• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Language exchange anyone?

37 posts in this topic

Posted

I can offer German as well as  basic japanese :alpacabored: (3rd semester student)

Dudeee! I would love to learn German! I took 1 year of german, but my teacher's method was just grammar... And sadly I don't know anything about grammar neither in english, portuguese (my native language) and spanish (I can understand, but I don't speak nor write in it haha). If you want I could try and teach you some portuguese (brazilian)! :alpacacrush:

Posted

Dudeee! I would love to learn German! I took 1 year of german, but my teacher's method was just grammar... And sadly I don't know anything about grammar neither in english, portuguese (my native language) and spanish (I can understand, but I don't speak nor write in it haha). If you want I could try and teach you some portuguese (brazilian)! :alpacacrush:

ah I'm currently studying japanese so I'm kind of planed out with learning languages myself xD
but German grammar is a bitch so its good that you got to learn that ^-^ you can always pm me

Posted

hiii I'm learning Japanese at my uni. i would love to be able to have some help with japanese (i have taken 2 semesters so far)~ 

I can help out with english or even basic/intermediate spanish.

Posted

Can anyone help me out with French? 

I live in Louisiana and want to go to the French Tables sometime 

Posted

I'm cuban living in Spain so my native language is spanish, I also know portuguese (lived there for a time) and love to increase my English (buuut for that I have this forum, I think xD) also I would love to learn some german 💖

Posted

I'd love to improve my rudimentary French. I speak English and I'd also be willing to help with Russian. I'm a native speaker, but a bit rusty since I don't get to use it much, so I could use some practice.

Posted

Long shot, I know, but I would love to learn some more Korean, mine is worse than elemental :alpacadone:
Maybe someone is studying as well but further than me and could help me out..?

I could offer fluent German and some Japanese (N1).

Posted

;-; i only know english... but i want to learn spanish and Japanese(ik you're not suppose to learn two at the same type since itll be quite confusing but..." 

:alpacadone: i have nothing to offer everyone knows english already ;; 

Posted

I'd really appreciate any recs for French TV shows, and music! I've listened to La Femme, but all my favourite songs by them are in English lol. I love anything jazz or with synth, but I'm open to anything tbh. And any current TV show would be fine.

If anyone wants help with English grammar and just any checking over work, let me know!

Posted

@Sodapop I want to improve my English and I know Spanish.   :alpacacrush:

Posted

I remember seeing this thread a while ago and thought it was a great idea! Lately I've been thinking about getting a penpal/trying a language exchange with someone. I know some users on pull are very private (myself included) to an extent so I've been searching online and I found a few websites and apps. One in particular is called mylanguageexchange.com and so far it seems legit. If anyone knows/can reccomend a good site/app for this please share! I only know English so I'm right there with Sodapop. But if you want to learn/practice English feel free to message me! ^-^

Posted

LMAO i got English and das it and i barely have that X,D

Posted

Hi! This is a great idea. I'm a native Spanish and Catalan speaker and I'm currently learning German :alpacacrush:

I'd really appreciate any recs for French TV shows, and music! I've listened to La Femme, but all my favourite songs by them are in English lol. I love anything jazz or with synth, but I'm open to anything tbh. And any current TV show would be fine.

If anyone wants help with English grammar and just any checking over work, let me know!

I don't speak French but you should check Stromae. His music is awesome. 

Posted (edited)

My native tongues are Swedish and French, so if anybody's interested in learning one of those languages, feel free to PM me! Do note that I might make slightly more grammatical errors in French than your average native French speaker since most of my schooling was taught in Swedish, however, I would still say I'm fluent.

Currently I'm learning Japanese, I also know some basic Italian but it's gotten a bit rusty over the years.

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

I am a British expat but I was born and raised in Hong Kong so if anyone is interested, I can help with English, Cantonese and Mandarin. I also have fluent level (native) in both as well as my English. 

I would love to exchange with someone for Korean as well as German ❤️