• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

4635 posts in this topic

Posted

I am wondering a lot - It seems to me that Venus's grandfather is quite a wealthy businessman, so wouldn't it be better for either Margo or Venus to go to Hungary and live with Venus's grandfather? In the case of Venus, she might provide Manaki with a better job by asking her grandfather.

I do remember that Margo hates her own parents because they forced her to go to church when she was young, but Margo.... Seriously? You are trying to disown your parents just because you don't want to go to church on Sunday...?

Posted

I am wondering a lot - It seems to me that Venus's grandfather is quite a wealthy businessman, so wouldn't it be better for either Margo or Venus to go to Hungary and live with Venus's grandfather? In the case of Venus, she might provide Manaki with a better job by asking her grandfather.

Even if he is rich, Venus likes Japan, and she likes Manaki. Hungary is an extremely different place. Would be a huge shock for both of them just for some money, of which they aren't hurting that badly. It isn't clear how well Venus even knows her grandfather.

I do remember that Margo hates her own parents because they forced her to go to church when she was young, but Margo.... Seriously? You are trying to disown your parents just because you don't want to go to church on Sunday...?

There's a bit more to it than that..

Posted

I'd rather not subject Venus to Sharla, Sharla has made fun of her before. 

Whattt , when ? Sorry I'm late to this thread.

Posted

But Manaki's family is in Japan so why would he move to another country away from his family to live with Venus's family when they have their own house already,and what if he likes his job? ^^ money isnt everything and just because they are family doesn't necessarily mean they are welcomed to stay there and is guaranteed a job

Posted

But Manaki's family is in Japan so why would he move to another country away from his family to live with Venus's family when they have their own house already,and what if he likes his job? ^^ money isnt everything and just because they are family doesn't necessarily mean they are welcomed to stay there and is guaranteed a job

Where is everyone getting this Grandfather information? Is it on this thread?  :)

Posted

Where is everyone getting this Grandfather information? Is it on this thread?  :)

I cant really remember if its in this thread or Margret's but its one of them lol ;-; im not much help

Posted

Margo thought Manaki's family was loaded and initially thought Venus was marrying into an easy life for Margo. She freaked out when she found out Manaki had a factory job. Manaki is very probably in a very very nice job where he is right now. Factory jobs are great and if Margo thought his family is loaded I bet they are pretty well off and provide a fair amount of security for Venus and any babies she might have with Manaki. 

Posted

I think venus probably wants to live with manaki in japan and is happier than ever. Why should she go to her grand-father who she doesn't really know? That would be maybe a choice for margoat.

Posted

I don't know whether it belongs in this thread but it just came to my mind when I realised Venus is now the legal age in Japan being 20. That would mean when she married Manaki she was underage in Japan right? Would that mean her and Manaki would have needed permission from both his parents and Margo? It just came to my mind and I wasn't sure what the laws for that are like in Japan. I know Venus has registered the marriage but they haven't actually had a ceremony have they?

Posted

They haven't had the ceremony as far as we know, despite it being over a year now. Wow time flies. 

But anyway, yes, I do believe Venus did need official permission from Margo to marry and she got it. Margo was fine with the marriage then and even organised most of it. 

Posted

I don't know whether it belongs in this thread but it just came to my mind when I realised Venus is now the legal age in Japan being 20. That would mean when she married Manaki she was underage in Japan right? Would that mean her and Manaki would have needed permission from both his parents and Margo? It just came to my mind and I wasn't sure what the laws for that are like in Japan. I know Venus has registered the marriage but they haven't actually had a ceremony have they?

I just looked it up and yes, if you're under 20, you need your parents' consent to get married. Apparently even of BOTH parents, so Venus' father would have to give his consent as well? 

Posted

I just looked it up and yes, if you're under 20, you need your parents' consent to get married. Apparently even of BOTH parents, so Venus' father would have to give his consent as well? 

Not sure about Japan, but here in Poland father doesn't need to give his consent only when his parental rights were terminated. So either Margo hadn't written Venus' father in on her birth certificate (as e.g. "unknown") or she reduced his parental laws in court, though I think it's the first case here. Other than that her father must've given his consent (despite e.g. not being in contact with child for years).

Posted

I thought Margo was married with Venus' Father? That would make him automatically the father on the birth certificate. I think Margo had sole custody, so no two signatures were required.

Posted

Margo and Venus' father got married when Venus was a year old baby. I'm not sure about Swiss/Hungary's law regarding this kind of thing, but there's a possibility Venus' father name isn't in the birth certificate because Venus was born out of wedlock.

Posted

Margo and Venus' father got married when Venus was a year old baby. I'm not sure about Swiss/Hungary's law regarding this kind of thing, but there's a possibility Venus' father name isn't in the birth certificate because Venus was born out of wedlock.

And that's most probably it, she could've easily said the father of the child was unknown. If Venus' father is in her birth certificate he had to give consent, if not - no.