• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

instagram Plaaastic/GG

1709 posts in this topic

Posted

Risultati immagini per applause gif

Welcome to the Hall of SnowFame, GG

Posted

That's where I have to chime in. Maybe it's because I'm from Central Europe, but here her "art" isn't grotesque. Most of kids had made photos like hers at some point. She did cheap edge and somehow made it sell - but I'll give that to her, she's very capable of selling half-assed, below-mediocre things. Idk if y'all been to tumblr, but type in dark and you really get what she was serving, even better most of the time, done by people who don't even try to create art. 

Feel free. And I've seen far darker but to a lot of people her brand is considered creepy/grotesque. Her art was dark  but... I've seen stuff that pushed beyond art into.. something else via tumblr. xD

Posted

I agree with this. Her art isn't really that revolutionary, much of it is based on other artists (not just the imitation of specific artwork like Trevor Brown or the tongue selfie with Sheidlina, but also entire concepts like her website being based on the Chip-chan mystery), a lot of her photos can be directly compared with pretty "generic" deep/edgy art on Tumblr, and if you compare her feed to Sheidlina's, it's quite obvious that she doesn't really put a lot of effort into her setups except for a few collaborations with other photographers. I'm not saying her art is a complete ripoff, but calling it genius is a bit of a stretch. She is definitely creative and has a way of connecting with people, but she also has the added bonus of being a very attractive, thin, Asian woman who detailed the tragedy of her life story (who knows how much of that is true with what we know now). Making shitty decisions like marrying someone one week after meeting them, deciding to move in with Sheidlina "after six hours of knowing her" as she said in a post - a lot of her tragic life events could have been easily prevented. But it's almost like she needed tragedy to support her artistic message.

The current situation is a great example. At first, when all the news broke with the hacker, I felt guilty because I was the one who posted the WhoIs information in this thread (albeit censored), however - she screams about getting doxxed, but she was the one who made her information publicly available in the first place.  Someone in the early pages of this thread said she had a job in IT - and she has no clue about WhoIs privacy? When you register a domain, it even prompts you with a little question box that asks if you want to purchase privacy for your domain. Every time. I'm supposed to believe that for the two domains she registered after going off the grid, as someone who has worked in IT and has experience in being "famous", she ignored the prompts asking if she wants privacy protection for an extra 5 dollars a year? Come on. I'm not saying she doxxed herself on purpose, but being this careless makes me doubt her story even more. Nobody who has IT knowledge, experience with fame, and is being hunted down by extremists would be this ignorant.

Yes, she's mentally ill. Yes, she's a creative person and her art is enjoyable. But the way she curated her image so very, very carefully makes her art seem a lot more profound than it really was. Even her new identity was a ripoff of Poppy. She's derivative, dishonest and her facade is falling apart.

I have one question about Nhi I hope you as an admin can answer: Nhi is claiming she submitted a long as post to PULL, under a new sockpuppet, that is "pending approval". Are you able to verify that?

Its yet another thing she has said that might as well be a lie, given threatening to sue Nyx....

Posted

Perhaps I should add that I said most not all. To a lot of people they would find her photos provocative, genius, grotesque depending on who it is. I mean...it's not new to me since... I've seen stuff like Naked Lunch. (If you have not seen the film it is trippy lol). Just putting into perspective that... for a person who may have never seen anything like it before... they would find her revolutionary. A lot of people vibed with Melanie Martinez before the allegations.. and even you find there are more who still do, you know what I mean? I try to put myself in other people's place to better be able to sympathize or even empathize, and I imagine a lot of people who discovered GG, might have had trauma, depression and were in such awe of her. Again before PULL I never knew anything about her myself.

I'm basing it off of what I read here in the earlier pages and what was expressed throughout after her "suicide". She seemed to have resonated with a lot of people and those people were moved by what she wrote and what she posted. In hindsight it might seem foolish, but to a lot of people she was unique, artistic and captivating.

Posted

I have one question about Nhi I hope you as an admin can answer: Nhi is claiming she submitted a long as post to PULL, under a new sockpuppet, that is "pending approval". Are you able to verify that?

Its yet another thing she has said that might as well be a lie, given threatening to sue Nyx....

It's true, but I'm leaving it to Nyx to decide whether or not she wants to continue giving Nhi a platform, so I haven't approved it yet.

Posted

It's true, but I'm leaving it to Nyx to decide whether or not she wants to continue giving Nhi a platform, so I haven't approved it yet.

my opinion means nil, but, I'd say never post it. Don't give her the validation.

Posted

my opinion means nil, but, I'd say never post it. Don't give her the validation.

Yep. Same here. I don't think that anyone other than her would gain anything from it.

Posted

Have been thinking on it. Nhi's attempted PULL explanation is more bs trying to "fix" this mess. 

I would like to repeat, I am someone who felt really awful about Nhi's death. I asked my users not to speculate about her being alive with no proof out of respect for the "dead." I felt awful. I thought about her often. I'm sure we all did. When this came out I was in absolute shock. I honestly couldn't even believe it. 

She had her chance to come clean. She stated she was going to sue me for assisting in exposing her lies. (note: she literally has not contacted me at all).

She has no interest in being "real" with her fans, only to put a band-aid on her reputation. I don't plan on letting her spread more lies by giving her a platform here. 

I hope we land in the same jail cell.

:alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

So I'm new to this thread and ive been reading through it. Trying to make sense of something particular that confuses me but it still confuses me.:alpacaconfused:  Could someone please just briefly enlighten me if she is dead or not and if she staged her death or not.

Edited by Yuuto

Posted

So I'm new to this thread and ive been reading through it. Trying to make sense of something particular that confuses me but it still confuses me.:alpacaconfused:  Could someone please just briefly enlighten me if she is dead or not and if she staged her death or not.

You really only have to read the last couple of posts or so to get the answer to your question...

Yes, she faked her death, returned with a different persona, got caught and has been trying to do damage control and threatening lawsuits left and right.

Posted

You really only have to read the last couple of posts or so to get the answer to your question...

Yes, she faked her death, returned with a different persona, got caught and has been trying to do damage control and threatening lawsuits left and right.

thank you very much I've been digging threw the first pages ( 40ish and 70ish) to figure it out. Should've read the last page. :alpacaworry:

Posted (edited)

I think saying she faked her death gives far too much credit like she actually did something, she just lied basically. 

edit: she thrives on negative attention, she was probably hoping to become notorious for it. 

Edited by ghosty