• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

6842 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not a fan of the idea, that you HAVE TO dress a certain way (or at least not less in certain ways) as you age, especially when Venus is still very young (I'd understand the complaints better if she was 50+ or something). If she happens to prefer the dolly style, it doesn't automatically mean that she doesn't accept her age. She probably doesn't accept it anyway ('cause we all struggle to accept it, people focused no their appearance more so), but that's a different topic... 

It's not like she can't dress in cute style, but for her mental and physical health she should avoid it. When you read negative comments about her appearance here on PULL or lolcow, youtube etc. it can be really damaging for Venus. A new style would revive her channel and she wouldn't struggle with money issues she has right now and would be safe from all the creepy old men. Social media can be damaging to any ordinary person, now double that with body issues like anorexia and mental health. You can see how desperate she is by all the photoshoping.

Posted (edited)

I'm not a fan of the idea, that you HAVE TO dress a certain way (or at least not less in certain ways) as you age, especially when Venus is still very young (I'd understand the complaints better if she was 50+ or something). If she happens to prefer the dolly style, it doesn't automatically mean that she doesn't accept her age. She probably doesn't accept it anyway ('cause we all struggle to accept it, people focused no their appearance more so), but that's a different topic... 

I totally agree with this. The problem is she's stuck with this perfect doll persona and she'll clearly refuse to age. She want to achieve those impossible asian beauty criteria. The fact is she's WHITE and first of all, a human with flaws. Her body and face is different than japanese women and she'll age faster than them (especially with the way she's living now). That's how it is.

She had a complex with her face shape since a long ago but from seeing everywhere her picture from that drunk stream where she had jowls and deep nasolabial folds , she must be currently obsessed with it.

Speaking about nasolabial folds, they often appear prematurely after a big (and unhealthy) weight loss...

Edited by Acchan's lips

Posted

Instead of worrying about her face shape she should spend time looking into therapy and getting herself in a healthy place. I know she said that nobody will help her in Japan but I doubt she’s exhausted her options. I also feel like she’s gotten incredibly thin. It wouldn’t surprise me if she’s been drinking her days away without eating. The girl is a mess and she needs help big time. 

Posted

Idk if you guys have checked her youtube recently, but it seems really likely that she has gotten some psychiatric help. she's been posting videos about her personal life and her mental and physical health. i find it quite refreshing that she is coming out into the public like this so forum websites like these wont be able to parade on her for much longer. also, venus is still very young. she just got out of her teenage years and is still in her very early twenties. I think its rather acceptable that she dresses like a child or doll like. she really missed out on her childhood with her mom and all that. shes growing as a person and its really nice to see that. i really hate to find people on the internet and especially on this website still talking trash about her. also, can we really blame her for acting out after all the trauma shes been through? people act like they know what theyre talking about when they talk about how 'you should go to therapy instead of developing a eating disorder or cutting yourself!' its really not that easy. therapy is a hard thing to do and its difficult not to just lash out at yourself and do things to push down your past and feelings. you dont know what abuse and trauma can do to someones mental health. so can you people please stop saying things like 'she needs therapy' 'she shouldnt have to develop a eating disorder, shes already skinny' because its easier said than done. emotional scars are the worst ones and you never know what effect it may take on someone.

I wonder how long that opinion of yours will last. Until she has the next breakdown? Maybe the one after that? We've been hoping for her to get better for years, she constantly promises that "now she's feeling sooo much better", only to disappear from social media and then come back depressed and drunk.

She doesn't want help, she isn't get help, she has pushed all her friends away with her awful behaviour. And she does want to get babied and pitied by her followers, that's all they're good for to her.

Also a big, yes, she NEEDS therapy. Very badly. Because she clearly can't function by herself for long and she's also not working on her trauma whatsoever. So if you want her to struggle through the rest of her life, then yeah, she doesn't need therapy or help.

Posted (edited)

As far as her style goes, here’s how I read it.

People can definitely keep a consistent aesthetic from a young age, but usually there’s also some growth, both in style and mentality.

Venus now and Venus at say, 13, though, are literally the same except I’d say Venus now is worse mentally. It’s worrying for anyone to stay in one place for this long without showing literally ANY personal growth even with their style. It’s like she has attached herself to that, and doesn’t even seem to want to? I mean, she’s talked about aesthetic changes before, but Dolly aesthetic is her comfort zone and she just always ends up going back to that like a safety net. It’s what her identity is built around. Idk, this is sort of rambly, but I hope I got my point across. 

Edited by AliOrSomething
wording

Posted

Idk if you guys have checked her youtube recently, but it seems really likely that she has gotten some psychiatric help. she's been posting videos about her personal life and her mental and physical health. i find it quite refreshing that she is coming out into the public like this so forum websites like these wont be able to parade on her for much longer. also, venus is still very young. she just got out of her teenage years and is still in her very early twenties. I think its rather acceptable that she dresses like a child or doll like. she really missed out on her childhood with her mom and all that. shes growing as a person and its really nice to see that. i really hate to find people on the internet and especially on this website still talking trash about her. also, can we really blame her for acting out after all the trauma shes been through? people act like they know what theyre talking about when they talk about how 'you should go to therapy instead of developing a eating disorder or cutting yourself!' its really not that easy. therapy is a hard thing to do and its difficult not to just lash out at yourself and do things to push down your past and feelings. you dont know what abuse and trauma can do to someones mental health. so can you people please stop saying things like 'she needs therapy' 'she shouldnt have to develop a eating disorder, shes already skinny' because its easier said than done. emotional scars are the worst ones and you never know what effect it may take on someone.

im sorry but you think advising her to take her mental health seriously is wrong?

sorry but you are completely clueless! Yes it was never easy what she is going through, nobody blamed her here for what happened to her by her mother or her past!

but continuing life like she is going into a healing process is not something she showed to us! All what she has done was to post randomly, begging for money (indirectly), attracting pedophiles, and drinking alcohol! Moreover, over photoshoping her face 

thats why she needs therapy! Her posts are not evidence that she is healing but a determined sign of her that she is taking the wrong path

also if you want a pov of someone experienced what venus experienced! I had similar past life but i can tell you it is not going that way! 

BPD sufferers need therapy. 

It is way better to go to a long therapy process where you are being led correctly by a psychiatrist 

than

to continue life like nothing happened..

Posted (edited)

Not trying to armchair diagnose, but I feel like her "reverting" back to her dolly phase and the attempts to act more adult, but then eventually falling back into her more childish persona could be regression. When someone is faced with a stressful or traumatic experience, some individuals can regress into a more childish mindset which comforts them because it reminds them of a time before the stress stress or trauma happened.

Just from what I see online of her (and my experience with it), she definitely seems textbook for that. Makes a lot of sense why we then see these behaviours and could be one of the reasons why she tries to get her life together and then falls apart again. 

I don't really have much to say about her anymore considering it's the same all the time and nothing changes.

Edited by rootbranch
Cleared up a thought

Posted

Not trying to armchair diagnose, but I feel like her "reverting" back to her dolly phase and the attempts to act more adult, but then eventually falling back into her more childish persona could be regression. When someone is faced with a stressful or traumatic experience, some individuals can regress into a more childish mindset which comforts them because it reminds them of a time before the stress stress or trauma happened.

Just from what I see online, she definitely seems textbook for that. Makes a lot of sense why we then see these behaviours and could be one of the reasons why she tries to get her life together and then falls apart again. 

I don't really have much to say about her anymore considering it's the same all the time and nothing changes.

I agree with this.  It seems to make sense that after a screwed up childhood like hers, she would want to somehow “relive” those years and feel the safety she never had by behaving like a child and dressing in a kawaii style.  But nothing can bring back that time.

I only hope she realises this (through therapy or otherwise) before it costs her too much of her young adulthood...the only thing for her now is to move on and enjoy the future still to come, rather than wasting it attempting to relive a past that is gone.

Posted (edited)

I agree with everything the posters above say. I believe that when your entire identity has been built around how you look, because of abusive parenting, it is often resulting to immense self hate and self harm when things go wrong. Her fans -although well intended- always praised her for her dolly looks and she never had much else going. I was reading this article recently and it reminded me of Venus (NOT attempting to diagnose anyone, just sharing my thoughts) :

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-intelligent-divorce/201405/the-borderline-mother

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-intelligent-divorce/201510/the-borderline-daughter

The TLDR of those articles is that : borderline personality in a child is a result of a combination of traumatic abandonment and abusive over-involvement and the mother is also a borderline. That reminded me of Margo controlling everything about Venus, but same time completely abandoning and neglecting her needs for stability, friends,normal school life, having a bf/gf etc. The second article says that children tend to align with the parent's behavior, regardless of the truth or objectivity behind it, in an attempt to give the parent what he/she wants. In that frame, if a mother is constantly worrying about the daughter becoming fat, the daughter can develop bulimia or binge eating in a "since u want to worry so much, I will give you something to worry about" subconscious mentality. It could explain a lot about Venus's alcoholism and inability to manage her life, both things that Margo has been accusing her of for years. 

Edited by IdylleDoll

Posted

You know she's still battling her problems when she randomly posts at 4AM... 

IMG_20191230_201426.jpg

Posted

Anyone have any guesses on where she’s living now? Alone or with a friend? She’s posted so many videos lately and the cooking one she’s in some luxurious looking kitchen. Her kitchen with Manaki was teeny tiny.

Posted (edited)

Tbh feels like we are beating a dead horse at this point. 

Well, considering that mental health isn't curable or manageable in 5 easy steps you're going to be beating that horse for a few years.

Anyone have any guesses on where she’s living now? Alone or with a friend? She’s posted so many videos lately and the cooking one she’s in some luxurious looking kitchen. Her kitchen with Manaki was teeny tiny.

The cooking video is in collaboration with Tokyo Creative so it's probably their kitchen.

Edited by Sryut

Posted

She's lost the plot