• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Bronwyn Papineau (BiiBiiBeauty)

342 posts in this topic

Posted

Is anyone still watching her videos? I clicked into her last two... and I kinda feel bad for saying this, because it feels a bit like kicking a hurt dog, but she is quite a trainwreck at the moment. Or is it just me who feels that way? It's not only her content, but also... the video quality, her look (did she get lip fillers?) and, yeah, her content.

She seems to make montly videos now, but they are really long, and there is nothing happening in them...

I wonder about this, too. I feel so bad for her cause she’s still trying. But, there’s nothing there. I wish she were more open with her life, but I think she doesn’t share as much because she has zero going for her right now. Before she was vocal about working for Wish Trend, but I think that gig ended when she followed her boyfriend to Australia. In an Instagram Story questions feature, someone asked what she does for work and she gave a vague answer. I think she’s unemployed or maybe embarrassed at what her situation in the workforce is now. It’s so sad to see how little views she gets now...

Does anyone keep up with her on social media? She is convinced there is some huge conspiracy against her Youtube  channel and people being unsubbed to her unintentionally by YT. I think there was even a poll where she asked if everyone is still subbed to her and a majority of the answers were yes, it’s just people are CHOOSING not to watch. I just can’t handle her stories and tweets disparaging YT for her lack of views. I mean, I know it has supposedly happened to some people, but I don’t think that’s the case for her. 

Posted

I keep up with her videos and I agree she does need to do something to switch it up.

She also doesn't market herself well. Lili Reinhart aka Betty Cooper of Riverdale fame) actually reviewed and commented on one of Bii's videos for Glamour I think it was. (It was one where Bii recreated a makeup look Lili had for an event.) That's kind of a huge deal, yet Bii did nothing to play it up or capitalize on it. She barely mentioned it in her videos. I had to go hunting to find it on YouTube.  She could have done a  "reacting to Lili Reinhart watching my video"video or "How I participated in the Glamour magazine Lili Reinhart video". Throw Lili's name up in the title and get some views- it's totally justified! She watched your video and complimented you! Riverdale is a big thing now. Or make some more "Betty Cooper/Lili" makeup looks! Get people to notice you!

I have always liked Bii and admired that she was really doing her thing on her own with no one else supporting her. And I think she really had a tough time and is trying to rebuild her life now. She's been away from Canada for years so she's trying to build friendships, remake her life and she mentioned in her last video she's going to back to school (while working) so she can try to land "career" level work, not just "jobs". I admire that. People criticize Taylor R a lot because she seems to have unlimited resources and time but doesn't take advantage of it. I feel like Bii made the most of what resources she had in Japan etc and was always very honest about her life. I don't think she's had the same kind of support and female friendships since Japan. I'm still rooting for her.

Posted

I think bii would really benefit from changing her make up style (and perhaps fixing her camera, she looks super orange). I actually think she used to have this unique fresh prettiness to her, but now she looks really strange. I still see glimpses of her beauty but she exaggerates her already large features so she comes out looking...odd. I think fixing her eyebrows alone would do wonders

Posted

I think bii would really benefit from changing her make up style (and perhaps fixing her camera, she looks super orange). I actually think she used to have this unique fresh prettiness to her

I agree about switching it up. She does a lot of warm colored/rust/orange eye looks and they have all started blending together in my mind. I think cooler colors would be a better contrast with her skin etc.

Her look in Japan was more unique because she didn't copy the trend of the exaggerated black eyeliner and I agree her look then was much fresher and more youthful. Since she has been back in Canada she has been adopting much more of a bodycon "Kardashian" vibe which isn't my taste at all.

I admired her style in Japan because she didn't just jump on kawaii trends and chose more classic, clean looks (kind of the opposite of Mimei etc.) 

Posted

I watched her again. She seems happier in Canada now. Is she still with her bf? I think theyve broken up...

Posted

I watched her again. She seems happier in Canada now. Is she still with her bf? I think theyve broken up...

They broke up. She does look and seem happier! She's back in school i think and working.

Posted

So, Bii posted on her Instagram stories that her Patreon is going to have access to her breakup video, explaining why her and Kyle broke up and why she kept a secret for so long. When I first clicked the link she only had like, $17 a month. It's up to $90 now. It makes me so mad that she has content behind a paywall! She claims it isn't a cash grab, but last week or the week before she started her $10,000 Kickstarter, so it's hard to not think this is a cash grab. 

Patreon

GoFundMe

Posted

So, Bii posted on her Instagram stories that her Patreon is going to have access to her breakup video, explaining why her and Kyle broke up and why she kept a secret for so long. When I first clicked the link she only had like, $17 a month. It's up to $90 now. It makes me so mad that she has content behind a paywall! She claims it isn't a cash grab, but last week or the week before she started her $10,000 Kickstarter, so it's hard to not think this is a cash grab. 

Patreon

GoFundMe

Her kickstarter doesn't seem to be doing so well. It's only at $50 with one patron. Her Patreon seems to be doing better. I guess people wanna see the break up video. :alpacaconfused:

Posted

Why would anyone support that Kickstarter project? It's not innovative at all, her description is super lackluster and why doesn't she ask a bank for financial support to start her business instead? Does that mean she was declined a credit already? That she didn't even try?

Tl;dr: if she was serious about starting a business, she would consult a bank and not ask for donations.

Posted

Why would anyone support that Kickstarter project? It's not innovative at all, her description is super lackluster and why doesn't she ask a bank for financial support to start her business instead? Does that mean she was declined a credit already? That she didn't even try?

Tl;dr: if she was serious about starting a business, she would consult a bank and not ask for donations.

most likely she is hoping for donations because unlike a bank, you won’t need to pay it back. 

Posted

most likely she is hoping for donations because unlike a bank, you won’t need to pay it back. 

I guess. Maybe that's just my upbringing or mentality, but I'd feel so bad to build something on someone else's money without giving back... Patreon at least offers some content, but handing out money as a present basically...? Especially when with a real business people would expect some shares if they invest in that business.

Posted

I feel like hiding this kind of content behind a paywall is insincere. Even if she says it’s not a cash grab... how can it not be? I don’t know anything about her break up, I just watch her normal vlogs occasionally as I find them relaxing but surely someone will leak the reasons behind it? 

Posted

Pretty trashy to make people pay to hear about something that should be very private (and doubt her ex agreed to this)

Posted

Pretty trashy to make people pay to hear about something that should be very private (and doubt her ex agreed to this)

I have a curious mind but not 9 bucks curious

Posted

I have a curious mind but not 9 bucks curious

I’m sure someone will leak it eventually...

or it will get enough attention that she’ll post it in hopes that it will bring some subs back