• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

instagram Plaaastic/GG

1841 posts in this topic

Posted

Why doesn't she just get a job? >_>

she has 3-4 jobs...translation works, IT stuff etc. idk man but she doesn't seem lazy

Posted

she has 3-4 jobs...translation works, IT stuff etc. idk man but she doesn't seem lazy

how is she "poor" then? Lol. Something's weird about this...

Posted

probably wage difference in vietnam? i'm viet and i know an average viet person with jobs like her making around $300-400 a month is not an exaggeration. taking into consideration she's living in hanoi, one of the main city, expenses can be high. unless you were born rich or at least have a stable office job/own your own mildly successful business, i can totally believe she's struggling a bit. it's just how it is in viet nam. now she's moving to ho chi minh, things might get even harder because again, it's the city and she's basically starting from scratch again. i wish her the best. i know a couple young people owning fashion boutiques and is making it quite good in ho chi minh, so i'm looking forward to her fashion line and hope she'll be successful with it. she have a platform (her ig/tumblr), so it will come really handy in promoting her business. viet younglings are grabbing onto the current trends from korea/japan/u.s quite a lot these days. someone with a unique taste like gg can definitely succeed and garner attention if she plan things carefully with her brand. 

Posted

I really really don't mean to be offensive, please don't think of it like that, but you just have to read the whole thing she wrote to answer all of your questions. She lost her life saving before moving to a new city, sold her apartment so she got nowhere to stay, and the jobs she mention is to pay for the photos for her insta because she said it is too expensive to make a single photo that's why she's struggling. She splits half the profit made from the photo with her photographer but pay for all the cost that's why she can't focus on doing other things beside photo and work to have the money to make photo. And she wants to do more, hence the asking for donations

Posted

I really really don't mean to be offensive, please don't think of it like that, but you just have to read the whole thing she wrote to answer all of your questions. She lost her life saving before moving to a new city, sold her apartment so she got nowhere to stay, and the jobs she mention is to pay for the photos for her insta because she said it is too expensive to make a single photo that's why she's struggling. She splits half the profit made from the photo with her photographer but pay for all the cost that's why she can't focus on doing other things beside photo and work to have the money to make photo. And she wants to do more, hence the asking for donations

so she has four jobs but no money? I know people that live off just one or two not even high paying jobs. (No "life saving") Shes either wasting her money instead of making sure shes okay and has food and a home basically. Im not trying to be rude just srsly been wondering about this. She should find a cheaper place to live just outside the city or something. 

And does her husband work?

I love her style this just seems weird.

Posted

you can't "just live outside the city" in vietnam. no person born in the city move to the country EVER in vietnam because for the reason you are curious about, save money. kids in the country work their asses off studying for the opportunity to go to the city in hope of a better life, a better job. you make LESS money outside of the city doing hard labor for a few dollars a day, maybe. most family can't even afford to send their kids to school and the children would start working super early to help out their parents. 

sometimes you have to take into consideration that life is different everywhere. i'm not trying to be rude either. just trying to explain to you that life in vietnam is hard if you're not at least middle class. my family was middle class so we weren't struggling there, but we moved to america because life here IS better. without the right connections, even if i went to school properly and graduated, it'll be hard to even get a job and i'll just end up leeching off my parents or stuck with low paying office jobs. 

i believe gg is struggling. maybe not to the point of starving, but struggling to pay rent and such and not making enough to put aside savings. taking everything she said into consideration (paying for own props and shoots because her payments for the jobs are the free clothes). it really is not that weird. it's possible in other countries like the u.s, canada, etc to support yourself with one or two "not high paying jobs", but it's not always possible in vietnam unless the jobs pay really well. 

i hope i don't sound like a white knight. i'm not defending gg in any way, it's just because i'm viet and i know how things are in vietnam and all these people are suspicious of her when i've seen people lived this way before. struggling everyday. what i think is that gg should stop funding those shoots too much. i don't think the many different props are necessary. especially when she's not even getting paid MONEY. it's probably her passion, but right now is not the time to be extra. tone down on the shoots that don't pay money a bit until she's stable again. i think is what she should do. 

I totally agree with this

Government system in Vietnam suck ass so without a regular wages you barely make a living, not like the US that you can survive even without a job ( I have a Viet family too )

She got unique and popular because of her super complicated photos , i wonder what will happen if she toned down though

She doesn't do modeling for clothes brand, and may be she should try to do it because I think that will be a good source of income too? She kind of have a very Viet face though, which I think doesn't "sell" that well in Viet country ( ironic lol ). She is short too, but with her experience in posing for her blog she might make it

She just shared some photos on her facebook which makes me think she could be a model, she look so different here than what she usually portrays

This

13891913_904038923074521_815361298254682

13900133_904039009741179_156648210420619

compare to this

Posted

not everyone has the privilege to live in a country where 3-4 jobs gives you a cushy life

Posted

not everyone has the privilege to live in a country where 3-4 jobs gives you a cushy life

you can't "just live outside the city" in vietnam. no person born in the city move to the country EVER in vietnam because for the reason you are curious about, save money. kids in the country work their asses off studying for the opportunity to go to the city in hope of a better life, a better job. you make LESS money outside of the city doing hard labor for a few dollars a day, maybe. most family can't even afford to send their kids to school and the children would start working super early to help out their parents. 

sometimes you have to take into consideration that life is different everywhere. i'm not trying to be rude either. just trying to explain to you that life in vietnam is hard if you're not at least middle class. my family was middle class so we weren't struggling there, but we moved to america because life here IS better. without the right connections, even if i went to school properly and graduated, it'll be hard to even get a job and i'll just end up leeching off my parents or stuck with low paying office jobs. 

i believe gg is struggling. maybe not to the point of starving, but struggling to pay rent and such and not making enough to put aside savings. taking everything she said into consideration (paying for own props and shoots because her payments for the jobs are the free clothes). it really is not that weird. it's possible in other countries like the u.s, canada, etc to support yourself with one or two "not high paying jobs", but it's not always possible in vietnam unless the jobs pay really well. 

i hope i don't sound like a white knight. i'm not defending gg in any way, it's just because i'm viet and i know how things are in vietnam and all these people are suspicious of her when i've seen people lived this way before. struggling everyday. what i think is that gg should stop funding those shoots too much. i don't think the many different props are necessary. especially when she's not even getting paid MONEY. it's probably her passion, but right now is not the time to be extra. tone down on the shoots that don't pay money a bit until she's stable again. i think is what she should do. 

Alright no need to dislike my post for no reason I wasnt being offensive obviously I know little of vietnam and how shitty it is. Apparently its like hongkong where the price of living is ridiculous.

It seems like people are taking this personally because they live in countries like this. ..looking up more info made it clear why she was struggling. Honestly I would be trying to move tf out of vietnam. 

Also I dont live a "cushy" life so you dont have to be condescending. I just genuinely didnt know about the struggles of living in viet. Thanks for the info though learned something today.

Posted

I wonder if GG is a PULL member

Screenshot_20161229-013333.thumb.png.668

Posted

I wonder if GG is a PULL member

Screenshot_20161229-013333.thumb.png.668

don't think she has the time for it but her beliefs are quite on par with some members here not gonna lie xD

Posted

It sounds like she's describing Sasha, Sarah, and Wylona. So she probably is.

Posted

"Baby fetus" and "snow flakes" sound very PULL tbh. But may be it's her job and they are her "people" so she knows? I don't know. I kind of wish she tagged those people in though, a mass call out of all PULL topics that would be insane drama to watch lmao

Posted

It sounds like she's describing Sasha, Sarah, and Wylona. So she probably is.

And Sarah McDaniel

Posted

And Sarah McDaniel

I said Sarah