• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

My Chemical Romance

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know what the fuck is going on and I surely won't sleep until this date- the entire fandom is going crazy.
MCR changed the profil picture on YouTube as well as their website and twitter.
What are your opinions? I need to talk about this oh god

Posted

I just saw this and i REALLY  hope its mean they are comming back. Shit i have another artist who is droping a album that day and it would be amazing if they could too!

What im confused about is the X at the end of MCR what does that stand for? Xtreem or something?

btw black parade was ok decent but ok 

Posted

I just saw this and i REALLY  hope its mean they are comming back. Shit i have another artist who is droping a album that day and it would be amazing if they could too!

What im confused about is the X at the end of MCR what does that stand for? Xtreem or something?

btw black parade was ok decent but ok 

I hope so too, they're my favorite band! Apparently the break up tweet got deleted off twitter.. I never saw the break up tweet since I don't have twitter so idk if it's true or not.
X is the Roman Number for 10 and many people think it's about the 10th year anniversary of Welcome to the Black Parade? But I think there's more to it than it just being for the anniversary, there's too much effort behind this. Why would they redesign a logo, their website and make such a mystery out of 'just celebrating' the albums birthday?
Omg xtreme as in xtremely confusing.

Tbh, I think my fave album is Conventional Weapons! (can i even call that an album lmao)

Posted

I hope so too, they're my favorite band! Apparently the break up tweet got deleted off twitter.. I never saw the break up tweet since I don't have twitter so idk if it's true or not.X is the Roman Number for 10 and many people think it's about the 10th year anniversary of Welcome to the Black Parade? But I think there's more to it than it just being for the anniversary, there's too much effort behind this. Why would they redesign a logo, their website and make such a mystery out of 'just celebrating' the albums birthday?
Omg xtreme as in xtremely confusing.

Tbh, I think my fave album is Conventional Weapons! (can i even call that an album lmao)

You can find tweets about the break up around the webz 

but if it is celebrating the 10th anniversary of Black parade then maybe we are getting a re-masted verson of that cd with new songs probaby im speculating here.

but then why the flag design change who knows either way its amazing!

I like their album three chrees for sweet revenge  Convential wepons can be consider a album why would it not? but i guess it would be consider a demo album by hipster douch bags

Posted

You can find tweets about the break up around the webz 

but if it is celebrating the 10th anniversary of Black parade then maybe we are getting a re-masted verson of that cd with new songs probaby im speculating here.

I like their album three chrees for sweet revenge  Convential wepons can be consider a album why would it not? but i guess it would be consider a demo album by hipster douch bags

so it's really only celebrating the Black Parade :alpacaworry2: I mean im really happy about that and respect their decision but they put so much effort in it and it looked so much like a 'restart' so they should've seen it coming. 

Three Cheers was their first album I've heard! At first I thought it was super weird but after giving it a second listen I fell in love :alpacacrush: Idk since they're always split in two? I really wanna get all the vinyls but.. money. 

Posted

My little emo heart was sad when I found out it wasn't a reunion/10th TBP anniversary tour but instead just a updated and re-released version of TBP. I knew it was too good to be true, but MCR/their label knew exactly what they were doing and what kind of reaction they would receive by releasing that cryptic video. 

Why would they redesign a logo, their website and make such a mystery out of 'just celebrating' the albums birthday?

BTW about the redesign/updated logo: it has a cross that represents rebirth or reanimation (I can't remember the exact word, but something along those lines) hence why everybody had HIGHER hopes for them getting back together and a reunion tour. Howeverrrr, apparently the cross/logo was one of the things they were considering for the original Black Parade release like it was part of the art or design they were sketching up but didn't make it and they ended up bringing it back (can't remember the exact name of the source, but it was in one of those the making of the black parade vids/dvd???)

But yes, you're right, so much effort to make us think one thing will happen only for them to go "bitch u thought." 

Posted

I feel so betrayed knowing it was all for the re-release. I had all my black eyeliner ready and digging out all of my old MCR shirts. I was READY AS EVER to go full emo again.
I'd give up everything to have them back to be honest.

Still going to buy the re-release though..

Posted

Bumping this thread heck yeah.

My little emo heart was sad when I found out it wasn't a reunion/10th TBP anniversary tour but instead just a updated and re-released version of TBP. I knew it was too good to be true, but MCR/their label knew exactly what they were doing and what kind of reaction they would receive by releasing that cryptic video. 

Gerard came out and said that it's all the label's doing, they don't really get to control what their label does about MCR stuff now. But there should be some unreleased songs that will be added to the re-release.

I hope they'll decide to do a reunion tour at some point. I saw Fall Out Boy last summer and it was like being 15 again. :alpacacrush:

Posted

But yes, you're right, so much effort to make us think one thing will happen only for them to go "bitch u thought." 

Even my mom thought they'd get back together and was at least a little excited (she was the one who showed me MCR).
also me seeing the video for the first time vs. when they told us it's only a re-release.

my chemical romance mcr helena

Bumping this thread heck yeah.

Gerard came out and said that it's all the label's doing, they don't really get to control what their label does about MCR stuff now. But there should be some unreleased songs that will be added to the re-release.

I hope they'll decide to do a reunion tour at some point. I saw Fall Out Boy last summer and it was like being 15 again. :alpacacrush:

Wow, if that's the case I DO feel bad about the flood of comments on Gerard's profile. Honestly, I don't think it was a good move of the label to throw us bait like that. Smart marketing, yes, but now they have a bunch of disappointed fans, you know what I mean?

Me too, it would make me super happy. All I want is to see them live once
:lamasad:

Posted

LMAO After seeing the reaction to what people thought was a reunion on Tumblr I was worried we'd have another culture wide emo/scene phase if they came back. I think this poor generation has had enough of that for a while at least :alpacawink:

Posted

Damn, thats a band that came out when I was in junior high, and part of highschool. I love their song "I'm not okay". That summed up junior high retreat....

Posted (edited)

I've been a fan of that band since I was 13 so them breaking up when I was 19 hurt quite a lot. And then I saw this teaser with the waving flag and really thought they'd come back and when I found out they're just going to rerelease the Black Parade I was like: Wow, marketing gone wrong. You know, the teaser was so misleading. As much as I love MCR I can't just ignore when they make mistakes. As for Gerard saying they don't have control over what their label is doing; I doubt that. Since they're not a band anymore I can't see how the label can pressure them into making a misleading teaser. Pretty sure they were asked if they're fine with rereleasing TBP and how it should be advertised. Given what I saw on the official MCR merchandise site, they are a bit money hungry. Even Bert (from The Used) said that was one of the reasons why he ended the friendship with MCR. (He said "fame started to get to their heads and all they thought about now was how to make more money." But since that guy is no angel himself, take this quote with a grain of salt.). I'm not quite sure, but I do see some signs of them being a bit thirsty for money... I mean they sell merchandise no other band sells. Like this hourglass which is about 130 € (dunno how much that is in $). But that's extremely expensive and besides an hourglass never played a role in MCRs videos or to the band in general. Then they make this dramatic trailer that would get former or newer fans to become a bit nostalgic so they were more likely to buy the rerelease.

Also I found it kind of weird how fast they released their greatest hits. It was like "yo we're broken up, now that we're gone let's bring out our greatest hits while fans are still missing us. Makes them more likely to buy it because they haven't let us go yet emotionally and think it's probably the last thing they'll ever get from us".

Well, I don't know exactly, these are just things I percieved about them that kind of rubbed the wrong way. As for me I was excited about the possibility of a reunion but to be honest, I feel like I've kind of outgrown them. And after a bit of sobbing I came to the conclusion that it's good to let them go. After seven years it's probably time to move onto different things too. My love for their music hasn't died though. Their music was and is and will always be amazing to me.  

What did you guys think of Franks and Gerards new record? I liked Hesitant Alien more than I thought I would, but it grew onto me surprisingly.

Edited by ThePumpkinPot