• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

7194 posts in this topic

Posted

I think the criticism goes both ways (make more videos and stay off the internet) at the same time, because YouTube is her only source of income. If she stays off SM completely (which I do agree would be good for her) she needs a proper job, but she has expressed before she doesn't want a normal job (I also don't think she could hold down a regular job with how she's behaving...). So what's the alternative? Honestly, her content was never that great and I can't imagine that the videos she uploaded until now ever compared to a normal 40 hour work week. Making a video once a week just seems like the easy way. Especially since her fans really don't ask for extremely good quality...

Posted (edited)

I think the criticism goes both ways (make more videos and stay off the internet) at the same time, because YouTube is her only source of income. If she stays off SM completely (which I do agree would be good for her) she needs a proper job, but she has expressed before she doesn't want a normal job (I also don't think she could hold down a regular job with how she's behaving...). So what's the alternative? Honestly, her content was never that great and I can't imagine that the videos she uploaded until now ever compared to a normal 40 hour work week. Making a video once a week just seems like the easy way. Especially since her fans really don't ask for extremely good quality...

she is making it impossible for her ownself! I said before, she is not mentally stable and does not want to cure herself, how could she manage any kind of job in this world? 

She needs seriously needs to be under any mental institution then after that she could manage any kind of jobs (weeaboo online / regular job .. whatever )

Edited by Mystic

Posted

I know she has always done YouTube but when I've done it before it does feel lonely after a while. Luckily I do have a part time job to go alongside it so I do have people I work with and talk to. However when it comes to Venus I can imagine her being so lonely. 

Posted (edited)

Errmmm, brah, I think you completely missed their point. Did you not hear that Venus has claimed to be gay, not bisexual? That’s why OP made that comment. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Sakurai's lip

Posted (edited)

She added "(both, friendship and romance) " to her caption :alpacabored:

Screenshot_20191118_223637.thumb.jpg.c59

Random throwback to her use of the word"family":

Tbh when she used the word family I thought she meant Manaki and his fam.

She keeps slendering him irregularly but if I am not wrong she used to say that she still sees him as family, didn't she? :alpacaconfused: Feel free to correct me if I am wrong though, I tried to look for some receipts but wasn't able to find anything, so I am wondering if I am remembering it wrong. It might also be  because she deletes half of her posts the second she uploads them and/or  because she edits the captions even more often, I don't really know anymore. 

Also, she uploaded a bracelet she got as a gift from Mana's mom as well as one she got from Taylor in June, so I randomly concluded they still might be on good terms lmao.

Anyways, she half-confirmed her new relationship and even though I hope she proves me wrong, I am almost a 100% certain that her new Beau is either your cliché Ojisan or Otaku.  :alpacadone:

(who knows, maybe she'll surprise us with the big-busted goth gf  she was talking about before. At this point, I am more than hoping for it... ) 

Edited by b00ks

Posted (edited)

“Soul sucking job”? Where? She could just do 1 livestream for half an hour/week and keep her channel afloat that way if she wanted to, lol. Even that is just tooo much wooork for the kawaii princess.

She doesn’t want to “try something new,” she wants to sit on her ass surfing the internet and drinking all day.

4C4B1DA7-DAC5-419D-815B-3FB105717E1A.thu

Honestly if it's helping her I'd rather her take the break. She should only make videos if she wants to and clearly for the last year it has not as she has appeared super depressed. If she doesn't want to do them she doesn't have to. To be frank a few weeks ago we were saying "Get off the internet and take a break to get better." I think it's a good thing she is taking a break and stepping away a bit. I want her to get better and not have to cater to fans if that is what is needed. I am still rooting for her to be successful and happy. 

Edited by Vanilla
I wrote rotting instead of rooting and it is not a good

Posted

“Soul sucking job”? Where? She could just do 1 livestream for half an hour/week and keep her channel afloat that way if she wanted to, lol. Even that is just tooo much wooork for the kawaii princess.

She doesn’t want to “try something new,” she wants to sit on her ass surfing the internet and drinking all day.

4C4B1DA7-DAC5-419D-815B-3FB105717E1A.thu

What does a soul sucking job means to you? To me it has nothing to do with effort, it's about fulfillment, streaming for half an hour and getting drunk while a British guy gives you £2 to say hi to him is a good example of a "soul sucking job".

Errmmm, brah, I think you completely missed their point. Did you not hear that Venus has claimed to be gay, not bisexual? That’s why OP made that comment. 

Errmmm, brah, I call myself gay, if she's actually lesbian (I've never heard a lesbian call herself gay) but is attracted to a man, what does that makes her? And if we're going with... dammit I don't know what word I'm supposed to use... last point in the timeline??? Sure timeline it is, I don't care; then the last thing she said is that she's bi or pansexual, which are kinda the same thing

Posted (edited)

What does a soul sucking job means to you? To me it has nothing to do with effort, it's about fulfillment, streaming for half an hour and getting drunk while a British guy gives you £2 to say hi to him is a good example of a "soul sucking job".

Kinda hard to justify calling something you spend maybe an hour/week doing a “soul sucking job,” lol. And she’s the one who has chosen to be unemployed with no education for the past 4 years, no one is forcing any of this on Poor Venus.

Edited by Andromeda Galaxy

Posted

Random throwback to her use of the word"family":

Tbh when she used the word family I thought she meant Manaki and his fam.

She keeps slendering him irregularly but if I am not wrong she used to say that she still sees him as family, didn't she? :alpacaconfused: 

i really don’t think Manaki and his parents care one way or the other about who Venus might be in a relationship with these days or even want to know, much less approving or disapproving of whoever it is. After everything she put him through including lying, mooching off him, drinking and especially that video she made to attack him I’m pretty sure they’re all just glad that he’s rid of her crazy ass.

This “my friends and family” routine of hers is probably another fantasy she dreamed up, like that “Company” she formed with the office, studio, employees and a second home in Tokyo so she could go to all her important Business Meetings every day. Or maybe it’s just another lie like when she claimed Manaki quit his job to live off HER earnings. 

She’s both delusional and a liar so who knows?

Posted

She's a weeb though and was a major weeb growing up. I think it's crazy to say she never wanted to make videos. I know it's "Margo said", but while they were on good terms, she stated that Venus wanted to upload to YT and Margo was initially against it because she "wasn't sure how it'd affect her (Margo)" -- self-centered much? But Venus insisted and Margo gave in. I think that's very plausible, and it seems Venus had a desire to be an internet presence and live in Japan of her own volition. I don't buy the 'Margo made her do everything and she was vehemently against it and completely forced into it' narrative. That's way too one-sided. Venus was a major weeb from a young age. Weebs have a tendency to be attention-seekers, crave to live in Japan and show-off their "kawaii" facade to others. As a weeb, what do you expect? Margo didn't make her a weeb, she just enabled her and allowed her the opportunity to live that lifestyle once she decided to invest in her YT (equipment etc), buying her Japanese language books, working on the channel as momager etc. This is likely something that Venus was interested in as a teen (she even learned the fricking language on her own accord for a reason, no one forced her to do this) and continued doing YT for years after leaving, not because she didn't know how to do anything else, but she didn't want to. Regular jobs were beneath her, she didn't want to get an education and YT was a very good and easy source of income. Not to mention it was new and exciting in Japan so she could upload new type of content and she must have enjoyed the validation she got from all the internet attention throughout the years. She literally wrote one of her dreams was to be 'known for being kawaii'. It's absurd to say she never enjoyed it or wanted to do it. Her interest seems to have fizzled out now though (she's been doing the same thing for years), but also due to depression (lack of motivation) and her scrambling for a visa via "the company" atm). I assume once she gets things in order, she'll return to YT as she said, but she doesn't seem as interested anymore, she just wants the money. But that doesn't mean she was never interested.

It also doesn't even seem like Margo was involved in initial video production. (as evident of Venus' early low quality recorded dance vids which appear to be pre-margo involvement) and only got involved as a momager later on, presumably when she realized there was money to be made. Which is fine if she's not batshit crazy, overbearing/nagging, and also doesn't quit her job (as tempting as it might be to push the channel so they can become millionaires). I mean, you could say at that point she was "forced" to keep making videos, since if they quit YT, Margo had no other job to fall back on, but Venus' interest in weeb culture/online entertainment was already present, she wasn't forced to like it by Margo. I think she genuinely liked making videos. I just think she didn't like Margot. 

Unpopular opinion, but I just can't buy the Margo forced her into everything narrative, whilst also not doing anything to contribute and making Venus put in all the work on the channel. Way too black and white. And to be fair, the people who say she needs a break from the internet, are usually not the same ones who say she needs to post -- they only criticise her when she announces she's coming back or promises content but doesn't deliver. It's a fair criticism. Don't promise things and not follow through or put in any effort. Just take a long break, no SM posting or lurking (including gossip threads) and sort yourself out first.

(Sorry, don‘t know how to spoiler)

Probably. 

Venus started it all and once it got many views, Margo saw theca$h flowing and jumped in as manager

Posted

Kinda hard to justify calling something you spend maybe an hour/week doing a “soul sucking job,” lol. And she’s the one who has chosen to be unemployed with no education for the past 4 years, no one is forcing any of this on Poor Venus.

I think what the OP means is the type of environment this "job" gives. She probably still receives a lot of "weaboo" or "weirdo" or "you don't belong to japan" comments, and she just doesn't want to get back to it.

However Instagram offers just the same type of community so I wouldn't say it's the actual problem. She just looks fed up with it and doesn't want to put the maintenance effort anymore.

I'm personally not a fan of her having a sugar daddy, mostly because that's not the character she tried to portray all these years... It's a weird turn of events, and further enables her lazy personality.

Posted

i really don’t think Manaki and his parents care one way or the other about who Venus might be in a relationship with these days or even want to know, much less approving or disapproving of whoever it is. After everything she put him through including lying, mooching off him, drinking and especially that video she made to attack him I’m pretty sure they’re all just glad that he’s rid of her crazy ass.

This “my friends and family” routine of hers is probably another fantasy she dreamed up, like that “Company” she formed with the office, studio, employees and a second home in Tokyo so she could go to all her important Business Meetings every day. Or maybe it’s just another lie like when she claimed Manaki quit his job to live off HER earnings. 

She’s both delusional and a liar so who knows?

Seems about right now that you say it, could be a pretty much one sided relationship (if one might call it that) on her side. And if she is really dating someone that "controversial", most people would tell her that dating someone like that is bad, no matter how their relationship is. It's just speculation on my side anyway, but I can't shake the feeling that Manaki is still feeling responsible for her, but who knows really. 

Hopefully she is talking about her aunt who tried to get into contact with her or whoever. Just P L E A S E don't let it be Margo... :alpacadone:

Posted

I definitely want to see results of that (not the delusional ones of course).

She also posted a regular insta photo, where she looks decent.

Screenshot_20191119-140855_Instagram.jpg

Posted

Errmmm, brah, I call myself gay, if she's actually lesbian (I've never heard a lesbian call herself gay) but is attracted to a man, what does that makes her? And if we're going with... dammit I don't know what word I'm supposed to use... last point in the timeline??? Sure timeline it is, I don't care; then the last thing she said is that she's bi or pansexual, which are kinda the same thing

Wow, how old even are you? First of all, funny thing where just because you personally haven’t heard it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. MANY lesbians refer to themselves as gay. Ellen Degeneres for example refers to herself as gay. Shit when she came out on her show back in the 90’s she literally said “I’m gay”. If she’s attracted to both male and female then she would be bi but that’s not what she has claimed and you have no right to tell her what her sexuality is. You can speculate, but that’s what SHE has identified as and until she does otherwise, that’s what we have. I have not seen her claim either bi or pan, simply ask about it. 

And we literally had this discussion a few pages back about how bi and pan are not the same thing. You need some serious growth and education.