• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Marina Joyce (updated)

378 posts in this topic

Posted

i just heard the news on the radio (bbc radio 1) reporting that the police have confirmed she's fine and safely at home. i know some people were skeptical about others saying the police confirmed it, but i think this pretty much makes it concrete coming from an established news outlet?

i hope marina is ok, i can't begin to imagine how overwhelming this must all be for her. i just hope everyone calms down now and gives her some space.

Posted

I saw this totally random comment on Sophie's IG, but I guess there's never been such an incident and it's part of the ridiculous rumors?

About the ISIS thing I can tell you that literally everyone jumps to that conclusion now. Why would they kidnap a random white girl that barely anyone outside of the UK/YT knows? If the official police twitter account confirmed she's fine, then she was when they checked on her at least. I'm sure they'll keep an eye on the situation with the whole uproar still going on.

Screenshot_2016-07-27-09-21-26.png

Posted

This whole situation is quite all over the place, I'm watching it play out on Twitter and people are pointing out how she's liking the tweets of people asking if she's okay, what's happening etc. 

Update: I checked her Twitter and Emma Blackery says she's okay. I really just want confirmation on this so the situation doesn't worsen.

Posted

Has she said anything about all of this? I mean it is kind of weird if she hasn't, usually you'd think if there were crazy kidnapping rumors going around about you, you'd clear things up, in a video or ig post or something?

Posted

Has she said anything about all of this? I mean it is kind of weird if she hasn't, usually you'd think if there were crazy kidnapping rumors going around about you, you'd clear things up, in a video or ig post or something?

She liked Emma's post but other then that I'm unsure people are getting themselves hyped up. 

Posted

THE POLICE, I REPEAT, THE POLICE HAVE CONFIRMED THAT THEY VISITED HER AND THAT SHE IS SAFE AND WELL!

isnt that on the first page , lol?

I may be blind but I didn't see that on the front page 

people are still asking for proof even though they asked for the police to help and check her out and that's exactly what they did....

That can be changed ;)

I've updated the topic post now.

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one that finds it absolutely ridiculous that so many people have so much info to tell on this? Like, "The police told me" or "her family told me". No. The police wouldn't give out information so easily, especially if it were to cause a frenzy in the media. Also, the family members would want to keep this quiet. Everyone has become detective and immersed themselves in the topic to become relevant. They make it seem like it is about the other person when it is just "Me me me!". I hate that we do that. (Sorry for rambling).

No one has conclusive evidence. Bruises can be caused by multiple factors, the most common is anemia (iron deficiency, which most females have). We don't really know if she has a boyfriend. She does gateway drugs, but you don't have evidence of her doing "hard stuff". Also, she is a You tuber, this could all be just for fame. Anyways, if this were a dangerous situation (which it may possibly be), involvement in the media is just making it worse.

BTW this is just my input. I don't have any "evidence" or "clues" for this. I hope this girl is alright, and if she isn't, then I hope she gets better and her family will be loving and supporting. 

Edited by Thor

Posted

I'm honestly blown away how big this has gotten in a space of a few days. Her "Date Outfits Ideas" videos has blown up to two million views from being at around 300,000 yesterday. I am speechless how far people are taking this. How many times do the POLICE, HER FAMILY, HER FRIENDS AND EVEN HERSELF HAVE TO SAY IT'S OKAY FOR SOME PEOPLE TO GET THE MESSAGE. LEAVE HER BE.

People have started to FAKE MESSAGES AND VIDEOS?!!? How sad are do you have to be?! How fucking desperate for drama! I'm disgusted, these people are leeches that feed off drama so much that they fabricate it themselves. Marina is clearly trying to put on a brave face and resume her normal routine ( videos, meetups, parties) and people just won't let her. They are so intent on proving something is wrong it's almost as if they WANT it.

Ugh.

Posted

Am I the only one that finds it absolutely ridiculous that so many people have so much info to tell on this? Like, "The police told me" or "her family told me". No. The police wouldn't give out information so easily, especially if it were to cause a frenzy in the media. Also, the family members would want to keep this quiet. Everyone has become detective and immersed themselves in the topic to become relevant. They make it seem like it is about the other person when it is just "Me me me!". I hate that we do that. (Sorry for rambling).

No one has conclusive evidence. Bruises can be caused by multiple factors, the most common is anemia (iron deficiency, which most females have). We don't really know if she has a boyfriend. She does gateway drugs, but you don't have evidence of her doing "hard stuff". Also, she is a You tuber, this could all be just for fame. Anyways, if this were a dangerous situation (which it may possibly be), involvement in the media is just making it worse.

BTW this is just my input. I don't have any "evidence" or "clues" for this. I hope this girl is alright, and if she isn't, then I hope she gets better and her family will be loving and supporting. 

Isn't she also vegan? If she has a bad diet bruises are normal. I have had severe issues when I was vegan that showed bruises like that.

This was on a good day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/6_J6QupguR/?taken-by=cristy_ella

I think it is possible that veganism could cause some of those bruises. 

this is a live video of someone trying to reach her. 

Posted

For those hoping to find solid evidence that she is okay (or not okay-to which I hope she will receive the help she needs) 

image.jpg

Posted

Does she seem slightly off to anyone in this or is it just me?

I'm picking up literally nothing, it glitches out constantly with all the traffic - let alone with my awful internet speed. What kind of stuff is she saying? 

Posted (edited)

Does she seem slightly off to anyone in this or is it just me?

I think she's really overwhelmed, her friends were calling her crying because theyre worried by all of this bullshit. She's explained that the gun is her brothers bb gun (which isn't a real gun) and the finger/voices in the date outfit video was her moms aswell. The whole world is on her case right now, of course she's gonna be nervous. Also she's just clarified rn that shes NOT being held captive.

Edited by powder

Posted

The way I see it she is probably shaken up by the bruising event. She doesn't want to talk about it and doesn't have to. But it would explain a few things.