remotely attractive or how they can look in the mirror at themself and think 'I look really good'. :phftt:
  • On the same note as my last point it really gets on my nerves how some girls go on about how they wear make-up and dress up for themself and not to impress guys, when this clearly isn't the case for some of them. I mean for one of my friends when she goes out with me and my other female friends dresses quite casually and tones down her make-up, yet when she knew our guy friend who she has a crush on was coming with us she suddenly dressed in short shorts and a crop top with her face caked up with make-up. Yeah I believe her and other similar girls, it is clearly not to impress guys... :hmm:
Edited by BionicBumblebee

Posted

I feel like people complain about not liking the way a thread is going, but then were one of the ones who said nothing out of fear of reprisal.  It feels like the real complain is, "I feel my opinion is not popular".  

The only reason I don't always voice a disagreement is because a) I can't be bothered. b) I do disagree but can't give a reason beyond emotion and c) it seems like others just want to vent for a bit.  (Venting isn't always about logic and reason).  

If I really think something needs to be said, I'll say it and I'll make my case for it.  It's not always easy, but at the end of the day are you really going to let online strangers rule your life?  

People need to have a little more courage. Everyone wants people to make it safe and easy to voice their opinions.  We can only be so civil before it has to become censorship of the other side.

The real issue:

I think people hate that they have unpopular opinions.