Things Cosplayers Do That Annoy You

65 posts in this topic

Posted

hey guys, pretty unsure which sub thread to post this too on the general discussion area, so I'd thought I'd go with the broad one 

anyways I've been noticing on other threads of cosplayers people have been saying their general annoyances with them, so with that being said I thought I would create a thread for it, that way we won't get too off topic on other threads 

so my pet peeve is when cosplayers shit on their fanbase or complain about their "fans" recognizing them at cons and stuff, and it's like wtf??? Then why do you have a public account for your cosplay?? It seems super hypocritical to me, like I get getting annoyed or even cringing at what certain fans/people say to you but to make fun of them on multiple posts comes off as you being an ungrateful asshole 

Posted

I get annoyed when an anime/game gets popular and everybody decides to cosplay that same character. There's like 20+ characters and every girl on instgram just decided to costest the same one at the same time?

I have no idea who these characters are but these three girls I see every damn where with costesters:

FREE-SHIPPING-Anime-font-b-Super-b-font-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS95Wh3T7fUmWVQWIjRj_m

yuno-gasai-resized.jpg

Posted

Personally, I don't like it when cosplayers do the same makeup with every cosplay (e.g. winged eyeliner, false lashes and white line drawn on the eyes). 

I also dislike it when they try to act like a certain character is their own and they're the only one who can cosplay the character so perfectly when there are other cosplayers who can do better than them.

Posted

- I hate when they have enough time to block people if they say something they don't like (even if it's nothing wrong, just something they don't agree with it) but they haven't got enough time to like a present (drawings for example) or say thanks.

- I don't like when their personalities changes online-offline. 

When in cons looks like nice but they are stupid on the net and in general.

- I don't like the excessive photoshop, too much selfies, too much ego comments... when their fans photos and their own photos this person looks like a different person..

- I don't like when a cosplayer consider that he/she as a professional cosplayer when his/her mom still help they. Or they don't know what a patron is.

- I hate the new tend of 'male' cosplayers that are transboy, a transboy has gender: masculine but sex: female, so they are lying to their fans, they could say that they are a boy but not 'male', it's a lie. (I have never seen this situation with transgirls, not saying that they don't do it too).

- Sometimes I feel like someone is cosplaying a character just because of it's handsome or beautiful not just because of this person really like it and cosplay for me it's similar to fan art, it has no sense if you are not a fan of the character so why are you cosplaying that character..?

Posted

I hate when you compliment their costumes and their hardwork, and then they skip over your comment for one that points out that their boobs are hanging out. Makes me sick

Posted

This happens more in conventions, but a personal pet peeve is when cosplayers wear shoes that don't match the rest of the outfit at all. Like all these cosplayers with fancy and well made costumes but then....running shoes. i know cosplay shoes can get expensive and comfort is important for conventions but at least don't get shoes that completely look out of place. 

Posted

I dislike it when cosplayers call them Selfs professional and then do the same makeup for every cosplay 

Posted

I think you guys said it all :Alpacaconfused:

I hate when cosplayers take a bunch of low quality selfies and call that a "photoshoot";

When they act like they're famous af, create "Official Fan Pages" for themselves with like under 100likes and call people that like their shit FANS ;

Don't make their own costumes/props and lie about that;

And yeah, sexualizing every single character :notimp:

Posted

I get annoyed when an anime/game gets popular and everybody decides to cosplay that same character. There's like 20+ characters and every girl on instgram just decided to costest the same one at the same time?

I have no idea who these characters are but these three girls I see every damn where with costesters:

Hidden Content

(In order)

Super Sonico

Nico

Yuno Gasai

Posted

(In order)

Super Sonico

Nico

Yuno Gasai

Thanks, I did know Sonico the name because of PULL making fun of Ahri for it, but I'm not sure if she's anime or vocaloid or something? lol I found the pics by typing "nico nico nii" and "yandere girl" :drool:

Posted

Sonico is an Internet branding thing right?? Just like how there's Internet explorer-tan and firefox-tan 

but yeah I love super sonico, nico, and yuno cosplayers, I hate it when they do the wrong makeup or don't even try to emulate their personalities correctly 

like momotokio's sonico bugs the crap out of me 

Posted

-i hate when cosplayer that only cosplay for 1 year already assumed they are popular and better than everyone else

-hate it when one cosplayer go despise another cosplayer that cosplay the same character 

-hate it when cosplayer somehow lost they common sense when cosplayer (such as,throw rubbish everywhere,cutting the wig at the event,didnt even bother to clean up,etcetc)

-bad hygiene cosplayer (take a bath before you come,please,or put a deodarant,pleaseee)

-please research the character you going to cosplay,dont simply "omg,everyone doing this,i must do it also,i dont know the character but oh well,i dont care"

-act slutty at the event

man...there is more...i am a cosplayer myself but i rarely cosplay at the event these days,but i love to observe what does other cosplayer do when at the event.

Posted

Or when all the cosplayers do the same thing as another cosplayer. Like all the damn misty cosplayers