• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Yumi King

7945 posts in this topic

Posted

She can be glad that she probably never really experienced any cyber bullying... Bullying is when you want to damage and hurt someone on purpose, calling someone out for what they're doing wrong is something completely different.

At this point, I feel like she's really just trying to milk her status as a 'cyber-bullied innocent naive man-child'. She says she's going to ignore 'haters' but sticks her nose in even more websites (Chinese ones too apparently) and actively shows her 'fans' all her 'tragedy'. I doubt anyone is really linking her these 'hate' websites.

It feels more like her giant ego is too big to cope with the idea that people just DO NOT LIKE her? She is pretty annoying at this point and she is not sweet or innocent. I was rooting for her to ignore the internet but...she keeps fueling the fire. 

She's just a relatively basic person despite her multiple attempts at manipulating her audience into thinking she should be put on a pedestal. 

She is an older lady approaching her 30's trying very transparently to get her own personal army to form a wall of ignorance for her to excuse her shitty behavior. Her fans are just enablers...

Posted (edited)

Okay im probably just repeating what others said in this thread before but honestly it irks me so much that Yumi says that she is "better than the haterzzzz" and that shes going to ignore them AND YET every second instagram post of hers has smth to do with this thread? Like shes a woman thats well in her 20s, if she puts herself that openly on the internet, she has to realize that everybody is able to voice their opinion on her. Just because shes "oh so nice and sweet", shes not automatically safe from people having not-so-nice opinions on her.

Like this thread isnt even as horrible as she presents it to her followers, almost every post in here is constructive and offers her advice on how she could make her videos better and instead of just taking the criticism to improve herself and her videos, shes just whining about this thread on instagram? You may have different views than i do but thats not how a 26 y/o person normally behaves imo.

Edited by Cabbage
Spelling errors corrected

Posted

I just read this entire thread, and I'm feeling some serious second-hand embarassment. 
I'm 22 years old and I've been 96 lbs, 4'9" since I hit puberty when I was 10. as an adult, I try my hardest to portray an air of maturity, rather than excessive "kawaiiness" because I feel I've become rather self-conscious about my body. It's not fun to be hanging out with my boyfriend in public and have people comment about how "little" I am, or how "cute" it is that I'm dating someone who's such a stark contrast to me in height. 

People stop taking you seriously and start treating you like the child they think you are. It's not my fault I'm trapped in a child's body lol. 
But I digress; it's perfectly okay to enjoy kawaii culture, because hell, I'm super into magical girl anime and I collect alpacasso and gyaru magazines, but I don't make a point to present myself as a baby and walk around talking in a higher pitch and the type of outfits Yumi does to garner even more attention to myself. 

Maybe it's a culture barrier. Perhaps being Chinese, but brought up in America, has skewed her views on what's appropriate for her age. As suggested her, I believe she is a lot smarter than she lets on, but I won't doubt that there may be a part of her that eally does cling to the stereotype that asian women are to be submissive / a housewife / whatever, or to the dd/lg lifestyle others speculate she is involved in. I just think her mannerism and the general air she gives off is really bizzarre; I mean, to each their own, but it's strange to watch as an outside viewer of her channel. Uncomfortable, to say the least. I think there are for sure areas of her life she could do well to keep private (*cough* boyfriend *cough*)

Posted

Maybe it's a culture barrier. Perhaps being Chinese, but brought up in America, has skewed her views on what's appropriate for her age. As suggested her, I believe she is a lot smarter than she lets on, but I won't doubt that there may be a part of her that eally does cling to the stereotype that asian women are to be submissive / a housewife / whatever, or to the dd/lg lifestyle others speculate she is involved in. I just think her mannerism and the general air she gives off is really bizzarre; I mean, to each their own, but it's strange to watch as an outside viewer of her channel. Uncomfortable, to say the least. I think there are for sure areas of her life she could do well to keep private (*cough* boyfriend *cough*)

I doubt culture barrier is part of the reason behind her act. I have many friends who are 1.5-gen (born in China, raised in the states) or 2nd gen Chinese whose ages range from your's to Yumi's, and none of them act like her at all.

They all act like, you know, normal people who view themselves as college/grad school students and adults who should be responsible for their own lives instead of hoping to be coddled forever.

Tbh I've never met anyone who wants to be treated like a 5-year-old as bad as Yumi does. It's creepy as fuck even as someone who used to watch her channel way back when she first started with those "how to transform a plain dress into a lolita dress" tutorials.

Posted

She modified the caption of her Instagram post about cyber-bullying:
Capture.thumb.PNG.ac7b622cceceabfcda37b7

Sweetie, criticism can be harmful but doesn't equal bullying, especially in your case when it's far for being extreme.
If people leave comments you disagree with, it's mostly because they disagree with what you did or what you said; for example, cosplaying at the 9/11 memorial, not saying that the man in your videos was your boyfriend (it's not personal life anymore when you show him being all flirty with you and refuse to answer anything about it until feeling too pressured to say silent), playing the victim card and acting all cute and innocent when some of your followers found it was a persona and not how you really were, and the list goes on.

I do think people can act cute and be mature at the same time, and being an adult in a relationship doesn't make a person any less innocent (even if they had sex), but innocent doesn't mean clueless like you were in your sex-toys video and in this Instagram post.

Posted

She modified the caption of her Instagram post about cyber-bullying:
Capture.thumb.PNG.ac7b622cceceabfcda37b7

Sweetie, criticism can be harmful but doesn't equal bullying, especially in your case when it's far for being extreme.
If people leave comments you disagree with, it's mostly because they disagree with what you did or what you said; for example, cosplaying at the 9/11 memorial, not saying that the man in your videos was your boyfriend (it's not personal life anymore when you show him being all flirty with you and refuse to answer anything about it until feeling too pressured to say silent), playing the victim card and acting all cute and innocent when some of your followers found it was a persona and not how you really were, and the list goes on.

I do think people can act cute and be mature at the same time, and being an adult in a relationship doesn't make a person any less innocent (even if they had sex), but innocent doesn't mean clueless like you were in your sex-toys video and in this Instagram post.

It baffles me how she can be so oblivious about the suicide part...
It makes her experience just more shallow?

Posted

gurl, without your "hater" you will be unrelevant in snap. just sthap and do your diy's or just play with yo daddy.

Posted

gurl, without your "hater" you will be unrelevant in snap. just sthap and do your diy's or just play with yo daddy.

Not sure if this has been covered before, but I sincerely believe she has low self-esteem issues. Nearly every single one of her videos/posts includes some kind of backdoor brag, like she's one of those aunties at the Chinese restaurant who are loudly proclaiming how tragic it is their esteemed son only got into this Ivy league school instead of that one. It's undignified, and most people recognize this. 

There's nothing necessarily wrong with being a housewife/housegirlfriend/living off your parents' money or whatever. But you have to be honest with yourself about it. There's a lot of flashy rich kids in China who love to show off their wealth because they want to boast and invoke feelings of envy to feel fulfilled for the only thing about them that is notable. Yumi gives me the same feeling, but in regards to her supposed "adorable" looks instead. It's empty though.  :douge:

With her university background, Yumi is allegedly intelligent, and I have a feeling that deep down she's unsatisfied with her life and blindly trying to fill that gap with the validation from her fans, instead of doing some proactive to change her life. Milking the haterz is just an extension of that. Having haters can be considered proof of your popularity and I'm sure she adores feeling like a princess with all the white-knighting (or else why would she continuously be seeking more hate to post?). Like you said, she'd be less relevant, less special without it. 

Posted

Yuhann is only experiencing constructive criticism, I've been a real victim of cyberbullying AND cyberstalking. Since I know you read this thread, nobody is trying to find out where you live, nobody is sending you death threats, and nobody is contacting your family. Stop trying to make yourself feel special and extremely relevant.

As for the elegance thing, you are not elegant in any sense of the matter. Your clothing tends to be tacky, cheap, and far from chic. The way you carry yourself is too immature for a woman your age.

If the comments online hurt you so much, then take a break from the internet and people will stop talking about you.

Posted

her new video on what she eats in a day just remind me of the girls in the ana community back on LJ. 

Posted

her new video on what she eats in a day just remind me of the girls in the ana community back on LJ. 

Eh it looks pretty healthy and I think this only covers 2 meals: her breakfast and dinner (the dishes are heavier so I'm assuming it's dinner). I'm sure she eats more than what's shown, but she only put whatever she got footage of in the video.

Ngl I was pretty shocked by how much oil her mom used to stir fry the vegetables, but I think it's just because I use very little oil when cooking. 

Posted

It's kinda sad to see that she has become a "snowflake". When I was first trying to cosplay Lolita (yes, I'm 24 now but I was 20 then), I had stumbled across her YouTube tutorials. I myself am not an expert when it comes to sewing, so her DIY tutorials were easy to follow. Her latest videos have been cringeworthy indeed. I am disappointed to say that I would have WK her if I didn't see her becoming so petty towards constructive criticism on this website. I mean, everyone meant well for her before she went and tried getting her fans to come defend her. I don't care if she has a DDLG lifestyle honestly. It isn't our choice at the end of day and while I understand her dying urge to be a "little innocent girl", it's getting old and overrated. Time to move on I guess to something more tasteful, Yumi.

Posted

Ngl I was pretty shocked by how much oil her mom used to stir fry the vegetables, but I think it's just because I use very little oil when cooking. 

ikr. I am in no way familiar with asian cuisine more than what is overly advertised on the internet, but I saw that much oil and looked again at the title to check if it was actually saying "healthy and nutritious"  

:beardo:

Posted

Eh it looks pretty healthy and I think this only covers 2 meals: her breakfast and dinner (the dishes are heavier so I'm assuming it's dinner). I'm sure she eats more than what's shown, but she only put whatever she got footage of in the video.

i know it looks healthy. one of the rules to hide the ED was to make sure people saw you eat and talk about food alot. her showing the meals doesn't actually show what she eats or how much.

Posted

ikr. I am in no way familiar with asian cuisine more than what is overly advertised on the internet, but I saw that much oil and looked again at the title to check if it was actually saying "healthy and nutritious"  

:beardo:

I just wanted to say that chinese (and east asian, in general) cooking use a lot of sesame seed oil, with I mean, it's still oil, but it's way better than regular cooking oil. If I'm not mistaken, it has some nutrients that even olive oil doesn't have. But then again, that doesn't mean you must eat like a litre of it lol I didn't watch the video though, so I don't know if she used sesame seed oil anyways lawl