• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone!

I did something stupid.... I had half of my hair coloured black and i have now bleached the fuck out of it and it was blonde like the rest of my hair was and I thought it would be fun whit lilac hair for a while, moving on: I mixed purple hair dye with conditioner and left it in, now to the problem: In the midst of it all I realize "autumn is coming! I want red hair!" yes stupid I know.:alpacaworry:

Anyway Im thinking of going with the lilac for a few weeks and let my hair rest a bit, but WHEN I decide to turn red what is the best way to go? Can I put the red straight on the lilac? purple and red are polar opposite so will it turn green or something? Should I dye it light brown first? :Alpacaconfused:

I need your at home pro tips! thank you! :alpacacrush: 

Posted

If you let the lilac fade enough, the red will have no problem covering it. If anything, it'll just add a cool undertone to the red. This is what my hair looked like after covering neon purple with red dye. It started off as magenta and then eventually faded to a burgundy. I used the L'oreal Hicolor line from Sally's. From that point on, I just used the Pravana Red mixed with conditioner to keep the red up. You can buy that on Ebay, it's under $15 and a tube will last you a few months.

IMG_8122.JPG

Posted (edited)

Haha had the same thought! After a few days with my new purple I thought... damn I want burgundy hair. I'll let my purple fade as much as possible and then dye over it. Or probably gonna get it done by a hairdresser. Don't wanna mess up my hair again... (did a few times and also made the experience selfdyed red doesn't last as long.)

But I have a tip that could eventually save you/you're hair next time. If you're a haircolour changer like me, buy a wig! I will start doing that next time. There are great wigs who are pretty cheap, but great quality! I could give you some links if you want. Like this you can see what the colour looks like on you and also just wear it whenever you feel like it. It's obviously healthier for your hair, then changing it every few months (like I do ..:alpacadone:.

edit: also that could save you loads of money.. dye isn't that cheap either if you're just keep on buying new colours lol (atleast I made that expierence.. :alpacadone:)

Edited by platypus

Posted

Haha had the same thought! After a few days with my new purple I thought... damn I want burgundy hair. I'll let my purple fade as much as possible and then dye over it. Or probably gonna get it done by a hairdresser. Don't wanna mess up my hair again... (did a few times and also made the experience selfdyed red doesn't last as long.)

But I have a tip that could eventually save you/you're hair next time. If you're a haircolour changer like me, buy a wig! I will start doing that next time. There are great wigs who are pretty cheap, but great quality! I could give you some links if you want. Like this you can see what the colour looks like on you and also just wear it whenever you feel like it. It's obviously healthier for your hair, then changing it every few months (like I do ..:alpacadone:.

edit: also that could save you loads of money.. dye isn't that cheap either if you're just keep on buying new colours lol (atleast I made that expierence.. :alpacadone:)

Don't tease us with cheap great wigs, link them :alpacawink:

Posted

Don't tease us with cheap great wigs, link them :alpacawink:

Alright alright! I haven't tried them myself yet, but I know people who did and saw pics and they just look great.. I'm so gonna buy some soon. :lamaheadshake:

http://www.wigisfashion.com/