• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/16/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Yumi King

7010 posts in this topic

Posted

all of this evidence .... i mean this thread just dug up all her little lies/flaws she hides and were not even halfway.... i wouldnt be surprised if what we all at some point have discussed is true like the petplay and dd/gl her fake little persona is so predictable like seriously back to topic not about anime she considers is also cartoon or if what of her  parents social status... SHE IS CLEARLY FAKE 

Posted

They actually have 3 houses, not including splenda's house. There might be a chance that Yumi's parents dont want to live with each other and one owns 1 house and the other 2. Still considered to be a lot of money to have a house. (Or maybe they have a mortgage going on). Now lets take into consideration her furniture and house. The house she's made a video on has a pool.(which looks like it has stairs? so maybe the backyard has a second floor?) A handmade pool that you add to your property is pretty expensive, you'd also have to pay and own the property yourself meaning your landlord as no jurisdiction over your house, or property that you own. My relatives were thinking of having a pool in their backyard, but it was just too much money. The cost for digging a hole and tiling cement etc. There is a chance that a pool is provided with the property, but then that'll just add to the amount you pay to own the house plus water bills. She or her parents has obviously take good care of that large backyard they have. The rocks in the corner piling up, probably they grabbed a lot of rocks and did it them selves or they had certain people come in their backyard to make it look nice. They also have a fountain at the front yard and a pretty good drive way. You can learn more about her house here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH0zJ4m1YHI That house is not done yet so imagine what else they'll add. In my opinion I think they're pretty rich. There'd be no reason for her to upload a video on how her house looks unless it looked super nice like that. 

ricj much.PNG

back.PNG

I see where you're coming from. I only know she has 2 houses, did she say she has a third? We don't know if her house in Seattle is rented or bought. The location also matters, type of houses, secondhand etc. There are still many unanswered questions as to whether she is rich or not. 

Posted

Not trying to defend Yumi here, but here we still call Hong Kong "Pearl of the Oriental", have a local newspaper called "Oriental Daily", and the term "Oriental Orientalism" refers to the phenomenon of Asian countries (starting with Japan) creating unique cultural products incorporaring local and Western cultures. None of these are meant to be offensive. Sorry for being OT.

my family is from HK and i've never heard about that lol

it's common for countries who were once colonized to still adopt the term, the British only ceased occupying HK until 1997 which is still fairly recent. 

while it's not meant to be offensive, it became a term with degrading roots especially in the US during the anti-war movement in the 60s and 70s in which asian americans were discriminated as "orientals". 

so I guess it's okay for them to have a newspaper of that name but Yumi calls people looking "oriental" by their physical features which is pretty offensive  :alpacaworry:

Posted (edited)

I see where you're coming from. I only know she has 2 houses, did she say she has a third? We don't know if her house in Seattle is rented or bought. The location also matters, type of houses, secondhand etc. There are still many unanswered questions as to whether she is rich or not. 

Oh I forgot about their location, you make a good point. My aunt and uncle lived in Iowa for years their rent on an apartment was so much cheaper. They're all houses I think from what she said. Most likely they'd be paying for utilities for all 3 of them. Also disregard the fact that her parents own 3 houses, ignore that. Let's consider the screenshot I took. She's estimated to be at least paid 1K per month, which may or may not be true, but I personally think she gets paid more cause of all the sponsors she's taking in. There's a youtuber like Philip DeFranco, he's explained that he's currently getting most of his money by sponsorship cause his video is monetized, I'm pretty sure Yumi doesn't look like a big channel to youtube's eyes to be monetized at all. (Not she's getting paid more than him in pretty sure he's getting paid more than her), she's not a daily vlog kind of person so her upload schedule is pretty random, so it's not like she's working 5 business hours and weeks. I think for the amount of work she's actually put in her channel vs any other youtuber I actually like, I think she gets paid a lot for the amount of work and effort she actually puts in those videos. Like really it's just grab a camera or a Chinese snapchat and video tape her with her bf or her filming all the free sponsor clothes she has. She's not getting paid millions or have jets, but she's richer than probably most of us? (With little effort she's put into work)

Also 0:08 of the video she says she has 3 houses.

IMG_7772.PNG

Edited by M3l0dy

Posted

my family is from HK and i've never heard about that lol

it's common for countries who were once colonized to still adopt the term, the British only ceased occupying HK until 1997 which is still fairly recent. 

while it's not meant to be offensive, it became a term with degrading roots especially in the US during the anti-war movement in the 60s and 70s in which asian americans were discriminated as "orientals". 

so I guess it's okay for them to have a newspaper of that name but Yumi calls people looking "oriental" by their physical features which is pretty offensive  :alpacaworry:

東方之珠,Pearl of the Orient,there's even a TV series and songs of this title, though we don't find the term offensive (to us 東亞病夫 sick men of East Asia is more offensive but thankfully no one uses it anymore), I can't say I understand how the word become offensive since if they called Asian Americans as Asians then by how it goes the term Asians would become an offensive term (I digress),  but I see how it's offensive in the States. Yumi doesn't seem to be doing herself any favours.