• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

KotaKoti ( Dakota ) GENERAL thread

286 posts in this topic

Posted

dakota_nat.thumb.png.8849b5c9be94612fc6f

Still don't know what to say about her new hair...

I think her new hair is fine, but that is NOT a good shopped photo for her curriculum. That face expression is really, really weird.

Posted

I saw this poster yesterday in Tokyo, looks like Dakota to me ? 

20190424_223552.jpg

Posted (edited)

I saw this poster yesterday in Tokyo, looks like Dakota to me ? 

20190424_223552.jpg

Yes she Definitely looks her.

Edited by uggi

Posted

I'm not sure it's her, unless they adjusted her nose bridge.

Posted

Saw this ad on IG today, and I'm pretty sure it's from the same company as the pic you posted.
She definitely looks a lot like Dakota (especially the side view) but I'm pretty sure this is the girl in the pic

20190428_091045.jpg

20190428_091031.jpg

Posted

Dakota has been found on TV! :alpacashocked: Though, not even for an interview or anything, I guess she's trying to go into acting like Kiki did?

(Shoutout to the lolcow user who posted the link and context, Dakota shows up between 28:40-34:15 and oh boy) Basically, she's playing a white girl named Charlotte who... eats people?? And her husband tries to feed someone to her but she ended up eating him instead. I apologize if that's explained badly but that's what I got from it, screenshots below incase the video gets sniped in the future

http://www.pandora.tv/view/opposite2/58789459/#39192490_new

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 7.35.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 7.35.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 7.45.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 7.47.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 7.47.46 PM.png

Posted

Hahah, a b-grade zombie movie. I don't know how to feel for Dakota.

Posted

Honestly that seems like a fun role to play even if it's for a bad movie. Heck I'd do it too lol

She does have some background with "dark/emo" stuff so I can see why it would interest her as well :alpacafedup:

Posted

Reviving this thread to post the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

IMG_1155.GIF

Posted

Are her modelling days over? She hasn’t posted on her insta since June..

Did everyone finally see her real face and real age??

Posted

This is purely anecdotal, but I live in Japan and I notice way less white models and even a bit less mixed models in ads and magazines now (though the latter will always be pretty common). I feel like the trend is going back to "pure" Japanese faces. Most trends now are pretty mature and lovely rather than cute, and K-pop inspired makeup and fashion is popular too... as we all know from the various koreaboo threads it's WAY prettier on East Asians and mixed girls and pretty funny-looking on Westerners.

Dakota's market would probably be drying up even if she didn't have issues with her edited face, her age and her body shape. I feel like she would be smart to become some sort of influencer, not banking on her "beauty" but her Japanese language and culture skills. She wouldn't have to edit so much, and she could just relax and engage like a normal person.

Posted

This is purely anecdotal, but I live in Japan and I notice way less white models and even a bit less mixed models in ads and magazines now (though the latter will always be pretty common). I feel like the trend is going back to "pure" Japanese faces. Most trends now are pretty mature and lovely rather than cute, and K-pop inspired makeup and fashion is popular too... as we all know from the various koreaboo threads it's WAY prettier on East Asians and mixed girls and pretty funny-looking on Westerners.

Dakota's market would probably be drying up even if she didn't have issues with her edited face, her age and her body shape. I feel like she would be smart to become some sort of influencer, not banking on her "beauty" but her Japanese language and culture skills. She wouldn't have to edit so much, and she could just relax and engage like a normal person.

What's so funny-looking about the makeup on westerners? Not asking in an accusatory way - just curious.
I've seen westerners (or really any race other than east-asian) try to make themselves look east asian, and that usually ends up looking weird (like all those non-existent overexposed noses), but you're saying if they just do it "normally" on their face it still looks bad?

Posted

What's so funny-looking about the makeup on westerners? Not asking in an accusatory way - just curious.I've seen westerners (or really any race other than east-asian) try to make themselves look east asian, and that usually ends up looking weird (like all those non-existent overexposed noses), but you're saying if they just do it "normally" on their face it still looks bad?

honestly for me it that it just doesn't suit their face and eye shapes, i've seen quite a few latin american girls pull off asian make up styles because of they also have almond eyes and rounder faces but usually westerns have "harsher" features, angled jaws, noses and eyebrows, think those chiseled cheekbones on european models. Asian make up is usually styled in a way to bring more attention to soft feautures which clashes with the angled look of alot of western facial structures.

Posted

I'd like to second this, but I guess once you get used to people complementing you for your looks, it might be hard to step back from that and search for other qualities. Especially if you are so very used to it, that it seems to become a part of your Identity. 

Posted (edited)

This whole only make-up trends from one country suits only this ethnicty is rubbish.

SO manny asians look absolutly ridicoulus with their own make up trends like too light make-up ton for their skin, too much of the so called glass skin that it looks sweaty,...etc Same for westeners where lots of people wear ricidoulus eyes brows they will feel deep shame in ten years or countouring like clown.

If make-up , hair and fashion trends suit you or not deepnds if you pick the right choices for you skin tone, face and body form, proportions, colours for you type,...etc.  David Kibbe the best for understanding what suits and not as a beginner and how much in detail it can be.

And it is in general a good thing that you have different trends around the world so that you can inform yourself and be inspired to try something new. So many in the west use these overly matt very thick foundations what makes already dry not fresh looking skin even worse looking. Only thanks to the korean make-up and skin care hype we have more products these days which focus on a healthy dewy but not glowy finish,... etc.

Most koreaboos are teenagers who have no idea and simply want to look like their idol and simply cake their face in the same way. Lisa Ring is a huge koreboo but her comparison video with one half of the face with typical german make-up and the other half with a back-in-the-day typical korean make-up showed that a mixture of both would be best for her.

Edited by Veeja