• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

844 posts in this topic

Posted

Upvote for great effort! :)

I'm seriously disappointed in the famous boy cosplayers as of yet? Seriously is it a rule if you get famous in cosplay you turn into an ass? 

Can any trans members weigh in on these flakes pretending not to be trans? I'm not sure how I feel about that as I'm cis.

Posted

I don't like his attitude but his cosplay actually look good.

Doesn't excuse anything though.

Posted

Upvote for great effort! :)

I'm seriously disappointed in the famous boy cosplayers as of yet? Seriously is it a rule if you get famous in cosplay you turn into an ass? 

Can any trans members weigh in on these flakes pretending not to be trans? I'm not sure how I feel about that as I'm cis.

Ahhhh thank you so much but the effort goes to @GoMons she put the work into all of this!! 

But yeah I'm really curious to know how others feel about that too, because it's like erasing the milestones the trans community has made and then there's these pseudo boys trying to act cis but yet try to identify with the gay community, it's like no?? That's not fair?? 

Posted

I don't like his attitude but his cosplay actually look good.

Doesn't excuse anything though.

Well, there also problems because of some of his cosplays are bought, we are going to add more info soon! It was going to be complete but I added it late.  :alpacadone:

Posted

Ahhhh thank you so much but the effort goes to @GoMons she put the work into all of this!! 

But yeah I'm really curious to know how others feel about that too, because it's like erasing the milestones the trans community has made and then there's these pseudo boys trying to act cis but yet try to identify with the gay community, it's like no?? That's not fair?? 

I am out of rep, so I will upvote GoMons soon! I love me a well put together thread starter.

I 100% agree with you. I feel kinda out of my zone as I'm cis, but it does seem they do trans-erasure while still benefiting from the support of the LGBTQA+ community? (They as in him and Knite) I would not have heard of them if it weren't for the community. 

Posted (edited)

I am out of rep, so I will upvote GoMons soon! I love me a well put together thread starter.

I 100% agree with you. I feel kinda out of my zone as I'm cis, but it does seem they do trans-erasure while still benefiting from the support of the LGBTQA+ community? (They as in him and Knite) I would not have heard of them if it weren't for the community. 

@Siwon did you hear about Geheichou's trans issue before?

Edited by GoMons

Posted

Ugh, first time seeing this guy and I actually like his art. I hate finding good artists and finding out they have crappy personalities. :Alpacamad:

Posted

I remember seeing that gif of him pulling back his hair on tumblr like 5yrs ago damn I never thought he'd be like this LOL

his art is really nice though, sucks about the shitty personality towards fans

Posted

Well, there also problems because of some of his cosplays are bought, we are going to add more info soon! It was going to be complete but I added it late.  :alpacadone:

Oh makes sense! As long as he didn't claim he made them, that's cool.

But of course I bet he'd claimed he made it.

Posted

No I don't expect him to come out at all but I don't really think it's okay for him to pretend he's one thing and still benefit from another community, does that make sense??? Like its complaining about one thing yet still benefiting from that so called problem 

Posted

I think for him to say "oh darn my androgynous face makes me look like a girl!!" When he is trans and his sex is female, is wrong. You don't need to be super open about being trans or anything like that but he seems to want people to think he's a kawaii cis boy that cross dresses and is a gay "boii yaoi XD"

personally im trans and I find it annoying and dumb that he would do that... Not wrong, just annoying 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Wadanohara

Posted (edited)

Long post, I'm sorry. Things I mention: interaction with Gehe on Tumblr, thoughts on trans and FTM, Knite mentions.

Long time lurker and I have actually been waiting for this thread. I've been a follower of his for a since his SNK Levi cosplay rise and I'm aware of him being trans. If he ever reads this, he will probably figure it out, but I once (this is my own fault and problem) went too far in his archive of his old blog and saw some things during his early transition when he was open about it. I messaged him and told him that those posts were still up; that I was only mentioning this to him with no intention of telling others; and gave him the link in case he wanted to remove it before someone, with similar actions like mine, would find and probably do something with it. I believed that he wanted to keep the idea of being trans a secret, so I let him know so he could delete them. I don't believe I was doing him any favours and on my behalf, I was being a frightening stalker. Well, anyway, he blocked me. I don't really know where I am going with this story, but I was pretty disappointed in myself, I should've just kept my mouth shut, but he's done well to pretend he has been a cis-man all his life and those are his choices.

I agree that trans people shouldn't be forced to go around telling everyone that they are trans due to transphobia, and I have no issues with him because it's his life, but I just wanted to share my first, last and only interaction with him. 

There has been a few callouts, however, and I have 0 screenshots or evidence because I'm more into taking mental notes. The first being when a real friend of his started writing things about him to his first blog, arseniks, about how he is an FTM. The second was an Instagram account created early this year (?) calling out about how he was trans and accusing him of being a liar. Pretty sure Knite got involved to defend Gehe, which is no issue because it's what friends do.

A bit off topic, but Knite has been on and off about being trans. My friend used to really like him, then Knite came out as a cis-female, and there was a slight disappointment in their reaction. Knite has gone back to identifying as a male though, as you can see.

@Wadanohara, I feel really rude to say it, but since you have already, I'd like to say that I agree with you. I have seen a lot of people (from Tumblr mostly) labelling themselves transmales and creating a "yaoi uke" (as you call it) aesthetic. There are people who do it and I don't accuse that every FTM wants to be a "kawaii anime boy". It's... just a bit ridiculous, in my opinion, that being trans has turned into some kind of accessory - some kind of fanservice.

I admire people who embrace themselves for being trans. One cosplayer I can make note of his twinfools. I've seen him progress and I've seen fans support him. He's really cool and he definitely doesn't pretend he's cis just for the compliments in the comments. I think people in the same situation as Gehe and Knite need to realise that honesty is crucial, especially to strangers that admire you for your characteristics. My friend is not transphobic, by the way, they are pansexual and is non-binary, but like them, people will be disappointed and not everyone will take it light-heartedly. The Instagram user who called out Gehe was very salty about his "lying." There will be a lot of people like that. I guess it's also understandable why they'd prefer not to reveal the truth because people can turn really nasty.

At this point, I can't really say as to what is the right or wrong thing to do. Except that Gehe (and Knite) should know that there are people who are aware - we aren't idiots, and we support them for being who they are today. It's more appreciated though if they weren't rude to their fans or tried to hide themselves because they are afraid of hurting their internet reputation. Just my input.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Also! I'd just like to make note that I don't hate him at all. People have opinions and this is my own. I really like his art and his cosplays. I'm an aspiring artist myself and I'm envious of his talent and skills. I think he's great at drawing anatomy and handling all kinds of mediums. His personality doesn't suck but... it is a bit annoying sometimes.

Edited by ohgod09