• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Yumi King

7948 posts in this topic

Posted

as an american, I'm not offended or really even upset about the 9/11 thing at all, I just thought it was cringy and embarrassing.. the thing that is annoying about it is how she tries so hard to act like she had no idea. just admit you're wrong and save everyone the trouble, including yourself. there is just no way she didn't know lol.

besides that I remember watching her videos a while ago and everything about her cosplay in public is really cringy, especially the neko one.. ah, really embarrassing. she really should take a break and step back to think about how she is acting and what she is putting out there.

Posted

In her latest IG post she says she is being posted on a chinese site and that the criticism she gets in China is different from the western comments. She says the comments in that site criticize her appearence and the western ones point out about her content and lifestyle.

I feel like it's worse to get criticism on your appearence because it's not something you can control (besides the clothing), and those comments can be quite rude sometimes. The feedback she gets on the content of her videos or her lifestyle are mostly pointing out things she can improve but decides to disregard them as 'haterZzz'. 

I got the impression that she prefers to be judged on her appearence though? I wouldn't be surprised lol.

Posted (edited)

Honestly she is just a mess. For her age she is behaving like someone maybe 10 years younger than her and only being enabled by her followers..who use her "language barrier"/ethnicity as excuses as to why she behaves certain ways. (regardless of her proven intellect, time spent in the United States and lengthy amount of schooling) like come the fuck on she's like 25 or some shit she knows what a sex toy is why her sweater said that and why she wants to be one for her boyfriend she's a grown WOMAN. 

So as a woman she should realize that with fame comes criticism and with her constant analyzation of everything everyone says on multiple forums she is only seeming to post weirder and more unsettling posts in an attempt to "tell off" everyone or "set the record straight"

If she can't handle it she needs to get off the internet plain and simple. If you put effort into social media and in return end up with a fan base you must be adult enough to handle the attention. Otherwise what's the point if every time your criticised you have a meltdown

It blows my mind all she ever had to do was say "this is my boyfriend and we practice ddlg safely at home. some of my tutorials are ddlg related and therefore recommended for 18+" or something..

But no she had to cry over every.single.critique. now shes gonna cry about even MORE forums. LIKE ahhhhh GROW UP YUMI

Edited by persocomtears

Posted

Isn't combining sexy and cute perfectly okay though?

I never said it's not okay, though.
I was calling her out on how she kept stressing over how it is okay and now when something cute also implies a sexual message, in this case, the text, she is shocked on how "something like that shows up on such a cute item of clothing". 

Posted

In her latest IG post she says she is being posted on a chinese site and that the criticism she gets in China is different from the western comments. She says the comments in that site criticize her appearence and the western ones point out about her content and lifestyle.

Lol at her mostly being worried that they're making money off of her videos and not talking much about whether her feelings are hurt and things like that. You can't even monetize videos on bilibili iirc. 

I'll see if I can find any of the videos later (when I'm on a computer) and try to translate the comments for you guys. 

Posted (edited)

Ok now that I'm on desktop, here are some comments from the bilibili repost videos. These are more stylized translations from the original comments and won't be 100% direct translations (I'm trying to keep the tone of the original comment), so my translations will be different than if you plugged them into google translate. 

I'm no expert at Chinese so if I make any mistakes, feel free to correct me! I also won't be translating comments that I'm not 100% sure what they're saying.

Harley Quinn tutorial:

• 孤星只影: Even after she changed her hairstyle, her face doesn't look big. Why does she insist on covering up her face with thick bangs and lowering her head?

• 十示: She looks better with a middle [hair] part... Really!

• livedJudy: EMBARRASSING (original comment is more like " 'embarrassing' in capital letters.")

• 咕噜碳的老公28: Feels like Yumi King got a little fatter......

• 零就小可爱: I don't really have feelings about this

• Shurlock: Well, little sister(literal translation) is pretty good at making clothes even though her overall look doesn't really feel Harley's. However her attitude isn't important since the focus is on making the clothes, just a piece of thought. 

• 年糕一下子瘦了十斤: So strong (this person left two comments but I couldn't fully understand the first one. I think it was complimenting her smile?)

• IDDDDDe: She looks pretty without bangs!

• 我竟然穿了格子衬衣: (I'm not sure what the first part of their comment means) A middle part looks nice, but her bangs are great too

Pretty much all the comments are about how she looks better without bangs

Night time routine:

• 强攻而已: Her English is so uncomfortable to listen to (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜

• w爸爸: I thought if I listed to enough of this noise (Yumi's voice) that I'd get used to it... but... Well ok, her DIY skills are very good.

• 樱桃小丸子123321: Her natural looks are quite pretty!

• RiRi嗯很好: That should be her roommate 

• 花花花花hh: Hahahaha how terrifying

• 祈枝枝枝: She looks like a BJD. Am I a person?

• 苒苒彼岸花: Why does she always keep her head down?

• 钓诗yu: She looks really cute naturally but her makeup is terrifying. →_→

• 欧豆豆哦: I've been poisoned. I've watched this again and again. I was thinking about it even in the middle of class.

• 葛优躺的呆毛: Geez, so that's how she laughs when she takes a bath

Sexy & cute lookbook:

• 墨客红尘: Tbh she really is pretty! Even though her head is always down, her face is really innocent. ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭

• 比卡俅俅: I think she's pretty brave. She's good at DIYs and she hasn't done anything wrong, she's just been doing what she likes doing. 

• 叉子和鱼: I have to say this, why is her head always down? Does she have a receding chin? Her clothes are sweet like honey. Don't hit me pls, but they really spoil the eyes.

• 麻结子: If she changed her side bangs a little, she could look prettier/

• 陆淼渺: Not lying, just stating what I saw, she's not wearing any underwear.

• roxanne530: These clothes are so ugly

• 小河童: She's not ugly but about her look, she's weirdly childish and her side bangs make her face look wide (literal translation: bald). And the whenever she looks at the camera, her head is always down. Overall, her looks are weird, but she's really good at making things.

edit: I'll continue if I have time tomorrow. I have school in the morning so I might post more in the evening/night time. 

Edited by AnzuTakamaki

Posted (edited)

Since she cares so much about people talking about her aka "tha haterz", which literally happens to everyone, maybe she should go back to when she hardly talked or showed her personal life in her videos, or else she needs to learn not to care. People will always talk no matter what, like if you're gonna be a youtuber please learn this.  

Lol about how the chinese comments say she always has her chin down.

Edited by spookyloser

Posted

Thank you @AnzuTakamaki :alpacawink:!

That's why she wasn't bothered by the comments lol, they are not really mean and it is nothing she hasn't read before (about the bangs, the chin, and the night routine being cringey). Other than that they are mostly praising her?? Lol now that I re read her post it sounds like she wants us to do the same; tell her she is pretty and good at crafting.

(she is pretty,but lazy lazy at crafting)

Posted

Ok now that I'm on desktop, here are some comments from the bilibili repost videos. These are more stylized translations from the original comments and won't be 100% direct translations (I'm trying to keep the tone of the original comment), so my translations will be different than if you plugged them into google translate. 

I'm no expert at Chinese so if I make any mistakes, feel free to correct me! I also won't be translating comments that I'm not 100% sure what they're saying.

Harley Quinn tutorial:

Hidden Content

Night time routine:

Hidden Content

Sexy & cute lookbook:

Hidden Content

edit: I'll continue if I have time tomorrow. I have school in the morning so I might post more in the evening/night time. 

awe thank you for doing all this :alpacacrush:

• 葛优躺的呆毛: Geez, so that's how she laughs when she takes a bath

me too buddy, me too....

Posted

is this her back? :darth: 

(I don't want to watch to avoid the cringe and to make youtube stop recommending me her stuff) 

Sorry I don't want ro offend anyone but I think this corset piercing thing looks ugly as hell in any person (and there looks like it's bleeding and the hooks looks glued at the same time it bleeds lol, she can't even choose appropriate thumbnails but I think it's just for the sake of the views - clickbait?) and it doesn't suit her - but maybe it's just to get more into the edgy-gothy-sexy trend? 

I don't know. I will admit, I thought it was a good idea--I thought it was done as an idea for Halloween costumes. I would probably do it for that, but I wouldn't wear it on a daily basis.

She does seem to like pastel goth/cute goth things though.

Posted

欧豆豆哦: I've been poisoned. I've watched this again and again. I was thinking about it even in the middle of class.

That one's hilarious lmao I just love the idea of this person being plagued day and night by the thought that somewhere Yumi is giggling manically in a bathtub

Posted

Those  people  on bilibili are hilarious 

Posted

Very surprising to me, yumi is way more loaded than i thought. 

recap for those who don't want to watch video:

hearing her talk about her mother makes her seem way more relatable and personal. Didn't think she'd have a step father either. i'm not gonna inquire about whether or not her possible strenuous relationship with her biological father might have something to do with the suspected 'ddlg' with her boyfriend. she called her boyfriend's house her house too ig since they lived together. 3 in total.

But back to the mother bit, it was touching how she talked about her. I'm a mama's boy so I guess that's why but I'm a sucker for 'APPRECIATING MOM' type of stuff lol. And her mom is freaking gorgeous. 

Also, Eastern Washington is expensive and her parents have a home there AND in Seattle, on the assumption they support her financially, I can't get why she never uses better fabric...

Posted

Very surprising to me, yumi is way more loaded than i thought. 

Also, Eastern Washington is expensive and her parents have a home there AND in Seattle, on the assumption they support her financially, I can't get why she never uses better fabric...

exactly what I thought but wasn't she a new immigrant?When my parents came to Canada we barely had enough on our table. Maybe she's actually new money ?

Plus is her dad american I cant tell ??

Posted

Omg, her mother is so pretty, she have a " 20's like " natural beauty more than Yumi should have. I agree with people from bilibili that she looks better with side bangs, she should inspire herself by her mother's hairstyle.