Most overrated/underrated singers?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

very very underrated. this should have millions of views imo :alpacabored: 

Noisettes

overrated: basically every pop group/artist that is trending nowadays. 

Posted

Underated: Corinne Bailey Rae, CHVRCHES, Lovelyz

Overrated: Justin Bieber(ngl i like some of his songs but hes just too popular for being an ass), Halsey(that one song thats always on the radio suchs ass)

Posted

Overrated:

- Beyoncé - good voice and a good performer but I think people need to let it go now. I always feel for Kelly and Michelle because Destiny's Child was basically "Beyoncé ft. 2 others" and she had the solo career as well. 

- Meghan Trainor - her sjw-like songs annoy me to no end. FACT: not all men like fat girls, sorry.

- BTS - literally sick of the sight of them, there are tons of groups out there that match if not exceed but I think their fanbase are 90% of my problem with them. 

- Singer/songwriters that are just trying to be Ed Sheeran when frankly one Ed Sheeran is enough.

- Ed Sheeran 

Underrated:

- The 1975 - I think people sleep on them because they don't really fit into a specific genre, which is one of their best attributes.

- Victon - I think they were overshadowed a little by the other rookies that debuted this year.

Sorry, most of these are groups rather than singers. :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

although she had a lot of radio time and stuff with her songs alessia cara deserves way more reconization because her songs actually have meaning to them and shes trying to change the way this generation is. while we have big ass artists like rihanna talking about sex and what not, alessia cara is one of the small amount of artists who actually try with their music and can ACTUALLY sing.

Posted

Overrated: I agree with a lot or people in this thread that say Beyonce. Like, I'm legitimately trying to figure out why so many people refer to her as "Queen" and all this stuff, and I kinda get it, but not really. I was talking to my friend about her one day (He really likes her), and he said something like 'Just because she's better than you doesn't mean she's overrated" and i was like lol. She's a good performer, yes, there's no doubt about it. But, is she really that distinctive from the many other pop artists? Not really. I do applaud her for going in a more artistic direction with her new music, though.

Underrated: Too many people. Artists that come to my head atm: Lana Del Rey, Marina and the Diamonds, Bjork (People should call her queen instead of Beyonce in my opinion lol), Janelle Monae, Joanna Newsom, etc. I could go on all day honestly.

Posted (edited)

Okay this is gonna be a very unpopular opinion but I honestly reckon Twenty One Pilots, Halsey, Melanie Martinez and Fall Out Boy are so overrated, like its just edgy "tumblr music" and I just don't see the appeal,I also kinda think Die Antwoord are overrated (even though they're my guilty pleasure :alpacaheadshake:

I can't think of any underrated musicians at the moment

For underrated: The Noisettes and Wolfmother, 

Edited by Sparklefist

Posted (edited)

Underrated:

Joey Dosik

Daniel Caesar

Sabrina Claudio

JMSN

Anderson .Paak

Corinne Bailey Rae

Overrated: 

Ed Sheeran. He's so boring and comes of a someone who didn't even make the finals of The X-Factor. The A Team was the only good song from him.

Coldplay. I can't stand them.

Edited by flower

Posted

Overrated: taylor swift, ed sheeran, twenty one pilots 

underrated: santigold, grimes, death grips, dance gavin dance 

Posted (edited)

Overrated:

Melanie Martinez

Her vocal range is weak, when she sings she sounds like she's out of breath 24/7 and really nothing interesting visually. Still a fan though even though I fucking hate crybabies, such a toxic fandom.

Halsey

Pretentious fake cunt, has an okay voice but she tries so hard to sound like Melanie Martinez, which is a new low. She also tries so hard to be alt and 'relatable', isn't alt though, like, at all. She literally looks so awkward, your average pop artist face went crazy and dyed her hair blue.

Selena Gomez

Cannot sing for the love of god

Justin Bieber

He isnt a bad singer but really average. He is just famous cause he's considered hot.

Underrated

Sia

OH MY GOOOOD SHE IS SO GOOD A++++ 

Katy Perry

BEFORE YOU JUMP ONTO ME she has fame, I'm not complaining, but everybody loves to diss her and it's so unfair, honestly. She is talented and has her own style and is such a pleasant person.

Marina and the diamonds

Dont let me get started. She is a queen. She deserves the world. One of the most underrated artists in the industry. I have no idea why she flops so hard in everything she tries she is so amazing.

Kero Kero Bonito

dfjhdsjghadfjghdfigigh listen

Mars Argo

More artistic, less pretentious (im looking at you Poppy girl)

Edited by Generic Loli

Posted (edited)

For K-Pop:

- Luna... LUNA... LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNA! Luna is so talented in all departments and her voice is a gem. Check out her performance of Sad Fate on Masked Singer to see part of her incredible range. I was so upset that her solo album didn't sell well and am definitely still salty about it to this day, haha!

lunaaa ;-; she is imo one of the best acts in kpop. like, ever. her dancing is incredible, her singing is literally beyond compare, she's pretty and has a banging bod, AND her songs are ALL bops!!! i daresay she sounds even better than taeyeon most days lol... i don't understand why she's so underrated, despite her being from f(x) a lot of people don't even know about her :((( when she did the honey bee (or something) collab with solar and hani, people were asking who she was................

edit: ok and also i wanted to talk about how underrated CLARA is, most people might know her as clara c (she came out of that asian youtube singing circle back in the days, i think her rocketeer cover was super popular???) but her new songs are so damn good, ugh... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwwtAT_exxE 

Edited by mouffette

Posted

Overrated: everyone you guys said, but specially Beyoncé, BTS, and Melanie Martinez!

Underrated: I'd say Hayley Kiyoko, her voice is beautiful and her songs are so nice :alpacalove: (at least in my country nobody knows about her idk in USA) 

Posted (edited)

Overrated : Beyonce, BTS, Taylor Swift, Cardi b

Underrated: Kohh, Sevdaliza, Azealia Banks, Sik-k, the neighbourhood

Edited by kohh