• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

57 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm still subscribed to Miles because I found his content funny and his beauty videos satisfying to watch. His older stuff..... Also full offense, but that wig looks fucking trash:beardo:

his content has been boring/stagnant for a while now but i decided to watch one of his recent vids and i can't believe his wigs STILL look busted! he and his friends looked a mess on that japan/korea trip and i really thought he'd improve since then but i guess not. it's hilarious how defensive he gets when people call him out on it tho

Screen_Shot_2019-02-22_at_11.57.46_PM.th

"it's not for you" then why did you make a whole ass tutorial on it? isn't the entire point of tutorials to share a look so people can copy it? lmao. i honestly don't know what went through his head while making this video

also didn't he say he was leaving the k-pop/kawaii scene? but his fashion is still kawaii inspired and does k-pop drag shows regularly (from what i've seen on his insta stories)

Posted

Honestly I thought that the wig video was supposed to be a joke given the fact that he's more known for his humour rather than his makeup/hair skills. The front looks okay but the back...:beardo: and that dye job too. I know its his wig and he can do whatever he wants with it but if he really didn't like it  he would have been better off donating that wig or whatever and buying a new one or as @andherflowers said paying someone else to do it.

I would have thought it was a joke if it were his first wig transformation, but he has a history of liking jacked up wigs or jacking up wigs.

Posted

Not sure why he chose to photoshop/edit the thumbnail of his new video like this. Looks like he tried to make himself look Asian or something? 

pt2019_03_14_17_25_16.jpg

Posted

Not sure why he chose to photoshop/edit the thumbnail of his new video like this. Looks like he tried to make himself look Asian or something? 

pt2019_03_14_17_25_16.jpg

I don’t think so. He just put his blush higher up as is Japancentric. And that pout in the first photo is the Asian selfie pout. But otherwise, he didn’t change his features to look Asian. IMO 

Posted

i know this thread is pretty dead but i was wondering what you guys think of this??

CB16F0A5-330C-4537-996A-4349DE766D9E.jpeg

Posted

its a bit petty but understandable.  

Posted (edited)

i know this thread is pretty dead but i was wondering what you guys think of this??

CB16F0A5-330C-4537-996A-4349DE766D9E.jpeg

as another poc i found this kind of funny, but can also see how others may find it adding more fuel to the fire

its meant to be commentary on other beauty gurus/influencers creating looks that seem to be inspired by cultures and what's popular on social media. other people have taken advantage of black pride by creating "makeup looks," but appreciation should go WAY beyond aesthetics. creating and profiting off of a look/trend based off of a culture is cheap but sadly it works... 

i think miles was wanting people to go apeshit on that post so he could prove a point (if this isn't okay then why is the other one okay?)

Edited by yams

Posted

as another poc i found this kind of funny, but can also see how others may find it adding more fuel to the fire

its meant to be commentary on other beauty gurus/influencers creating looks that seem to be inspired by cultures and what's popular on social media. other people have taken advantage of black pride by creating "makeup looks," but appreciation should go WAY beyond aesthetics. creating and profiting off of a look/trend based off of a culture is cheap but sadly it works... 

i think miles was wanting people to go apeshit on that post so he could prove a point (if this isn't okay then why is the other one okay?)

yeah! i figured it was meant to be satirical (?) especially since miles isn’t afraid to step on anyone’s toes when it comes to discussing black issues :alpacaheadshake:

the comments are so heated tho oof

Posted

it's not just "inspired" makeup btw. straight up black face was happening in the beauty community, there was a beauty blogger last year that made up "chocolate challenge" aka blackface challenge and there's been other cases since then where white ppl or non-black PoC are doing black/brownface for the sake of "beauty." that's why i'm not surprised Miles went this far

Posted

it's not just "inspired" makeup btw. straight up black face was happening in the beauty community, there was a beauty blogger last year that made up "chocolate challenge" aka blackface challenge and there's been other cases since then where white ppl or non-black PoC are doing black/brownface for the sake of "beauty." that's why i'm not surprised Miles went this far

i don't follow the beauty community at all, i didn't know that happened wow 

Posted (edited)

i actually really like miles, i dont really watch him anymore that much but if you knew him back in the day... he's improved a lot as far as being a super cringey weeb 

i dont think hes perfect but im also not really bothered by him and the whole racist thing is actually hilarious to me, i dont think he's hurting white people with the joke. like, sensitive much?

Edited by slobberingdog
forgot abt the recent drama

Posted

Ive been watching miles since his scene high school days. i LOVE miles.