• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

instagram Plaaastic/GG

1837 posts in this topic

Posted

This is an unpopular opinion probably but I think we should collectively forgive her. I understand that being mentally I'll doesnt "excuse" manipulative behavior but if you look at it from her perspective, she was likely facing intense paranoia and fear that many of us will never understand. Sure, her bad actions dont suddenly become "okay" but they become more understandable given the circumstances. Especially if she really has passed away this time. We could never understand how she felt just from the internet. 

Posted

Before Nhi’s brother changes the privacy setting on his post announcing Nhi’s death, total strangers who hated Nhi for earlier writing the post about being hit by a man on the street would comment, laughing about how she’s faking it again, etc etc right under the post.

Based on Nhi’s later lies it’s possible that she exaggerated the incidence, but these people are downright rude to her brother, who did not participate in any of her lies and just lost a family member. Disgusting...

That's gross and nobody should drag her family into this. 

This is an unpopular opinion probably but I think we should collectively forgive her. I understand that being mentally I'll doesnt "excuse" manipulative behavior but if you look at it from her perspective, she was likely facing intense paranoia and fear that many of us will never understand. Sure, her bad actions dont suddenly become "okay" but they become more understandable given the circumstances. Especially if she really has passed away this time. We could never understand how she felt just from the internet. 

I think we all empathize with her and understand what made her the way she was. That's why almost everyone forgave her the first time around.

Posted

I think that Sheidlina was torn between her friendship with Nhi and being honest with her followers. She tried to give us some insights through cryptic tweets when Nhi faked her death. I don't want to excuse anyone, and felt totally betrayed since the return of Nhi, but I can understand how, as a friend, she wanted to protect GG and tried to help her by spreading and validating her lies.

Nhi has been dead to me for one year and I knew this day would come. She had lost all her creativity and her mask of ~sad fallen angel~. At the end, she was just a sad being.

tbh thoughout this entire thing l've been really really annoyed with her because of how vague and cryptic she was to the point i want her to shut up. but now i dont care anymore, and have no ill will towards her. it was never on her to tell her fans everything, especially when she herself was trying to figure shit out. i get that she was trying, and in all honesty i cant think of a more...orderly way of addressing the complete chaos that was Nhi's life. 

Posted

Let’s please avoid giving details about how she did it (if she really did it), there is a reason why the news don’t write details about people’s suicides, it can be very triggering. Let’s be responsible here.

Lena's instagram post already explained how she did it.

Posted (edited)

I'm just surprised by the lack of empathy for someone who's actually died this time, considering how many people were shook and upset initially a year ago...all because she had issues (delusions, lying, depression, anger, all symptoms of mental illness) a lot of you wouldn't understand or relate to... :/

But this is that kind of website...yet everyone was so caring originally...

Edited by Fey

Posted (edited)

I'm just surprised by the lack of empathy for someone who's actually died this time, considering how many people were shook and upset initially a year ago...all because she had issues (delusions, lying, depression, anger, all symptoms of mental illness) a lot of you wouldn't understand or relate to... :/

But this is that kind of website...yet everyone was so caring originally...

I mean yeah, everyone was caring and heartbroken until we found out she lied about committing suicide, and then came back to the Internet with another project and hid her face so no one would know it was her. Seemed like she would have been fine with everyone continuing to believe she was dead and mourning her while she started a new project. 

Dont get me wrong. I’m sad this is how things ended for her. But I genuinely liked her and her art when the first suicide announcement in October 2017 happened. I was a supporter of her as a person, as many were, and to figure out she disrespected all of us by faking suicide and then coming back later to start a new project with her identity hidden leaves many of us with a bad taste in our mouths.

Sure she made the “Plaaastic an explanation” video for YouTube, but she kept that on the down low and never posted it in a place where the majority of the Plaaastic fans could find it. To this day she has over 500,000 followers on the Plaaastic account and only 48,000 views on that video. There’s many people who still think she died back in 2017 and have no idea about any of the things that transpired this year.

As sad as I personally am that this is how her life ended, I still have a lot of other feelings as well. And after everything that happened this year, one of those feelings is a whole lot of nothingness.

Edited by AnarchyStocking

Posted

Lena's instagram post already explained how she did it.

I read that more as a metaphor, Nhi used to talk about her suicide attempt by hanging and tiptoeing back to life and so on. She said that she hasn't reached Nhi in a while and that she didn't leave a note, so I wouldn't take the post too literally.

Posted

Hello everyone, hope you’re all doing well.

It seems that there’s a little bit of conflict going on in this thread regarding people’s reactions to Nhi’s death.

While we understand that it must feel less than empathetic and perhaps heartless to show suspicion towards the recent situation, we ask that everyone please understand that due to Nhi’s background, it is a normal reaction. This exact situation has happened in the past, and people were heartbroken and mournful then, only to later be shown that their grief was all for naught. Being in a situation like that makes one feel like they’re being toyed with. It’s frustrating at the very least.

With this in mind, please understand that, until definite proof from an unbiased source surfaces, speculation is valid and fair. We’d thank everyone to make a collective effort to be understanding and not condemn anyone for feeling skeptical.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Being in a situation like that makes one feel like they’re being toyed with. It’s frustrating at the very least.

I don't find it frustrating please don't speak on behalf of everyone as if you can say their points of view even as a moderator, it's as a previous user said, it's a complex issue. I was so upset to hear that she died the first time. I was annoyed she faked her death, but thought MAYBE she needed time away from the internet, which can be toxic and devastating for some mentally ill influencers, or maybe she had a psychotic break. Give the benefit of the doubt.

It's not about you being toyed with, someone died...it's not about you.

That's what I'm trying to convey. Everyone here is being really like 'how could she do this to US?" but a human being just died at 23...

She has 500,000 followers on Plaaastic, but that doesn't mean that many people were even avid followers. And she's been known to buy followers too!

She doesn't owe fans anything. She's literally dead...if she can't take care of herself enough to not die, why do you expect her to take care of 500,000 people?

Edited by Fey

Posted

I don't find it frustrating please don't speak on behalf of everyone as if you can say their points of view even as a moderator, it's as a previous user said, it's a complex issue. I was so upset to hear that she died the first time. I was annoyed she faked her death, but thought MAYBE she needed time away from the internet, which can be toxic and devastating for some mentally ill influencers, or maybe she had a psychotic break. Give the benefit of the doubt.

That's what I'm trying to convey. Everyone here is being really like 'how could she do this to US?" but a human being just died at 23...

She has 500,000 followers on Plaaastic, but that doesn't mean that many people were even avid followers. And she's been known to buy followers too!

She doesn't owe fans anything. She's literally dead...if she can't take care of herself enough to not die, why do you expect her to take care of 500,000 people?

Thing is we don't really know if she is actually dead or not this time. I think most of us are going to be skeptical for a time.

Posted

@Fey it seems you’re struggling to grasp the concept, so I’ll make things very clear for you.

Moderators and Admins don’t exist to argue with you. We’re here to make sure the community is functioning well and that the rules are obeyed. Our word is final. If you can’t understand that and act accordingly, then maybe your place isn’t here.

Posted (edited)

Thing is we don't really know if she is actually dead or not this time. I think most of us are going to be skeptical for a time.

Makes sense, I believe it but let's see what happens.

No excuse for people to still be insulting her after her death is all, but I can understand being skeptical.

I'm gonna ignore the comment above me because it was a power play

Edited by Fey

Posted

I feel you but I also think that it's not fair to stifle the conversation here because we saw what happened last time. It's not about us, but she chose to be a public figure. It would be a different story if she was a private person who didn't want people to know that much about her. It's not about expecting her to "take care of 500,000 people". She embraced PULL, she had multiple accounts here and was happily mingling and spreading more rumors about herself and posting in threads about other flakes. The conversation is going to happen whether or not people disagree with it. If not here, then on lolcow or on other communities. We're all just looking for the truth in a very messed up situation. You don't want @Yuuna to speak on everyone's behalf, so please don't speak on behalf of others by trying to police them.

Posted (edited)

I think theres a general ignorance of schizoaffective disorder with psychosis, how life in vietnam is even though other vietnamese PULL members have spoken about it, (especially the lack of mental healthcare), but i feel theyve been ignored to make hasty judgements. we've been talking a lot about how her actions have affected us, but need to understand that pales in comparison to what she went though. I'm not poor. I make minimum wage and work full time. I own house now. My depression and anxiety are manageable. I'm not a drug addict. I simply will never know how brutal her life was behind the comfort of my screen.

In retrospect Nhi is a rather extreme example of untreated schizoaffective disorder with compounding illnessess, but not a unique case; she wasn't the only drug addict struggling, she just had social media as her platform. I'm at a point in life where I'm done pretending there will ever be a perfect spokesperson for mental illness, its just like wanting the perfect role model 2.0. Sometimes drug addicts/the mentally ill make fun of themselves to cope, so I feel people were overrecting with her "sad sells" tattoo and black humor, like have you never shat on yourself or crack inappropriate jokes to cope? There will never be a perfect spokesperson for something as complex as the human mind, just people at different stages in life. Sometimes its a train-wreck that you can only look at and can't do anything about it. You can only speak about your own illness, and hope others relate.

Edited by kyuutobani