• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

57 posts in this topic

Posted

I love Miles, I'm also subscribed to him lol. He doesn't seem like a weeaoboo/koreaboo/fetishizer to me. He's still in touch with American culture, and gives the message to people not to forget themselves just because they like another pop culture.:alpacacrush:

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu3UFWrKp-E

I don't know how to embed videos.... but I really enjoyed this one! I love MilesJai, btw. I really like watching his videos even though I don't apply my makeup as he does or wear weaves (I love that Weave Review theme song + his rating system has me cackling every time), but I think he's enjoyable to watch.

Posted

I love Miles and he is so underrated. We need more black make up and kawaii culture lovers (because it's so heavily dominated by white people)

Posted

I love Miles and he is so underrated. We need more black make up and kawaii culture lovers (because it's so heavily dominated by white people)

You should watch timaloveslemons, she's a friend of miles they also have a mutual friend but I am not sure what her youtube is

Posted

You should watch timaloveslemons, she's a friend of miles they also have a mutual friend but I am not sure what her youtube is

thank you, i looked her up . i think they went on the japan/korea trip together. she's really cute.

Posted

Okay I actually LOOOOVE him and his content, like the only thing i'm turned off by is that he can come off as a bit of a weeb

Posted

I love him too!! But I don't think he's a weeb. I mean he's pretty proud to be black and he's not hiding it lol. He does make me cringe slightly at times but meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone knows what his job is beside YT? I mean, he always goes to all these events on snapchat. 

Posted (edited)

TBH i feel like he's becoming more obnoxious lately, I'm still subscribed to him but I feel like he's losing more of his "charm" and he's starting to rub me the wrong way.

I don't hate him or anything, but I feel like his content's quality has gone down.

Edited by Sparklefist
too nitpicky

Posted

I stopped watching his makeup-focused videos a while ago because they always had such bad application and stuff but I feel like he's gotten a lot better lately and seems to be working more with his features. He's really funny/seems kind so I'm happy I can watch him again without feeling TRIGGERED by his application.

Posted

I adore Miles! His like mah status video made me subscribe to him. :D 

These are two of my favorite old videos of his.

Posted

I love Miles. I doubt he's a K/J-boo; his channel is more than that and there's nothing wrong with being interested in K-pop. I personally think his best videos are his wig reviews--I wear wigs too and recently started watching review videos and he stood out to me because he's so funny and his reviews are in depth. 

Posted

I love him too!! But I don't think he's a weeb. I mean he's pretty proud to be black and he's not hiding it lol. He does make me cringe slightly at times but meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone knows what his job is beside YT? I mean, he always goes to all these events on snapchat. 

Yeahhhh I take this back.
I don't like him anymore lol.

Posted

Yeah, I'm sorry but I don't really know if I trust Miles anymore. 

Posted

What happened?

Posted

What happened?

He is supporting edward avila who just made another video basically making fun of pc culture, saying that arguing for change and acknowledging aspects of society that is unfair and racist/colorist doesnt do anything, and then perpetuates the idea that pale skin is more desirable along with him making a 22 minute video bodyshaming a 15 year old girl 

Miles has spoke out before for more POC representation but only when it benefitted him (such as being on an LGBT panel at vidcon) but edward literally denounces people who try to change society and get rid of harmful beauty standards etc and miles wrote in the comments of edward's video "sips tea"