• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

Yumi King

7945 posts in this topic

Posted

For a bit of an exaggerated perspective, it reminds me of older women who act like and wear the clothes of young girls because they think it's charming. This red dress is perfectly age appropriate. But I would argue that the cat cosplays, eating from a pet dish, and toddler level sentence forming is not on the maturity level an average 25 year old should possess. 

I think I once defended her through a YouTube comment when her choice to call quinoa "tiny rice" was criticized by the man she lives with, but I hadn't seen many other videos by her. I didn't realize that she does "baby talk" so often. 

To be fair, her English is not good at all. The sentence formations and baby talk could be from the language barrier. I don't think it's all because of English being her second language, but it's definitely part of it.

Posted

I respect your post, and did consider her English may play a part. For me, it's the tone she speaks in.

Posted (edited)

Girl, stop.

Screenshot_2016-09-19-04-47-52-1.png

Edited by Offline

Posted

How's nobody talking about her new video thumbnail yet?

She is wearing a fucking pet collar and eating from a pet bowl, and again, that creepy hand on her head. This is just so creepy.

She recently stopped showing that man on her videos or letting his voice, but there are still pictures like those, also she is showing so much of her chest recently that I even had a nightmare  where her nipple slip off  in a video, WTF.

(sorry the bad english) 

fuck.jpg

That second picture just looks ODD around the legs. Especially the one on her left and our right. The weight distribution for a pose like that doesn't add up. To me there should be more distribution around her inner thighs. I have fairly thin legs and I'm an illustrator so I draw a lot of people, and to me it looks wrong. Just to show what I mean, even though the model is a different body type and is in a slightly different pose, take a look at this ref stock image from Senshishock  on DA:

http://senshistock.deviantart.com/art/Casual-Sitting-Perspective-Stock-316090796

The thighs should be rounded and not that slim and straight. Also notice how it looks fairly blurred around the middle too. 

Posted (edited)

Did a little digging

http://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/663839-ok-but-can-we-talk-about-yumi-king/

just wow. you know you're kinda fucked up when you get on the proanas' radar 

also

yyyyyyyyyyyy.thumb.png.2b183e76afc6bc3e1

Is she bringing up her cultural background because people here have been questioning it?

This girl is clearly lurking this thread 24/7, she's making it too obvious . Like why can't you create an account and clear things up here, it's like every post is addressed to everything that has been speculated on PULL :derp:

BONUS

wgf.thumb.png.a7cac2f4273b851520f36df3b5

ewfw.thumb.png.cdffebaba44af7ae10a09ab11

an article featuring Yumi. 

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/slideshow/Sakura-Con-3-days-of-anime-in-Seattle-59471/photo-4404588.php

She should be around 25-26 years old by now, no question about it:alpacawink::alpacawink:

Edited by YutaKei

Posted

I certainly do not think she is that naïve and ignorant in a childlike manner as she wants to portray. Apparently, she is actually quite smart and knows how to advertise herself. I guess her school projects allowed her to see what she had been missing. I agree with @AnzuTakamaki ↑

I've noticed that in some instagram posts her English is actually pretty good, but I didn't care about it because I assumed she could be better at writing than speaking (personally: my writing skills are 100x times better than my speech, considering that I am only used to write in English and I don't socialize with English speakers irl). Just the fact that she has been to college twice shows that she's not simple-minded and I am sure she is an intelligent young woman. I noticed a few errors/typos but, overall, I am amazed on how different she seems to be in these reports. Her vocabulary is obviously more diversed and mature, like you'd expect from a college student, but I am impressed by her arguments and logic comparing to the impressions that I have of Yumi King, the youtuber.

I get that she wants to advertise herself with a certain image to attract views, followers, sponsors and all that stuff. There is a bigger audience for kawaii stuff and a cute Asian girl showing off pretty dresses rather than people willing to hear how Asian women are objectified, which is one of those topics most people would rather leave aside than address. But, the fact she forces this fantasy so much to a cringeworthy (and pretty concerning) level is too much. She is wasting so much potential :alpacadone: I'm left wondering if that man who (used to?) show up on her videos knows this side of her or she just plays the same role. Idk.

Posted

Her English is actually pretty good. Someone on lolcow found her school blog and ironically she's done projects about the sexualization of Asian women. 

I feel like this is proof that she's aware of what she's doing but continues to sexualize herself as an Asian woman for views. 

Wow ! It's kind of ironic because she mentioned wanting a traditional man who needs a housewife

I really wish she would just drop that shitty act because she's making herself look much dumber than she actually is :anime:

Posted

Wow ! It's kind of ironic because she mentioned wanting a traditional man who needs a housewife

I really wish she would just drop that shitty act because she's making herself look much dumber than she actually is :anime:

I just checked out her school stuff and she's clearly very smart and talented.  I don't understand why she wants to dumb herself down so much and settle for being a housewife to someone who probably objectifies her *cough* her current bf *cough*  instead of making a career out of all her achievements.  Once she graduates I'm sure she'll be able to find a great paying job and work herself up from there.  She really has a lot of potential.  I really wish she wouldn't waste it. 

Posted (edited)

So she wrote an essay on the sexualization of Asian women...AND provided a neat coded display? I personally believe she knows what she is doing, at this point. Yumi is intelligent and I'm certain she is not as innocent /naive as most would like to portray her as.

Screenshot_2016-09-19-16-02-14-1.png

Screenshot_2016-09-19-16-02-12-1.png

Screenshot_2016-09-19-16-02-21-1.png

Edited by Offline

Posted

So she wrote an essay on the sexualization of Asian women...AND provided a neat coded display? I personally believe she knows what she is doing, at this point. Yumi is intelligent and I'm certain she is not as innocent /naive as most would like to portray her as.

Screenshot_2016-09-19-16-02-14-1.png

Screenshot_2016-09-19-16-02-12-1.png

Screenshot_2016-09-19-16-02-21-1.png

Buy you know, I guess her target audience is teenage girls who don't give a shit about these things, they just like pretty simple things:alpacaheadshake: 

I still think at least she could act more mature because the way she speaks in her videos is super cringy, like she has a brain of a 5 year old:alpacabored:

Posted (edited)

Wow seeing the school stuff proves what I was trying to say earlier.

For her, the childish giggling strange behavior and sentence structure is all just an act based on that evidence. English not being her first language and her attempts to appear younger and younger give her automatic benefit of the doubt from people in her fanbase. She has people manipulated into believing she is naive..it's like a character.

Which leads me to believe this daddy of hers isn't some big bad american man taking advantage of her..but instead she is more than likely a willing participant in whatever lifestyle with him..

It's not hurting anyone outright but it is very telling of her mental state. I worry for her and I hope she learns to understand to quit obsessing about every little thing we are all saying. Its not healthy. Her weight and her age aren't things she seems to have healthy ideas about and I don't want to push her while she's down type of thing.

But this is all just such a strange situation. I feel like she is so desperate to be younger and be treated younger she included ddlg in her videos so her audience further sees her as that character and less as the age she really is..like she feels happy in that space and is comfortable with her followers so she protects that "image" maybe? 

Edited by persocomtears

Posted

Did a little digging

http://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/663839-ok-but-can-we-talk-about-yumi-king/

just wow. you know you're kinda fucked up when you get on the proanas' radar 

also

yyyyyyyyyyyy.thumb.png.2b183e76afc6bc3e1

Is she bringing up her cultural background because people here have been questioning it?

This girl is clearly lurking this thread 24/7, she's making it too obvious . Like why can't you create an account and clear things up here, it's like every post is addressed to everything that has been speculated on PULL :derp:

BONUS

wgf.thumb.png.a7cac2f4273b851520f36df3b5

ewfw.thumb.png.cdffebaba44af7ae10a09ab11

an article featuring Yumi. 

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/slideshow/Sakura-Con-3-days-of-anime-in-Seattle-59471/photo-4404588.php

She should be around 25-26 years old by now, no question about it:alpacawink::alpacawink:

WHAT IS THIS LOL!! She looks like....a human being in those photos. Very pretty while looking mature and youthful. What happened Yumi (since you read here) ??? You're in your mid 20s, and that childish makeup does NOT suit your face. I seriously love how gorgeous she looks in the second picture.

Posted

How's nobody talking about her new video thumbnail yet?

She is wearing a fucking pet collar and eating from a pet bowl, and again, that creepy hand on her head. This is just so creepy.

She recently stopped showing that man on her videos or letting his voice, but there are still pictures like those, also she is showing so much of her chest recently that I even had a nightmare  where her nipple slip off  in a video, WTF.

(sorry the bad english) 

fuck.jpg

In one of her videos you could see through her shirt lmao.

Posted

her cosplay in public video was sorta cringy. and the lady in the background hahaha

Screenshot_20160921-220421.jpg