• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

6958 posts in this topic

Posted

This is something that Margaret would write from a fake account. So your 13-year-old  begged you for a channel and you gave in and that makes it her fault? I have a friend whose daughter who is 10 loves ice cream. Every time they go out she will ask for it repeatedly and even beg sometimes. Guess what, he doesn't buy it EVERY time bc it's bad for her health to eat only ice cream constantly. Once the channel started, her mother could moderate/keep it as a hobby and focus on important parts of her child's life, like making friends and going to school. You and your child do NOT co-decide together, the adult has the final decision, it's called parenting. Making your child your business partner is called parentification and is a serious form of abuse.

https://www.newportacademy.com/resources/mental-health/parentification/

(sorry if I sound aggressive, but I am tired of hearing nonsense enabling the abuser, like the victim "insisted", "asked for it", "wanted it". At 13 she was a VICTIM of her mother's greed and desire not to work, regardless of her bad choices as an adult now)

It would make sense for this to be a puppet account considering she called Venus a famous makeup artist hahah

Posted

It would make sense for this to be a puppet account considering she called Venus a famous makeup artist hahah

Oh wow, yes you caught me. You're so clever lol

Posted

(sorry if I sound aggressive, but I am tired of hearing nonsense enabling the abuser, like the victim "insisted", "asked for it", "wanted it". At 13 she was a VICTIM of her mother's greed and desire not to work, regardless of her bad choices as an adult now)

Thank you for this. And just to be clear, no one is excusing Venus's shitty behavior as an adult. We are simply offer an explanation has to how she got that way. 

Posted (edited)

Her mother used Venus as a money-maker. Like some of Venus videos thumbnails were sexualised to get male viewers in all ages. Disgusting evil mother, doing such a dirty nasty thing to her own daughter, how could she literally do that to Venus.

Edited by Pinky

Posted (edited)

This is something that Margaret would write from a fake account. So your 13-year-old  begged you for a channel and you gave in and that makes it her fault? I have a friend whose daughter who is 10 loves ice cream. Every time they go out she will ask for it repeatedly and even beg sometimes. Guess what, he doesn't buy it EVERY time bc it's bad for her health to eat only ice cream constantly. Once the channel started, her mother could moderate/keep it as a hobby and focus on important parts of her child's life, like making friends and going to school. You and your child do NOT co-decide together, the adult has the final decision, it's called parenting. Making your child your business partner is called parentification and is a serious form of abuse.

https://www.newportacademy.com/resources/mental-health/parentification/

wow wow hold on.

venus is not victim anymore, she is free from her ‘alleged mother prison’ since 2015/16

she is not responsible for what happened to her and NOBODY blamed her

BUT

she is responsible fully responsible of her recovery journey 

it is not an excuse for her to re tell her story over and over again becuase taking the victim role forever is not healthy 

i think venus lied about her mother and i dont think margaret is 100% reason or responsible for venus’s mental health 

yes margaret mis - parented venus, and supported her deadly fame BUT it doesnt make venus 100% innocent especially with what she is doing right away

Edited by Mystic

Posted

Also venus was taken iut of school, didnt have any interactions with people her age. the fact Venus didn't even have a friend until Manaki and Mikan is also wild.  I wonder what kind of effect that has on people ? 

Posted (edited)

it is not an excuse for her to re tell her story over and over again becuase taking the victim role forever is not healthy 

As understandable as you point of view is, there are a few things one might need to keep in mind. Venus IS NOT healthy, if she would behave like a mentally healthy person.... She wouldn't be mentally ill. Simple as that. Measuring her with expectations of a healthy person will just lead to even bigger differences. That's why she is behaving the way that she is. That's not supposed to be an excuse, but it makes her behavior understandable to a certain degree.

You are a 100% right about her being responsible for her journey of recovery! 

I think Venus' journey of "healing" hasn't even started yet tbh. 

i think venus lied about her mother and i dont think margaret is 100% reason or responsible for venus’s mental health 

I think they both lied and badmouthed the other person to an incredible extent, in an ironically similar way. And as you said, margo might not be 100% the reason but there is a great deal coming together for Venus, added to her self destructive behavior. 

yes margaret mis - parented venus, and supported her deadly fame BUT it doesnt make venus 100% innocent especially with what she is doing right away

What she is doing right now is just the aftermath, mixed with some still active traumatic parts + unhealthy behaviourisms  though. You don't go from zero to hero in a second and the time frame that Venus has been gone from Margo is just a tiny fracture of the time she actually spend with her. Imagine that you will have to un-learn everything you have learned most of your life. And IMO Venus isn't just yet at the point, where she is able to start changing actively.

Sadly what she doesn't yet (but hopefully will someday) realize is that everytime she puts herself in the victim-shoes, she hurts no one but herself. 

Edited by b00ks

Posted

Some newly opened (random) accounts here are either defending venus or explaining why she acts like that + finding reasons for her

venus if that is you then read carefully..

there is no point of explaining yourself to us to try to defend your behaviors .. because our opinions does not really matter .. we are just online people who are reacting and commenting. I suggest you to start therapy seriously rather than lurking online searching for someone to explain yourself to.

what is more important is yours life, and your daily routine and mental health! Nobody else matters than your own health..

Posted

wow wow hold on.

venus is not victim anymore, she is free from her ‘alleged mother prison’ since 2015/16

she is not responsible for what happened to her and NOBODY blamed her

BUT

she is responsible fully responsible of her recovery journey 

She literally said at 13 Venus WAS a victim, not that she still is. Re-read what she wrote. Secondly, you seriously need to learn and understand the concept of reasons do not equal excuses. There are many reasons why someone is the way they are. Those are the facts. It does not automatically mean that they are excused of their behaviors as a result of the reasons in which they are that way.  

Furthermore, no one, no your nor I, is 100% innocent of anything. Period. Nothing in life is 100% and to think otherwise is incredibly naive. But even if Margaret didn’t do everything that Venus said, all you have to do is read about all the things she’s done to OTHER YouTubers along with how she conducts herself on social media and commentators to realize that she is a very bad person. To even entertain the notion that maybe she’s “not all that bad” for a second when there is plenty of evidence to illustrate what an unstable narcissist she is is both willful ignorance and absolutely ridiculous.

Definitely not a puppet. At least not of Margo. Maybe a supporter of hers, but not Margo. The English and grammar is too good. Margo types incoherently.

People here should really go read about the importance of a parent's influence in the forming years of a child. We are literally products of the environment we grew up in and once we turn 18 we do not magically change and let everything go... It's easy for you to say that therapy is easy and a walk in the park you can start anytime, if you haven't experienced yourself nasty shit while growing up.

I don't even see the point of this thread anymore. We're going in a circle of "it's margaret's fault" to "it's not margaret's fault anymore" to "but she has mental health issues" to "why doesnt she get treatment, she's a manipulator and an evil person" and back to "i feel bad for her"... This is boring.

It’s generally going in circles as a result of some people (not all, some) being too lazy to read literally just a a few pages back so they end up repeating what’s already been said over and over and over. I just keep lurking in hopes of new information as V is absent longer and longer.

Posted

Well I think we can agree on on thing: Venus is like that kind of friend you care about and want to help...but at the same time you don‘t want to hear the same shit all over again (especially when your words just hit a blank wall). Wasted energy for someone you can‘t really let go of...:/

Posted

People here should really go read about the importance of a parent's influence in the forming years of a child. We are literally products of the environment we grew up in and once we turn 18 we do not magically change and let everything go... It's easy for you to say that therapy is easy and a walk in the park you can start anytime, if you haven't experienced yourself nasty shit while growing up.

I don't even see the point of this thread anymore. We're going in a circle of "it's margaret's fault" to "it's not margaret's fault anymore" to "but she has mental health issues" to "why doesnt she get treatment, she's a manipulator and an evil person" and back to "i feel bad for her"... This is boring.

i got to agree with you it is becoming super boring .. these are the results of her refusing to get treatment. Anyway we have nothing else to discuss about when it comes to venus! I think i will look for something more interesting than keep repeating her boring story every day

Posted

You do come off as bashing tbh. I don't want to start any drama so I won't continue responding, but people are a product of both genetics AND their environment/upbringing and they do not "just are like that". There are multiple sources I could quote to prove it if anyone is interested, but the bottom line is that you don't wake up one day and decide to have an impulsive, nomadic lifestyle dragging your underage kid around. The mods should correct me if I am wrong, but this is a forum where we express opinions. I don't know Venus personally, but I can say my opinion, but talking about her family is going too far? *In my opinion doing NOTHING speaks volumes sometimes when it comes to abuse. Margot plays the victim all the time, so if they tried to interfere and help Venus or stage an intervention, I high doubt she would have remained silent to protect their reputation. Most likely they are no contact. And no, I disagree with the last part where you said that the situation with Venus is vague, she is clearly alcoholic,clearly mentally ill and clearly without a support system. I wrote those things about her bc I know she reads the forum and other people have wrote great advice, so if she reads it MAYBE, it can be of some help. Just hoping about something without action rarely if ever results to anything.

You really are taking my reply the wrong way I think, I really didn't mean it in some personally insulting way to you. Of course you are free to express your opinions, that's also exactly why I responded to you in the first place. I just personally feel like we don't know nearly enough about the rest of the family and research or studies only say something about combined data and research, not this individual case. That's why I think it's unfair to them to basically bash them here. *Again we have nothing to base this conclusion of except for the assumption Margot would've posted about it if it happened. Venus situation with her mom has always been complicated and I really think you're underestimating how easy it would have been for her family to essentially get her away from her mom. If you disagree that's fine of course, just sharing my opinion on this. 

I don't know if Venus best option is going to her homecountry but she really needs some quality professional mental help and I don't think she'll be able to get that in Japan. 

Posted

Some people said its possible to get a mental health help in Japan nowadays, while others said its hard or impossible

My guess is you need to search it at the right place, and I dont think Venus is capable of searching for it herself