Marina Joyce (updated)

356 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It is important at this time to respect Marina and her family's privacy. Please do not contribute to the spread of any untruthful or damaging messages about this topic on social media as this could cause distress to those involved. Consider the hard facts, be sceptical of everything you see that hasn't come from a reputable source.  

Edited by mynameisseersha

Posted

I remember watching a video of hers once I hope she's ok

Posted

Just wondering, does somebody know who this guy on her twitter is?

marinajoyce.thumb.PNG.264e0b5698f3d7709b

Her boyfriend maybe?

Posted

the date outfit ideas video just seems really off. in other videos she doesn't have anyone filming her, now she does and she just sounds so forced and just weird. its definitely odd and the editing as well is off. hope she okay.

but on another note, could just be a ploy for views. would an abuser allow her to show her bruises for so long? she'll have to make a comment on it soon anyway if police are being called.

Posted (edited)

A bunch of people are also speculating drug use in the comments.

44ee67fce34c0d9d0d7da7d95cd78905.png

Does anyone know about the people she hangs out with?? I know this is pretty old but she made a video with veeoneeye and he's a pretty bad influence... (He got a 16 year old drunk and raped her) And also do you guys remember her story on Sam Pepper??

Edit: Marina and Jason (veeoneeye) still talk (via twitter at least) fb0d4869de73bbef62178b351688d006.png

I find it weird that some of her more recent videos have such bare descriptions when her old videos used to have descriptions that linked to her social accounts and all.

A lot of people have been saying she looks thinner:

b2657831d76cc3d8464c3388db461dc7.png

e1375d1e6207f1ea4bfd32c14ed643c9.png

Edited by f1ower

Posted

A bunch of people are also speculating drug use in the comments.

44ee67fce34c0d9d0d7da7d95cd78905.png

Does anyone know about the people she hangs out with?? I know this is pretty old but she made a video with veeoneeye and he's a pretty bad influence... (He got a 16 year old drunk and raped her) And also do you guys remember her story on Sam Pepper??

She hangs out with AlishaaRawrr (renamed her channel AlishaCat) and Anastasia May in that "date ideas" video she just posted. Neither post a lot on their channel, but Alisha has seemed to become weird, too (not as drastic as Marina, though). 

I suspect it is drug use. I know Alisha is one of those huge weed/pot people, but I'm not sure if she does more than that. 

Anyway, I feel like the way she (Marina) speaks reminds me of ex/current cocaine addicts I knew. Personally, I think it's a mixture of drugs and an unsavory boyfriend. 

Posted

Some other comments that pop out to me:

8b0ad8d6de929cb0aa67e75441e4585d.png

c49c0cd21e9dc3a1579aaa685a9106d2.png

Posted

Personally I've never heard of her before so I decided to just snoop around and watch some of her videos. I was watching "EVERY DAY MAKEUP TUTORIAL" and I saw a strange reply from her in one of the threads of comments, I don't know if she was responding to someone who deleted their comment or whatever. Kinda scary..
8e136d7ebb544c47bc4f2ea597b38318.png

Posted

I've never really been a fan of Marina as she always irritated me for some reason but recently when i clicked on one of her videos i was blown away by the change. She is CLEARLY mentally unstable and the worst part is you can watch her deterioate slowly through every video.. it's terrifying. I doubt she's doing recreational drugs because it goes against her ethics it seems but she has to be on medication either that, or she's suffering from Bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder or she could even be schizophrenic. Whatever it is she is in need of desperate help and i am disgusted that her boyfriend and family have ignored this for so long.

Posted (edited)

Just wondering, does somebody know who this guy on her twitter is?

marinajoyce.thumb.PNG.264e0b5698f3d7709b

Her boyfriend maybe?

I haven't heard of her until now but whatever is wrong I hope she gets help soon. I'm tired of people's misconceptions about bipolar though. People with bipolar do NOT change moods in a matter of seconds and everyone who has a mood swing is not bipolar. If she changed in mid-sentence then maybe she was reacting to someone in the room or maybe she has a different illness but its not bipolar. Sorry, I'm bipolar and these misconceptions of people with bipolar being crazy or dangerous. 

On another note, the guy in that picture gives off major creeper vibes. Like I'm getting serious "get the fuck away from him" vibes just looking at him and my parents always taught me to listen to that feeling. If those bruises on her arms are real, I wouldn't be surprised if he were the abuser. Is that her boyfriend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkxLowTapGY

Yeah I think so.

I did see a comment from someone who claimed to know marina on a video saying her boyfriend was actively trying to help her. I cant find that comment now but I do hope that really is the case. 

I'm glad people are going out of their way to help her. I hope she's okay. All this mad speculation might be quite ridiculous in comparison to the truth but there seems to be a lot of evidence to contradict the notion of 'everything is okay'.

editing

Posted

She hangs out with AlishaaRawrr (renamed her channel AlishaCat) and Anastasia May in that "date ideas" video she just posted. Neither post a lot on their channel, but Alisha has seemed to become weird, too (not as drastic as Marina, though). 

I suspect it is drug use. I know Alisha is one of those huge weed/pot people, but I'm not sure if she does more than that. 

Anyway, I feel like the way she (Marina) speaks reminds me of ex/current cocaine addicts I knew. Personally, I think it's a mixture of drugs and an unsavory boyfriend. 

Yes, Alisha seems to be very open about her drug use.

marinajoyce2.thumb.PNG.c7cc6cce838004816

While I think it's pretty obvious when Alisha is on drugs (just watch the first seconds of her channel introduction video), I don't get this impression from Marina at all. Now I do know very little about the effects of drugs as I've never came in contact with any, but from my perception Marina and Alisha don't use the same sort of drug or the effects are entirely different, if Marina is even using them. Alisha seems to become very happy, spacy and calm, Marina on the other side seems to be rather stiff and afraid. From what I've read about this topic it's not unusual that different people are affected differently by drugs, yet I still don't really think that drugs are a major issue for Marina's on-camera behaviour.

For me the abuse theory sounds more plausible, as Marina's behaviour slighty reminded me of Venus Angelic, when her mother was still in charge of her. On the other hand, why would the person abusing Marina let her show her bruises so obviously? If the person is in fact filming her last video (as many people assume), the bruises must have come to that person's sight. However, the person might not be in charge of video editing and Marina could've decided on her own to show the bruises even if she was told not to do so. Nevertheless it is questionable why Marina decided to show this to her viewers and not to her family or friends - and if she did, why don't they help her? Is she being controlled at such a high level, that she is too ashamed to talk about it with a person she relies on? (Not to judge her, just my thoughts on this)

I really don't know how to feel about this matter. I just hope that Marina will be fine.

Posted (edited)

While I think it's pretty obvious when Alisha is on drugs (just watch the first seconds of her channel introduction video), I don't get this impression from Marina at all. Now I do know very little about the effects of drugs as I've never came in contact with any, but from my perception Marina and Alisha don't use the same sort of drug or the effects are entirely different, if Marina is even using them. Alisha seems to become very happy, spacy and calm, Marina on the other side seems to be rather stiff and afraid. From what I've read about this topic it's not unusual that different people are affected differently by drugs, yet I still don't really think that drugs are a major issue for Marina's on-camera behaviour.

For me the abuse theory sounds more plausible, as Marina's behaviour slighty reminded me of Venus Angelic, when her mother was still in charge of her. On the other hand, why would the person abusing Marina let her show her bruises so obviously? If the person is in fact filming her last video (as many people assume), the bruises must have come to that person's sight. However, the person might not be in charge of video editing and Marina could've decided on her own to show the bruises even if she was told not to do so. Nevertheless it is questionable why Marina decided to show this to her viewers and not to her family or friends - and if she did, why don't they help her? Is she being controlled at such a high level, that she is too ashamed to talk about it with a person she relies on? (Not to judge her, just my thoughts on this)

I really don't know how to feel about this matter. I just hope that Marina will be fine.

Some of the people in the comment section of her videos have mentioned that the filming location is not the same as when she was living at home with her parents I cant find it to screenshot it.

pictures not supposed to be here

Posted

We agree to disagree. Alisha and Marina have gone to raves together, where drug use - of many drugs other than weed - is highly encouraged.

Untitled.thumb.png.81aeff7ce522ee48f1a4a

Granted, the photo in question was about a year ago. But still, Marina is or has likely done recreational drugs. 

Weed has become a lot more acceptable, whereas other drugs are still considered negative, so if either girl was doing anything more hardcore than weed, I doubt they would publicly state it. 

I feel weird because I personally knew two cocaine + other drug addicts and Marina's behavior reminds me of them when they weren't on drugs. But of course, that could just be a coincidence. They talked in this bizarre, fast, repetitive, yet stammering manner of speech, and blinked a lot in conversation.  

I have read theories that Marina is experiencing withdrawal symptoms from drug use, which might account for her behavior. 

The question I have about the possibility of abuse is why would Marina have friends over considering she has such visible bruises? I'm sure Ana and Alisha both noticed the bruises and would know why they are there. Either the bruise is genuinely from some random incident (maybe Alisha and Ana were there, even), Marina is covering it being abuse with some excuse that Ana and Alisha somehow believe, or it is from abuse and Ana and Alisha know that.  

Posted (edited)

We agree to disagree. Alisha and Marina have gone to raves together, where drug use - of many drugs other than weed - is highly encouraged.

Hidden Content

Granted, the photo in question was about a year ago. But still, Marina is or has likely done recreational drugs. 

Weed has become a lot more acceptable, whereas other drugs are still considered negative, so if either girl was doing anything more hardcore than weed, I doubt they would publicly state it. 

I feel weird because I personally knew two cocaine + other drug addicts and Marina's behavior reminds me of them when they weren't on drugs. But of course, that could just be a coincidence. They talked in this bizarre, fast, repetitive, yet stammering manner of speech, and blinked a lot in conversation.  

I have read theories that Marina is experiencing withdrawal symptoms from drug use, which might account for her behavior. 

The question I have about the possibility of abuse is why would Marina have friends over considering she has such visible bruises? I'm sure Ana and Alisha both noticed the bruises and would know why they are there. Either the bruise is genuinely from some random incident (maybe Alisha and Ana were there, even), Marina is covering it being abuse with some excuse that Ana and Alisha somehow believe, or it is from abuse and Ana and Alisha know that.  

Screenshot_2016-07-25-14-28-06.thumb.png

People think the timescales are different

getting rid of extra pictures