• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

7194 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

No I meant I bought two from Margaret's stash

Edited by eru777

Posted (edited)

What does she even do now? I thought she was well known as a talented make-up artist, but she seems to have given up what she was good at. 

sorry what? you thought venus was a makeup artist?

Edited by kyuutobani
spelling

Posted

I'm sorry, it's totally not anyone's fault if they got incorrect info, but I am cackling at the idea of Venus being known as a talented makeup artist. She was constantly being roasted at how bad her makeup was (The Cinderella "5 year old got into her mom's makeup" look, her trying to do the "Asian dewey" trend that just made her look hella greasy, the problematic and famous "how to look half Japanese", etc). She had some decent stuff out there, but most of it was really questionable (I think she used the same eyeshadow palette for 10 years? probably waay past its expiration). 

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 3.57.14 PM.png

Posted

Was she ever well-known as a talented make-up artist? She did do her own makeup for the stage play thing, but I think that's because they want her to look like she usually does, or because they don't have anyone experienced with foreign makeup.

She improved her makeup skills in the last 2 years or so, but she used to be...horrible at applying it but still ended up looking decent. She'd cake so much on. She'd say stuff that wasn't true to seem smart during tutorials, like she uses a purple-tinted primer to neutralise her red spots...no. Green cancels red. Purple brightens the skin, gives it a glowy effect.

I thought that's why she's well known, as her videos were of her doing different kind of looks, and I thought she was quite good at it. 

I bought two articles of clothing, I will report to you about their quality when they arrive, lol

Where is she selling them?

Posted

Wow that's amazing compared to £9000 a year that most universities cost in Britain now. I would class 100-200 to be free compared to what we pay in Britain. 

What does she even do now? I thought she was well known as a talented make-up artist, but she seems to have given up what she was good at. 

She hasn't done any make up videos for years! There was a time where she did daily uploads of make up tutorials and she did get a solid following but then everything we know about personally happened and now her channel is just a wreck. She's back and forth with having an upload schedule and even then she uploads all sorts of rubbish.

Posted (edited)

Guys, are you really sure you want to buy anything, knowing your hard-earned money is going into Margaret's pocket? You're entitled to do whatever you want with your own $ of course, but personally I wouldn't touch anything SHE touched with a ten foot pole.

I might sell them back to Venus and make a profit

(I don't think she will buy them though, but I'll ask her lol)

Edited by eru777

Posted

I thought that's why she's well known, as her videos were of her doing different kind of looks, and I thought she was quite good at it. 

She's well known as a kawaii living doll making kawaii videos and eating candy. As a makeup artist? Hell no. I'm sure the beauty community would be offended. The final product looks good, but she doesnt know how to apply makeup nor why she's applying it. Saying purple cancels red (it's green), green covers dark circles (it's coral), white brightens (yes but that's what her purple colour corrector is for). And she'd cake on so much foundation, I'm surprised she doesn't have acne.

Only her most recent video has correct makeup techniques. Her other ones are trash.

Posted (edited)

margaret is selling some of venus' clothes she had in storage

her store is here https://www.ebay.com/usr/venusangelic_items?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

not much is left in terms of clothes though

there are other knick knacks

Interesting. 

She hasn't done any make up videos for years! There was a time where she did daily uploads of make up tutorials and she did get a solid following but then everything we know about personally happened and now her channel is just a wreck. She's back and forth with having an upload schedule and even then she uploads all sorts of rubbish.

Yes I saw her channel has been in a mess, and was confused, as her make up and style videos were quite popular, and if it's her only source of income then was wondering why she didn't want to carry on with them. 
I was hoping maybe she's getting a life offline. Maybe even a job and relationships that aren't on the internet, but if a person has been so popular and famous online, can they go back to having a life more offline? 

Edited by PLee4

Posted

This is something that Margaret would write from a fake account. So your 13-year-old  begged you for a channel and you gave in and that makes it her fault? I have a friend whose daughter who is 10 loves ice cream. Every time they go out she will ask for it repeatedly and even beg sometimes. Guess what, he doesn't buy it EVERY time bc it's bad for her health to eat only ice cream constantly. Once the channel started, her mother could moderate/keep it as a hobby and focus on important parts of her child's life, like making friends and going to school. You and your child do NOT co-decide together, the adult has the final decision, it's called parenting. Making your child your business partner is called parentification and is a serious form of abuse.

https://www.newportacademy.com/resources/mental-health/parentification/

(sorry if I sound aggressive, but I am tired of hearing nonsense enabling the abuser, like the victim "insisted", "asked for it", "wanted it". At 13 she was a VICTIM of her mother's greed and desire not to work, regardless of her bad choices as an adult now)

It would make sense for this to be a puppet account considering she called Venus a famous makeup artist hahah

Posted

It would make sense for this to be a puppet account considering she called Venus a famous makeup artist hahah

Oh wow, yes you caught me. You're so clever lol

Posted

(sorry if I sound aggressive, but I am tired of hearing nonsense enabling the abuser, like the victim "insisted", "asked for it", "wanted it". At 13 she was a VICTIM of her mother's greed and desire not to work, regardless of her bad choices as an adult now)

Thank you for this. And just to be clear, no one is excusing Venus's shitty behavior as an adult. We are simply offer an explanation has to how she got that way. 

Posted (edited)

Her mother used Venus as a money-maker. Like some of Venus videos thumbnails were sexualised to get male viewers in all ages. Disgusting evil mother, doing such a dirty nasty thing to her own daughter, how could she literally do that to Venus.

Edited by Pinky