KotaKoti ( Dakota ) GENERAL thread

239 posts in this topic

Posted

I found a comment thread on girlschannel regarding her appearence on Fit's. They aren't kind at all, its full of comments that Kiko mentioned. All in all, Dakota's photoshop and beauty app nonsense isnt fooling her western or japanese audience. Its too easy to tell how fake it is. I honestly think Dakota set her ass up my calling herself a *~Real Life Barbie™ *~ because as she naturally ages she can't uphold that anymore. Not to mention its debateable if kept her diet in order or did any fitness stuff.

She could drop the kawaii bullshit and go for a more otome type look, but shes always been a weeby snowflake so I don't think thatll happen. She's better off going back to the USA. I'm getting concerned about her income  

http://girlschannel.net/topics/1055951/

Posted

So, long time lurker here. I've never really bothered about making an account as I always just really liked to read up on the gossip and not really had an opinion formed on most subjects. Kotakoti however, is a different story and I actually am suprised that she is still in Japan. Let's say I have some experience with the modeling world and all. Ofcourse most models will look different when they barge in without any makeup and such, sometimes even hard to reconginze (power of makeup am I right?) but I never really had the idea that Dakota looked anything close to what she gave out on social media to be. Especially since it kept changing from being a overly-super-kawaii-doll to a somewhat awkward alien-looking-mixture and back. 

I am slightly intrigued by the fact that she actually did get a ticket to live her dream (although, 'her dream' is also a retrospect I am not 100% confident in). I am sure she wanted to go to Japan to a certain level but it still seems like this was just a random 'marketing jump' because her older sister was kind of not in the spotlight anymore as well. Ofcourse, she learned Japanese and from what I've heard from the interviews it sounds pretty okay-ish (although my Japanese isn't a solid level so grammar wise other people will probably be able to tell about that more in debt) but still, why go to all this trouble of picking up a different language, moving into a (really, really) expensive appartment and after a couple of months just shrug and say 'Nope, never mind, I'm just not gonna do it anymore'. It feels kind of ... weird and ... almost like theres something else going on? Like yeah, agencies are done with her, internet is also not being overly positive and you have no money, you'd say that if you really had this long dream of making it in Japan and you know the language you'd put in some effort? It seems all so yeah, lazy, like some other poster mentioned. 

I also noticed that she is wearing shoes inside her appartment, on a tatami mat ..... :derp: I don't even. I seriously hope that she isn't living with someone she's friends with or family of a friend because this sounds so incredibly disrespectful. Whyyyyy would you do that.

Screen_Shot_2017-12-11_at_17.55.29.thumb

Screen_Shot_2017-12-11_at_17.55.46.thumb

Posted

I know that this might be off topic, but does anybody of you know what theme her tumblr is? (i think it's super cute)

Posted

KuS5o7vuSgiB1_4feko9Dg.png

ummm guys is it just me or does her head look COMICALLY small? Like... okay Dakota :happee: body of a normal woman but the head of a 5 year old, makes sense

Posted

Wait...isn't that...isn't that the seat outside of her parent's house? I could swear I've seat that seat before when she talked about visiting home and taking a photo in the states. Anyone have a better photo record or shall I go digging?

Posted

I don't understand how she started becoming a model in Japan if they saw she looked nothing like her photoshopped self. I have to admit she looks really pretty in the Disney collection. Isn't it alot of work to edit her like that? But I guess I can still understand a little if she was just a photo model but to appear on TV and on the cat walk looking so different is just so baffling to me. Did the japanese see it as a joke and decided to feature her or did they have no other western models at that time @[email protected]

Posted

I don't understand how she started becoming a model in Japan if they saw she looked nothing like her photoshopped self. I have to admit she looks really pretty in the Disney collection. Isn't it alot of work to edit her like that? But I guess I can still understand a little if she was just a photo model but to appear on TV and on the cat walk looking so different is just so baffling to me. Did the japanese see it as a joke and decided to feature her or did they have no other western models at that time @[email protected]

Though I can't read japanese or know of their PULL version website, I have a feeling that many underground Japanese males and such were begging for Dakota to model in Japan. 

I think it had to do with the lack of well-known western models because good or bad, you can't dismiss her infamy on the internet. And Japan has always had a fascination with foreigners so with these factors, including with how Dakota is fluent in Japanese, it was only a matter of time until she became a 'model' there.

What I'm confused about is how she got away with photoshopping so many of her pictures...

Posted

KuS5o7vuSgiB1_4feko9Dg.png

ummm guys is it just me or does her head look COMICALLY small? Like... okay Dakota :happee: body of a normal woman but the head of a 5 year old, makes sense

Sorry to say but all I see is-

63b71ed2e5f7ba5780336b6f6ad463f8.png

and

CwHwJUOWEAAdqYL.jpg

:happee:

Posted

I'm not sure if she ever checks her PS work, but by now she has so much experience she should at least notice the size of her head to be a peanut? I'm seriously curious to meet her in RL just to see what she looks like in daylight and without any cameras.

Posted

Wonder how pissed she gets when these companies use her old shops for listings

Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 19.13.04.png

Posted

I wonder how the other models feel knowing their company uses a 10y/o shoop for a grown ass woman ( probably bc she refused to get an actual headshot ) 

lmao it's so pathetic 

Posted

Why would anyone choose her ? LOL Everyone looking so pretty and then there's her, looking like a noob who uploaded a selfie instead of a professional shoot with good light

Posted

Why would anyone choose her ? LOL Everyone looking so pretty and then there's her, looking like a noob who uploaded a selfie instead of a professional shoot with good light

Ecspecially considering everyone looks so natural and fresh faced and then theres her :alpacaworry: