instagram Plaaastic/GG

1695 posts in this topic

Posted

GG / Plaaastic

Blog // Instagram // Tumblr // Twitter // Facebook // PULL Account (Verified)

Image result for plaaastic

Information:

• She is Vietnamese and was sent by her parents to study in Singapore after an argument. She graduated last year and is back in Vietnam but is not close with her family. There's a lot more about this on her blog.
  • She has been really open about her eating disorder and depression, as well as her recovery. I think she became a vegan during her recovery, but has been hospitalised a few times.
  • She has her own clothing line Fablously Fucked, a co-owned one Nirvana street clothing and a biography, Error 404 coming out soon.
  • She got married very quickly to a guy called Paplaaastic. During this time, she stated she was very happy, and everything seemed to be normal.
    • Later, it was revealed Papaplaaastic was cheating on her with multiple other women and refused to change his Instagram name.
    • Eventually, he received so much backlash over it that he went private. 
  • GG came onto PULL around May 2017 and talked with some users. Overall, her appearance on PULL was very well received at first
  • Following her breakup with her husband in April-July 2017, she was plagued with many issues and negative experiences, such as people robbing her or breaking into her apartment
  • Tried to move in with her friend Sheidlina in Russia, but could not get a visa
  • Ended up supposedly taking her life sometime around October 1st, 2017
  • You can find some interviews with her here and here

Controversy

• Around May/June 2018, it was revealed that GG was actually still alive and did not commit suicide
    • Posts from her following her "suicide" did not indicate she had just committed suicide and seemed okay
  • Other rumors started where she apparently had cancer or was very sick, which was also later disproved
  • GG later says that she is very attention-seeking, hinting that much of the stuff she has said was probably exaggerated or untrue. 

Pictures:

Screenshot_2016-07-23-14-02-07.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-07-23-14-01-54.thumb.pngImage result for PlaaasticImage result for PlaaasticRelated imageRelated image

Announcement that she took her life (now confirmed to have been faked):

59d1071a73d74_ss(2017-10-01at05.17.05).t

Her biography:

Image result for Plaaastic

@Janet and @Hanae are currently translating the book into English, so if interested you can check their posts on the thread. Translation starts here.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Toukv
idk

Posted

Edgy cringe triggered.

Posted

I might be the only one that liker her thenxD She does her own thing im supporting her for that. Edgy or not

I like her :alpacacrush:

I admire her open-ness, I can understand why some may say she complains too much or is too edgy etc. But they (instafamous people) are all like that more or less.

She truly seems like an individual who hasn't changed much, before she found instafame she was always talking about her life in a similar tone, so I'm glad she didn't create this depressed, grungy persona for sympathy points.

Her marriage was super random, but stuff like that doesn't phase me anymore lol

Posted

i like her content for the most part!! it's cool, but i'm sorta into edgy stuff. to each their own, though. 

Posted

I think her style is kinda cool, maybe a little too ~EdGy~ for my taste.

Here's her lookbook too: http://lookbook.nu/plaaastic

Posted

I think some of her pics are cool but that's because I've always been into the more goth/alternative styles. She seems like a rich girl for someone living in Vietnam without a real job and money for her parents though. Does she make money through the internet?

IMG_20160724_231921.jpg

IMG_20160724_231904.jpg

Posted

I happened to stumble on her ig once and idk..... it seemed so weird. 

Posted

Some random account pmed a photo from her instagram to both me and my friend. That account had 0 followers and was on private. :/ 

Kinda seemed like self-promotion, which automatically turned me off from her even though I kinda like her aesthetics(some of the photos, not all)

Posted

Some random account pmed a photo from her instagram to both me and my friend. That account had 0 followers and was on private. :/ 

Kinda seemed like self-promotion, which automatically turned me off from her even though I kinda like her aesthetics(some of the photos, not all)

Weird! That sounds like the worst kind of self promo I've ever heard of xD, I hope it wasn't GG, might have been a creepy fan ? :alpacadone:

Posted

No idea, but I'm guessing it's more of a promo because lots of random accounts that are used to self-promote tend to follow the trend of generic profile picture, private account, 0 followers but lots of following. 

Oh, and if she's not a Singaporean Citizen or PR then she probably is rich to be able to study here. A private diploma here costs SGD 22,000(about 16,168 USD) but things can be more or less expensive depending on what she's studying and which school. Factor in her rent(rent can be quite ex too), food, spending money ect.. 

Posted (edited)

No idea, but I'm guessing it's more of a promo because lots of random accounts that are used to self-promote tend to follow the trend of generic profile picture, private account, 0 followers but lots of following. 

Oh, and if she's not a Singaporean Citizen or PR then she probably is rich to be able to study here. A private diploma here costs SGD 22,000(about 16,168 USD) but things can be more or less expensive depending on what she's studying and which school. Factor in her rent(rent can be quite ex too), food, spending money ect.. 

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure she blogs for a living. She has constantly stated that she is broke. I don't know about her newer blog entries but at least in her older ones she has mentioned that she is in debt/has no money. I can't be bothered to pull up the exact blog posts, but if you read her blog she did talk about it before. Apparently a lot of brands contact her asking her to promo their stuff for free, but don't want to compensate her for advertising their clothes. She also mentioned she rents out locations to shoot in, pays her photographer, and other expenses (I don't think all her clothes are sponsored since her image is pretty curated? Some clothes are sponsored but a good amount probably aren't). I don't follow her, but I do take a look at her page sometimes. She's pretty edgy but I appreciate her originality and style - but she seems very unhappy a lot of the time (unsure of how she is lately). I hope that she can find happiness, tbh. I think she is really creative and a talented individual.

Edit - I don't think she lives in SG right now? I think she might be living in Vietnam at the moment. The t-shirt line they released lately is based in Ha Noi so I think it would make sense if she was living there presently.

Edited by kyara

Posted

She's got enough money to travel to Europe and wear expensive AF shoes (unless those were sent to her for free?) So she's not broke. 

Also I dont know much about Vietnam but is there a lot of people there with her style? Like does she really walk outside on a dailt basis wearing platform boots?