What is your general everday style??

122 posts in this topic

Posted

stylee.thumb.png.043a35d99532bcd79e11c1f

this is how i dress usually cause i'm tumblr weeb trash lmaoooo

how do you guys dress?

Posted

sad... I wear a uniform for work... wore uniforms for the whole of my schooling (even college) and then even at work. when I do have a chance to dress in what I want. it will be black black and black.

Posted

I usually wear jeans/ skinny jeans(my fave) and sometimes the same pair since i only have one pair. I'd wear a sweatshirt since I'm lazy, but its way too hot for that lmao. So I'd go with a tank top or a t shirt. For shoes I just wear the same sandals everyday (BC again lazy + hot weather). I used to wear those light up shoes you posted everyday. But I keep forgetting to charge them and i hate wearing socks haha. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by fiend

Posted

aaaa.png

Posted

I work 5-6 days out of the week but since I work for myself as a personal stylist/shopper I can wear whatever the hell I want. Granted I have learned depending on what I am doing (wardrobing clients or running around the shopping district buying and doing returns) my wardrobe may change - especially based on the weather too. 

I practically grew up in the Gaijin Gyaru community so I still wear the fashion to this day - although looking at Ageha's revival you can see how much it's watered down. Most people mistake it for "living doll" fashion since TLC did a special (specials?) because no one knows about Gyaru outside of gyarusa and online communities. I generally wear hime kaji and roma gyaru because it is quick and easy for me to do. . .probably since I have been doing it for so long. On my days off I have the time to wear hime gyaru but it's rare I wear it outside of that because keeping the volume in my hair and the cleanliness of my curls is hard when I am running around downtown carrying 20lb garment bags in my arms. Some days it's difficult enough to run in heels. (Slick wet sidewalks and heels can sometimes be a problem.) 

Even when I skip gyaru hair and makeup (which does happen on occasion) I am usually wearing pastels. I live a pastel colored life (it started with a few things and then seeped into everything). 

Posted

I look like a librarian, hopefully in a good way.

Posted

aaaa.png

i love the jacket shoes and the choker omg. sometimes i wanna dress like this but i'm scared i'll look like emo trash :(

I work 5-6 days out of the week but since I work for myself as a personal stylist/shopper I can wear whatever the hell I want. Granted I have learned depending on what I am doing (wardrobing clients or running around the shopping district buying and doing returns) my wardrobe may change - especially based on the weather too. 

I practically grew up in the Gaijin Gyaru community so I still wear the fashion to this day - although looking at Ageha's revival you can see how much it's watered down. Most people mistake it for "living doll" fashion since TLC did a special (specials?) because no one knows about Gyaru outside of gyarusa and online communities. I generally wear hime kaji and roma gyaru because it is quick and easy for me to do. . .probably since I have been doing it for so long. On my days off I have the time to wear hime gyaru but it's rare I wear it outside of that because keeping the volume in my hair and the cleanliness of my curls is hard when I am running around downtown carrying 20lb garment bags in my arms. Some days it's difficult enough to run in heels. (Slick wet sidewalks and heels can sometimes be a problem.) 

Even when I skip gyaru hair and makeup (which does happen on occasion) I am usually wearing pastels. I live a pastel colored life (it started with a few things and then seeped into everything). 

hime kaji and roma gyaru are some of my fav gal styles and I really wanna try it some day!! What do you say to people that mistake you for a "living doll"?

Posted

hime kaji and roma gyaru are some of my fav gal styles and I really wanna try it some day!! What do you say to people that mistake you for a "living doll"?

Roma gyaru is long since dead, hell even hime kaji is really really watered down from what it used to be. That being said, I like the styles and have collected plenty of magazines for reference when looking for a new hair/makeup style or want to refer back to a few outfits I've bookmarked. 

Depending on how the person makes the comment I will laugh and say something along the lines of "sorry to disappoint, i just like cute clothes" or a death glare with a plain "no, i am not a living doll". 

Fun story, if not a bit off topic:

I used to work at Hot Topic and this girl came in all of the time with a cheap eBay wig and awkward "lolita" clothes. They looked like Bodyline from way back when the brand first started. (Personally, I never got very into lolita but I know enough to tell what is cheap lace and a soddy sewing job.) She didn't wear makeup, which I think is fine, but it showed that she had really dark sunken circles and red spots on her skin. Her glasses (which looked awkward with her face shape but that is just my personal opinion) really showcased how bad her circles were. 

It got to the point when I would recognize her when she came in every other week. This girl must have been 18/19. So I figured she was getting into lolita and might even be trying to get into a local comm. So I struck up a conversation with her. Something along "Oh it's so cool that you are into lolita! It's great to see Japanese fashion still migrating over, albeit most of it's watered down for the general Western audience." This girl looks at me with a death glare and says in the snootiest tone. "Um, I'm actually a living doll." There was nothing doll-like or dolly about her apperance or her attitude. 

So my bad, I didn't know shittily made one pieces with matching socks and a hairbow wasn't lolita but "dolly fashion". To be honest, I thought the fact she was wearing converse was the same reason that she was wearing a shitty wig - she was new to the fashion and didn't know much about it. 

Posted

Roma gyaru is long since dead, hell even hime kaji is really really watered down from what it used to be. That being said, I like the styles and have collected plenty of magazines for reference when looking for a new hair/makeup style or want to refer back to a few outfits I've bookmarked. 

Depending on how the person makes the comment I will laugh and say something along the lines of "sorry to disappoint, i just like cute clothes" or a death glare with a plain "no, i am not a living doll". 

Fun story, if not a bit off topic:

Hidden Content

Omg I always thought that people trying do the living doll thing always denied that that's what they were doing (like how scene kids always deny being scene). Idk what I would've done in that situation....idk if i would laugh in her face or be really concerned for her.

That sucks that himekaji is really watered down. I hardly see anyone doing that or ott hime gyaru anymore :(

Posted

I dress however I feel like it for the most part. So sometimes it's street fashion with flatform boots and haremed sweatpabts with a nice crop too or jumper when i'm feeling lazy. Most of the time I'm dressed with platforms, skirts,  skinny jeans,  pinafores, crop tops,  etc. I also sew so I make whatever inspires me.  

IMG_20160516_083416.jpg

IMG_20160717_183827.jpg

Posted (edited)

I have been enjoying shopping in the man section lately but over all my fashion inspiration is pretty much around this sort of style.

5451a485a4a35ff8d541fbb90e07a730.thumb.jca652686535cea54d1a9c384ff39d66d.thumb.je3203e1c87a44325e779de95f421a41f.thumb.jbc30b1da965ef43243e29f963b97cdf8.thumb.je2012ca5309006c01bd29d768da1a74e.thumb.jf22840701ef2df94d3548a35384c0e0a.thumb.j

menswear attracts me lately I found It so much more comfortable and I am really not fan of that trend that shows to much skin, Its  too over "sexualising" women in my opinion 

between am I the only on one who hates summer clothing AUTUMN FOR THE WIN

Edited by zakka

Posted

I dress however I feel like it for the most part. So sometimes it's street fashion with flatform boots and haremed sweatpabts with a nice crop too or jumper when i'm feeling lazy. Most of the time I'm dressed with platforms, skirts,  skinny jeans,  pinafores, crop tops,  etc. I also sew so I make whatever inspires me.  

IMG_20160516_083416.jpg

IMG_20160717_183827.jpg

Looooove your shirt! :alpacacrush:

Most time of the day I´m wearing a lab coat for work, so nothing interesting about that. Underneath something practical and what can be ruined due to my work with acids and stuff ... *lol*

In my freetime it highly depends on my mood. But mostly black, with a more gothish or punkish vibe I guess...   

Posted

My style has been everywhere, lol. I used to care a lot about looking rich by wearing a lot of black and white, but nowadays I generally just wear anything giant and oversized because I don't give a fuck. 

I try to avoid anything that looks too girlish or cute because I'm small and look young so I'm afraid I won't be taken seriously. :alpacaworry: