• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Bronwyn Papineau (BiiBiiBeauty)

342 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I appreciate the idea that Bronwyn and Emily are very comfortable around each other and act like normal friends (versus "Youtube friends"), but the problem was that they broadcasted that part. Like yea we all get bitchy in our lives (this forum is proof of that), but for someone in the public eye it's unwise to show that bitchy side in public, especially when indirectly provoked (e.g. no one actually went up to her face and said bad things about her). It just makes people think you trawl the internet to look for gossip about yourself, whether that's true or not.

Yeah, part of me was like, well, good for her, glad she's not too affected by the online comments.

But the other part questioned why she brought it up to begin with. True, it's just a stream of her being with her friend, and I imagine the topic of PULL occasionally comes up for Jvloggers, but at the same time, she didn't have to mention it. It just felt a bit odd because we're not lolcow; as @casio mentioned the general vibe of this thread is not negative. People seem to sort of like her, but she's focusing on the critique of her looks, which is clearly, unfortunately, a very sore spot. I actually find her attractive with striking features, but that "refreshing" candidacy at the end of her video was not. :S

Usually when some internet "celebrity" i.e. Yumi King brings up PULL I get the grating feeling that the motives are to appear strong and cool and inspirational with the fuck the haterz vibe, and to become more popular/a bigger topic as followers flock to the site and/or rush to comfort the blogger.

However, in this case, it was mentioned a bit offhandedly in a 6 hour stream. And I don't really watch her, but everyone seems to praise her for being honest, so she may not have had these intentions. All in all I guess I'm just saying I agree with everyone that it's not a particularly good or classy move for a internet celeb to bring up PULL. :alpacadone:

Maybe OT but it's funny to me when people label this as a hate forum, because there are loads of people with threads here who are generally liked. Honestly, PULL is a good site for them to check their behavior and see what an honest critique is outside their usually younger follower group; most would never comment this stuff directly on their accounts because they don't want to be harassed by their fans and no one seems especially interested in "calling out" someone on their channel for minor things.

There's no vendetta against these people, and in my opinion, most of the advice given is fairly solid (i.e. suggesting Princessmei stop overpricing stained clothing on deapop) and helpful. There's discussions. A majority of the time something is brought up, we don't all have similar opinions and everyone advocates for their point of view. The only time there's a more unanimous-seeming judgment is when someone is doing something quite obviously wrong, like scamming.

Edited by shin

Posted

tbh she is just boring to me

Posted

Exactly like what @shin said, why is it PULL that's the one at focus rather than lolcow which are wayyyy more brutal and even more anonymous, what I don't like is that everyone is like oh yeah biibii fuck pull and yeah they're just haters, but if anything she's worse than us even equal to those on lolcow with her kill yourself conments, like we never said anything that brutal to her, like seriously the only thing that was semi mean on her was the lip comments and then the trans comment someone made but other than that why is she so worked up over us, at least she does have her own sub forum like bff taytay here and even at that she's not even in the snowflake section, idk it was Kinda unnecessary for her to be like that and the fact her friend asked if she had posted that pic and her first response was no and her friend goes see omg people like that are creepy and then she cuts her off to say that she did post the pic and it's like wtf?????

Posted

IK lolcow had someone convinced she was trans. 

Posted

The "kill yourselves" comments weren't directed at PULL, were they? I read the forum first and then just skipped to the part in her video where the PULL talk started. Her friend is reading the stream comments, she read aloud that someone said they hated that lip color. Then Bii says, "If you hate it, then kill yourself" or something like that. When I read the post about it that part was taken out of context and made to seem like she was referring to people on this "hate forum".  

Posted

If anything, that stream made me like her more and I subscribed to her after :D it made her seem less robotic and dull

Posted (edited)

The "kill yourselves" comments weren't directed at PULL, were they? I read the forum first and then just skipped to the part in her video where the PULL talk started. Her friend is reading the stream comments, she read aloud that someone said they hated that lip color. Then Bii says, "If you hate it, then kill yourself" or something like that. When I read the post about it that part was taken out of context and made to seem like she was referring to people on this "hate forum".  

I went back to watch it since the first time I did, I only watched the bit when she was talking about PULL. 

Emily: You hate the lip color? It's kind of cute, though.
Bii: You're terrible. Because Emily never wears dark lip color, that's why you hate it. If you hate it, then go kill yourself.
Emily: Thank you. 
Bii: Literally, go kill yourself. 

That her words weren't directed at the members of PULL makes it worse, in my opinion. :alpacaconfused: A site she views as a"hate" forum would feel a bit more deserving of such a remark than someone who actually took the time to watch Bii's stream (though obviously it'd be better to not say it at all).

It makes me feel a bit bad for them because although it wasn't a polite comment, they're probably her fan.

I don't think Bii's a bad person, just fed up with remarks about appearances--but I think she should caution against such comments. The intentionally rude/Einshine route is never cute. 

It's clear that Emily is better at handling it, as her first reaction was to simply say that she enjoys the lip color, and her remarks during Bii's "fuck you" etc. rant were mild in comparison i.e. just saying people are "cray" and want to put their "stupid, unpopular opinions" out there.

Edited by shin

Posted (edited)

lol I guess it's pretty obvious she has a serious bitch streak.

Sorry Bronwyn, but most people think you looked so much prettier before you got the fillers and it's sad that you're so insecure about your appearance, but it looks like you'll be fighting this your whole life. Since it's pretty obvious you're so insecure and what people say on the internet bothers you so much, I don't think many people recommend you going down the YT road lol.

1480669824134.png

anyways welcome to the pull since it's now obvious you hang around lmao

tumblr_inline_mwdz8p0boI1rnvwt1.gif

Edited by Athena

Posted

Bronwyn, you don't have to prove to anyone that you and Kyle are still together. You're making it a bit obvious you read this thread. haha

Take it easy and do your thing. :P

Posted

I'm sorry about that. I meant to highlight her rant at the haters and hate she was getting, not PULL. Thanks for pointing that out though. I'll try to make things clearer next time.  

Posted

I think PULL might just be an easier target to go after. i haven't been on lolcow or whatever but from what I've heard, if she were to directly reference them they would probably curse her our or drag her to hell and back. Here, the most that happens is some laughing emojis and light shade.

Posted

I saw people discuss if she work or not...her linked in show she work for a company for a long time.

Bi bi LinkedIn

Anyway I think she is really pretty :) I love her voice  ^^ I didn't know about her untill I see her on Taylor her videos and Sharla

IMG_20161206_125027.png

Posted (edited)

I think PULL might just be an easier target to go after. i haven't been on lolcow or whatever but from what I've heard, if she were to directly reference them they would probably curse her our or drag her to hell and back. Here, the most that happens is some laughing emojis and light shade.

haha thats pretty accurate with regard to lolcow!

tbh, cursing doesn't suit her well. overuse of bitch as an 'endearing' term among females feels immature to me, I hope this trend will stop soon....makes me cringe all the time when I overhear it

Edited by tachibana

Posted (edited)

I'm enjoying her videos lately, more than anything her personality but I was catching up with her last videos today and I got mid-roll video ads in all of them. I don't want to skip them because I know this helps her but man getting a 2 minute mid-roll video is nasty. I don't know if he reads this forum, but please disable them, they are annoying and is not like youtube is your main source of income, other people like Sharla and Taylor don't do this, why are you doing it when your audience is so small?, you don't want to alienate them.

Edited by casio

Posted (edited)

i thought the after nose surgery pics made her nose look even more uneven (even though it was still swollen;; ) 
but in her most recent instagram picture from 3hrs ago she looks quite good i think. 

does anyone remember the video she did with kim and sharla where they were trying on wigs and they all looked awful except bii looked mad pretty with the dark brown wig. i wish she'd change her hair colour to that, but she always insists she can't pull off darker colours ;;;;

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPAePj6Dnmd/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQVMiCNNYIo

Edited by littleghosts
edited to add links